• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for March 2010

omg rite said:
It is an unarguable fact that the PS3 has had supply issues since Christmas.

However it was easier to find in March than it was in February, no question there. If you wanted a PS3, you could find it. You might have had to go to a 2nd store but this wasn't a Wii-esque shortage.
Reporting Period: 1/31/2010 through 2/27/2010- PlayStation 3 360.1K

Reporting Period: 2/28/2010 through 4/03/2010- PlayStation 3 313.9K

:p

soldat7

ATTN People With No Sense Of Humor!!!!

Forums poster "EmCeeGramr" was making a JOKE!!! about forums poster "Draft's" joke about the length of "Gran Turismo 5"'s development cycle!!!!! "JOKES" are ironic statements meant to illicit MIRTH and LAUGHTER in other people!! Draft as insinuating through HUMOR that Gran Turismo 5 will not come out this year, in keeping with its delays and very long development time, and EMCeeGramr was merely explaining that this was a joke. THAT IS THE JOKE

THANK YOU AND HAVE A NICE DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bc226

omg rite said:
It is an unarguable fact that the PS3 has had supply issues since Christmas.

However it was easier to find in March than it was in February, no question there. If you wanted a PS3, you could find it. You might have had to go to a 2nd store but this wasn't a Wii-esque shortage.

This i Agree with. That is why to me i find it hard to believe that here was a shortage at this time also due to the fact i went to Gamestop and walmart and meijer and found PS3s this in the suburbs of Chicago.

soldat7 said:

Forums poster "EmCeeGramr" was making a JOKE!!! about forums poster "Draft's" joke about the length of "Gran Turismo 5"'s development cycle!!!!! "JOKES" are ironic statements meant to illicit MIRTH and LAUGHTER in other people!! Draft as insinuating through HUMOR that Gran Turismo 5 will not come out this year, in keeping with its delays and very long development time, and EMCeeGramr was merely explaining that this was a joke. THAT IS THE JOKE

Humor shortages, dude. Otherwise everyone would've gotten it.

Lonely1 said:
I don't expect Rs2 numbers to be high. But a 300k would be outside of the top 10 and still be very decent.

Yeah, it all depends on where it did. If it did 200-300,000 (which is entirely possible), then I would say that it sold fairly well. On the other hand, if it sold less than 100,000, then it didn't do very well at all.

I know I'm late but damn at those GOW3 numbers. I didn't know if it can pull off a million but it did good job.

Also glad to see BFBC2 selling far better than the first the game deserve it.

oh and .... shortages

JaxJag

Banned
So I guess we've gotten to the point where video games sell throughout the year and not just during the holiday season?

This year software has been moving like crazy...

legend166

ShockingAlberto said:
Games like RS2 do the bulk of their sales in the first week

Eh, I think this would have better legs than most other titles of its ilk. When expectations are low, word of mouth getting around saying "It's actually pretty good" would help.

So the first month US attachment rate for FFXIII is 6.86% on PS3 vs. 2.50% on 360.
While BC2 has a more even out relation of 3.74% attachment rate on PS3 to 4.19% on 360.

I think the difference in FF sales is easy due to the franchise's connection to Playstation and the "late" port announcement, maybe a few PS3 copies more due to no online play and the better PS3 version.
BC2 slight difference maybe due to the military theme (sorry for the generalisation of a user base) + some prefer to play on Live + maybe even a few PS3 copies snagged by MAG.

soldat7 said:

k4c9sh.jpg

Ecotic

charlequin said:
What else are they going to call it, the "Funman"?
:lol, I don't know, I'm sure Sony can come up with something. But calling it the PSP2 would've been like naming the Wii the 'GameCube 2'. Some systems just don't leave a good legacy to carry on, even if they didn't outright fail.

Megadragon15 said:
Forgot today was NPD. Looks like the return of the status quo in hardware, but PS3 really sold a lot of software. Interesting.

They dropped their biggest guns really. GOW is the biggest Sony title in their catalogue bar Gran Tourismo and Final Fantasy has really been associated with Sony since before 1997. If I bought it, it would have been the PS3 version as opposed the the 360 one. Still, the game on the 360 kept a huge number of people not getting the PS3 version and or not getting a PS3 to play it so MS did the right thing for their business strategy.

I don't believe these PS3 hardware shortages are real. We've seen 3 years or so of the Wii/360/PS3 1st 2nd 3rd lineup so I can't imagine there being a change. It is just forum bait and attempted groundswell from Sony.

I'd love to know where both Metro 2033 and Just Cause 2 landed on the software sales charts. Even 11th place would be big numbers for any game.

soldat7 said:

2hdwokx.jpg

AdventureRacing said:
Oh shit, were posting in the PAL charts threads? I was meant to be posting in the monthly NPD thread, my bad.
The fuck are you talking about? Do you even read the posts or do you just look randomly at one to jump on? That was a response to the claim that sim racers were dead...

beelzebozo said:
hey emcee, is that species of monkey one of the ones experiencing shortages? like a spotted owl?

GIBBONS ARE A LESSER APE, NOT A MONKEY

and yes they are experiencing shortages like most non-human apes because we are racist against them

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
EmCeeGramr said:
GIBBONS ARE A LESSER APE, NOT A MONKEY

and yes they are experiencing shortages like most non-human apes because we are racist against them

i'll give you $100 for every one you can find in the wild. you just can't find them, not even in treetops.

Top Bottom