• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for March 2010

sillymonkey321 said:
Red Steel 2 got plenty of advertisement. It's never enough for some games. I remember PS3 fans harping on Uncharted 2 for not having enough ads....

Well, let me put it this way.
Carnival Games, which everyone gripes on for being a multimillion seller on the Wii, got ads on dozens of channels for YEARS!
Red Steel 2, got ads on 5 channels tops for weeks...

Evlar

Banned
cakefoo said:
Entering my zip on Target.com right now, 7 of the 10 closest stores are oos; 1 has low stock; only 2 are well-stocked.

But shortage, shmortage ;)
120gig is currently out of stock in 8 out of 12 Chicago stores.

Metalmurphy said:
The fuck are you talking about? Do you even read the posts or do you just look randomly at one to jump on? That was a response to the claim that sim racers were dead...

Do you read the posts you're replying to? That whole conversation was started by me you twat.

No one was saying sim racers were dead, only that they have experienced a large decline in the US which they have.

You than brought up how well forza 3 is selling in the UK which had absolutely no relevance to the discussion at all.

So if you are going to call someone out at least know what the fuck you're talking about.

Son of Godzilla said:
I'm convinced that releasing big-title games in the spring is moronic. Every single title sans Bioshock 2 and BC2 underperformed. It might work for Pokemon, but FF13 deserved better.

Aliens vs. Predator
Darksiders
Heavy Rain
Mass Effect 2

certainly didn't underperform, unless you had ridiculous expectations. How could FFXIII have possibly done better? It's significantly outpacing the first and last FF's from last generation in the US.

Evlar said:
Haven't you heard in the US? You're supposed to read every sentence in an NPD thread as though it ended with the words "in the US" in the US. Any mention of sales in any other territory is subject to derision in the US. Now don't you feel foolish in the US?

Well when the discussion is purely about a games selling potential in the US than yes it is stupid to bring up other territories.

Kusagari

Son of Godzilla said:
I'm convinced that releasing big-title games in the spring is moronic. Every single title sans Bioshock 2 and BC2 underperformed. It might work for Pokemon, but FF13 deserved better.

What the hell did you expect from FF13? It selling 1.3 million beats almost every expectation people had for it.

dolemite

shagg_187 said:
Month of the PS3!

Goes to show that RPG fans own PS3 while FPS fans own 360 since the 360/PS3 sales of BF:BC2 and FFXIII are polar opposites...
Final Fantasy fans own PS3, while all the other JRPGs struggle to sell on any console.

Azerach

Banned
07-minister.jpg

"There is no shortage of PS3's!"

Evlar

Banned
AdventureRacing said:
Well when the discussion is purely about a games selling potential in the US than yes it is stupid to bring up other territories.
This is your first post in the thread:
AdventureRacing said:
The shortages are really going to hurt sony down the line. The start of the year was when they had the best chance to outsell the 360. Now for the rest of the year MS still has a bunch of high profile exclusives, a potential price drop, possible 360 slim and natal to launch. I think the 360 is going to outsell the PS3 by a considerable margin for the rest of the year (it may lose 1 or 2 months i mean in total sales).

Is this really a certainty? I have no doubt that GT5 will sell more than any other PS3 game in Europe but will it do the same in the US? I think there is an extremely high chance it will debut lower than GOWIII.
Is it purely about game selling potential in the US when you mention Europe? (And did you start this discussion when your first post is a quote of someone else mentioning GT5?)

Totally off topic but does anyone know when Sony publishes their fourth quarter/yearly sales report?

Just wondering if they've hit their sales goal of 13M for 09.

JaxJag

Banned
500k sales for FFXIII on the 360 isn't bad, especially for a JRPG. It'll reach over a million WW.

And lol @ twitter feeds reporting how large of a ratio the PS3 version of FFXIII outsold the 360 version instead of just reporting the overall sales of the game and being happy it sold well.

System wars are entertaining I guess.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
I'm guessing the reason why HeartGold & SoulSilver are selling like Diamond & Pearl despite being remakes is because most of the people buying it are the kids who got into the series with Gen IV, so the games are actually new for them.

Still, wow. Pokémon's fad is certainly a long-lasting one.

EDIT: Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't FFXII released towards the end of October? The fact that FFXIII's PS3 sales match those is actually not very reassuring, if that's the case.

Regulus Tera said:
I'm guessing the reason why HeartGold & SoulSilver are selling like Diamond & Pearl despite being remakes is because most of the people buying it are the kids who got into the series with Gen IV, so the games are actually new for them.

10 years from release to remake is not an unreasonable amount of time, considering the games are popular with 12 year olds, who were 2 when the first was released.

I look forward to the ruby/saphire remakes in 2013.

Mooreberg

is sharpening a shovel and digging a ditch
JaxJag said:
500k sales for FFXIII on the 360 isn't bad, especially for a JRPG. It'll reach over a million WW.

And lol @ twitter feeds reporting how large of a ratio the PS3 version of FFXIII outsold the 360 version instead of just reporting the overall sales of the game and being happy it sold well.

System wars are entertaining I guess.

Bad taste knows no console loyalty!

*bails out*

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Regulus Tera said:

EDIT: Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't FFXII released towards the end of October? The fact that FFXIII's PS3 sales match those is actually not very reassuring, if that's the case.

October 31.

dolemite

pharmboy044 said:
Totally off topic but does anyone know when Sony publishes their fourth quarter/yearly sales report?

Just wondering if they've hit their sales goal of 13M for 09.
For the last quarter, they sold about 1 million units in the US and 0.5 million in Japan. They should have no trouble selling another million in the PAL region to bring the total to 13 million.

Evlar said:
This is your first post in the thread:

Is it purely about game selling potential in the US when you mention Europe? (And did you start this discussion when your first post is a quote of someone else mentioning GT5?)

Parsing that sentence, the poster in question was implying that if you ignore the historically high sales of GT in Europe, the certainty of it outselling God oF War 3 becomes a little hazier. He wasn't dragging Europe into the conversation so much as he was trying to filter it out.

fernoca

shagg_187 said:
Month of the PS3!

Goes to show that RPG fans own PS3 while FPS fans own 360 since the 360/PS3 sales of BF:BC2 and FFXIII are polar opposites....
Yeah..
Final Fantasy XIII is the top selling JRPG on PS3 and on 360.

If anything, Final Fantasy fans own PS3...
the same genre in both consoles is still outsold by FPS and sport games....

EDIT:
Beaten by dolemite, still.. ;p

Sho_Nuff82 said:
Parsing that sentence, the poster in question was implying that if you ignore the historically high sales of GT in Europe, the certainty of it outselling God oF War 3 becomes a little hazier. He wasn't dragging Europe into the conversation so much as he was trying to filter it out.

Truespeed

Lagspike_exe said:
The difference between FF on PS3 and 360 is almost exaclty like the difference between BC2 on PS3 and 360, just vice-versa.

You can't be serious, right? Did you even read any of the comparison reviews of BC2 on DF or LOT? Or do you just like making shit up? Probably the silliest and most uninformed post in this thread.

cakefoo said:
Entering my zip on Target.com right now, 7 of the 10 closest stores are oos; 1 has low stock; only 2 are well-stocked.

But shortage, shmortage ;)
omg its a sony shill defending the shortage! shock! awe!

Jeels

Truespeed said:
You can't be serious, right? Did you even read any of the comparison reviews of BC2 on DF or LOT? Or do you just like making shit up? Probably the silliest and most uninformed post in this thread.

He's talking about the sales. :lol

Top Bottom