• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for March 2014 [Up4: FFX/X-2 HD]

Principate

Saint Titanfall
It got one in Europe (well, a small one, but still a bounce). America sales are spectacularly low. 2k a week (!!), I don't have numbers, but I would not be surprised to learn than it sells more than that this days in UK or France with the Football Manager or FFX/X-2 bundles.

Eh I highly doubt that. France Sales were god awful last year, and those countries in general move less hardware than the US.

Wow at titanfall sales, it really could be next be next big thing for casuals. No way the sequel doesnt release for ps4, that would be like ms paying to have cod not release on ps4

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible

360 didn't really have any big hitters by that point though did it? I think Forza, Gears and Bioshock weren't until late 06 or early 07 iirc.

Yeah, but judging from those numbers, it's 1.7M X360 shipped first quarter versus 1.1M X1 shipped first quarter. Considering that most of those Xbox 360 units weren't stockpiling up on store shelves, is it safe to assume the X1 is lagging behind the X360 same time span?

America really loves Nintendo home consoles, huh? The NES happened and the rest is history. Every single time: N64, Gamecube (2/3 of their sales were from NA, or something like that), even the OG Wii... I'm not saying that the Wii U sales aren't horrible, but it's probably doing better than in anywhere else?

America is the biggest market country wise, we have a huge population, so I suppose that explains why we buy the most Ninty consoles. That's my guess.

That said, it's doing horribly here, it's fairly irrelevant to the casual crowd that helped make the Wii such a huge success.

Stores in my area usually have a small corner for WiiU software, and it's often mixed in with Wii merchandise.

Valkyria

Banned
It got one in Europe (well, a small one, but still a bounce). America sales are spectacularly low. 2k a week (!!), I don't have numbers, but I would not be surprised to learn than it sells more than that this days in UK or France with the Football Manager or FFX/X-2 bundles.

I would almost bet that Vita is selling better monthly in Spain than in the USA right now.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I find it amazing how quickly this industry changes.

Last time around, Nintendo makes the decision to go with cheaper, last-gen hardware and is rewarded greatly for it.

This time around, Nintendo makes the same decision to go with cheaper, last-gen hardware and the public greatly rejects the move.

liger05

Last time around, Nintendo makes the decision to go with cheaper, last-gen hardware and is rewarded greatly for it.

This time around, Nintendo makes the same decision to go with cheaper, last-gen hardware and the public greatly rejects the move.

Wiimote and Wii Sports vs Nintendoland & A big tablet style controller.

Plus the Wii U wasnt sold to consumers much cheaper than the PS4 was.

reKon

Banned
Wait so for FFX remaster its close to 1 million in sales worldwide? I'm eventually going to buy a visa just for that game, but I really would love to have everything FFXII on it..

Hydrargyrus

Destiny exclusive PS4 promotion and bundle is going to do so much damage.

I think the same.

Seeing the MGS ratio at 3:1 for PS4, it looks like each highly anticipated multiplatform game has become a weapon for PS4 by the look of the sales.

And, in the Destiny's case, that it's gonna be promoted with PS4, this is going to be even bigger.

Cmagus

70% drop off for the Vita? Ouch, that's awful. This thing is as good as dead.

Right now but I wouldn't be surprised if at some point Sony does the PS4/Vita bundle which can very quickly bring it back from the dead. A $499.99 bundle with both of those together would see pretty well I would imagine. They just need to get it into people hands and in all honesty it really does go well with a PS4 the two together are really nice.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Wiimote and Wii Sports vs Nintendoland & A big tablet style controller.

Plus the Wii U wasnt sold to consumers much cheaper than the PS4 was.

So is this the direction they go next? Or do they go with more power than PS4 and a return to the wiimote-only?

reKon

Banned
There's some positive spin for the Wii U. lol

Nothing positive at all to say for the Vita. It got beat by the fucking Wii!! The WII!!! Come on now

Did you just skim over posts made in this thread and on this very page...? Stores are emptying stock for the new Vita models that are suppose to be arriving in a month..

Right now but I wouldn't be surprised if at some point Sony does the PS4/Vita bundle which can very quickly bring it back from the dead. A $499.99 bundle with both of those together would see pretty well I would imagine. They just need to get it into people hands and in all honesty it really does go well with a PS4 the two together are really nice.

Very, very doubtful that Sony would ever do that. They had a chance to bundle the Vita with the PS3 and never did it. Why would they do it now? I don't think there is any possible way to get Vita sales up, even with a massive price drop.

Isnt the Vita recalled at stores?

I had a friend who wanted to buy a Vita a few weeks ago but was told that the OLED has been recalled and told him to come back a few weeks later for the Borderlands+Vita 2k bundle.

Yeah, but it's going to be treated like COD was with Xbox last generation.

Is there exclusive content for the PS4? That's how COD was so successful on the 360 last gen. They got exclusive maps, got dlc first, etc. If Activision does that for Destiny, then yeah, it should be the go-to console for the game.

Kimppis

America is the biggest market country wise, we have a huge population, so I suppose that explains why we buy the most Ninty consoles. That's my guess.

That said, it's doing horribly here, it's fairly irrelevant to the casual crowd that helped make the Wii such a huge success.

Stores in my area usually have a small corner for WiiU software, and it's often mixed in with Wii merchandise.

Sure, but if you look at the N64 and Gamecube especially, you'll notice that they sold better in NA, relatively too. The N64 flopped in Japan (I think the Saturn sold more units) and the PS1 totally dominated in Europe. During the PS2 gen, the GC sold 12m in NA and only 4,7m in Europe (according to Wikipedia). I guess the NES was revolutionary in the US, whereas in Europe, for instance, it wasn't that big at all.

liger05

So is this the direction they go next? Or do they go with more power than PS4 and a return to the wiimote-only?

I dont think its just about getting a more powerful console out than the PS4. There needs to be a real change on how Nintendo approach designing consoles. If they dont talk to third party developers to get an idea of what they want then there is no point.

FireCloud

And The Last of Us Remaster and possibly GTA V will help it during the summer.

I held off on GTAV in anticipation of it coming to PS4. Glad I waited. I wonder how many PS3 and 360 owners took that gamble?

Having already finished TLoU, I haven't decided if I'll get it on the PS4. Maybe eventually but not anywhere near full price (and I loved it on PS3) Now if it was a Heavenly Sword remake... ;-)

Isnt the Vita recalled at stores?

I had a friend who wanted to buy a Vita a few weeks ago but was told that the OLED has been recalled and told him to come back a few weeks later for the Borderlands+Vita 2k bundle.

The retailer I used to work at sold what they have left, and are waiting for the bundles.

Zalman

I don't think the Wii U is failing because of that. At first it was the unclear marketing and lack of compelling software early on. Now it's mostly the bad rep and all the doom talk online. People don't want it because it has become "the joke of the industry." Either that or it's totally ignored in the conversations. It's always "PS4 vs Xbox One."

It's a shame, because the console actually has some great things going for it. People just don't care at this point. Not (just) because it's cheaper and less powerful, but because they don't want to buy a failing product.

Feorax

Is there exclusive content for the PS4? That's how COD was so successful on the 360 last gen. They got exclusive maps, got dlc first, etc. If Activision does that for Destiny, then yeah, it should be the go-to console for the game.

I'm fairly sure there is. Probably just timed though. It will almost certainly be the COD model of exclusive content. It is Activision after all.

Top Bottom