• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results For November 2010 [Update 6: PSP, PS2, Move Games]

lawblob said:
His best friend is a chubby, self deprecating janitor, with a VERY sassy and opinionated wife.

Episode 7 is very special, Butler helps him overcome his diabetes with Move exercise games.

You're hired!!

But I get head writer credit.

;D

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Darkgran said:
ProjectedConsoleChart_v1_460x323.gif

Almost there Sony....Almost there.

Somebody bring out the chart where the Wii ownership actually decreases from one year to the next. That was my favorite.

Edit: Beaten while typing :lol

farnham

Banned
nintendo really should make a donkey kong arcade remake. like donkey kong 94 but with new graphics on the ds or the wii.. not npd related but man after playing pacman ce2 i really want that.

CozMick

Banned
TheListener said:
GT5 = 1 Platform. NFS = all platforms?

STOP!

Using logic in this thread is prohibited.

GT5 didn't only have 3 days with no advertising.

And NFS IS only on one platform.

:lol

Good to see Donkey Kong Country Returns doing well...very much deserved and I hope it continues to sell well.

And are the GT5 numbers really that surprising for the US? And from what I’ve played of it it deserves that spot.

Stumpokapow said:
This is as silly as when people try to marginalize Wii Play on account of the fact that "it's a game bundled with a controller! Of course it sold well!" You don't get to point out your competitors successes and say "Those don't count. We could have done those!"

The figures are what they are. If it's that easy for Nintendo to magically double their sales by "re-launching" or changing their form factor, why can't they do it or why haven't they done it?
Lol.
I own all consoles, handhelds, mac, a pc. I hold no favour. And like I said I play the others more than wii, plus sales mean nothing when you give up fanboy status. Only here to say, it ain't that big of a deal.
And why haven't nintendo done it? They've had the two fastest selling games devices. Why would they need to.
Microsoft need to and did, nintendo did nothing, absolute square root of nothing and is keeping up.

Lonely1

Unconfirmed Member
CozMick said:
STOP!

- And Ps3 didn't sold less than half than everyone else.

Paracelsus

2 Minutes Turkish said:
Fixed that for slightly more accuracy.

No matter what Sony tries to sell, nothing has moved its hardware like the pricing. Sony has lots of games next year, you can bet they won't sell unless they pricecut first.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
CozMick said:
STOP!

What? There were Gran Turismo 5 ads in ESPN magazine for a couple months before the release date.

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
CozMick said:
STOP!

Aren't you tired with all these excuses? It had Black Friday.

Take GT4 numbers again

GT4 February 22, 2005 - 620k

A.R.K

Boney said:
It is.

Who the fuck is buying this!

does MS fucking go buy their own games in bulk from retailers or what? its disgusting when crap like this sell and quality games struggle...I have to salute the xbox community though, they fucking buy every piece of crap that comes out on the 360 no matter the quality...thats loyalty!

UraMallas

Ushojax said:
Not bad at all for such a terrible mess of a game. I guess people really liked Fable 2. Amazing that's it's beaten DKCR, GT5 and NFS.
Fable III is probably my favorite of the lot and I'm a big fan of 1 and 2.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
DefectiveReject said:
And why haven't nintendo done it? They've had the two fastest selling games devices. Why would they need to.
Microsoft need to and did, nintendo did nothing, absolute square root of nothing and is keeping up.

Nintendo is down YOY. Why on earth would they wait until they're losing to act? You're proposing that "rest on your laurels" is a good business strategy.

Empty

01. Call of Duty: Black Ops (360, PS3, Wii, PC, NDS) ACTIVISION BLIZZARD ** - 8.4 Million
02. Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood (360, PS3) UBISOFT **
03. Just Dance 2 (Wii) UBISOFT
04. Madden NFL 11 (360, PS3, Wii, PS2, PSP) ELECTRONIC ARTS

05. Fable III (360) MICROSOFT**
06. Donkey Kong Country Returns (Wii) NINTENDO
07. Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit (PS3, 360, Wii, PC) ELECTRONIC ARTS
08. Gran Turismo 5 (PS3) SONY**
09. NBA 2K11 (360, PS3, Wii, PS2, PSP,PC) TAKE 2 INTERACTIVE
10. Wii Fit Plus (Wii) NINTENDO**

Lesson to publishers from consumers: yeah baby. yearly sequels. fuck yeah

i'm still trying to wrap my head around how well fable iii is doing. it's weird.

In 5 GH games we have seen the revival, peak and fall of the music genre.
5 CoD games in (counting from 4 MW) and one might say the FPS genre still hasn't peaked yet.

DMeisterJ

Banned
CozMick said:
STOP!

Why are you defending GT5 sales? We don't even know the numeric value of what it did yet, so let's hold the excuses until then.

Dragon

Banned
Chris1964 said:
Aren't you tired with all these excuses? It had Black Friday.

Take GT4 numbers again

GT4 February 22, 2005 - 620k

Yeah uh, the PS3 isn't the PS2. That's clear is it not?

Plinko

Empty said:

01. Call of Duty: Black Ops (360, PS3, Wii, PC, NDS) ACTIVISION BLIZZARD ** - 8.4 Million

i'm still trying to wrap my head around how well fable iii is doing. it's weird.

Even the ones you didn't highlight are still sequels, just not yearly :lol

CozMick

Banned
Lonely1 said:
- And Ps3 didn't sold less than half than everyone else.

Fuck PS3 sales, I only need 1, well maybe 15 sales WW with all of them playing GT5 online. :lol

But c'mon, comparing sales of a game on 4 platforms with 2 weeks(?) of sales to a game on 1 platform with 3 days of sales is just plain stupid.

Glix

Stumpokapow said:
Nintendo is down YOY. Why on earth would they wait until they're losing to act? You're proposing that "rest on your laurels" is a good business strategy.

It's funny, I work for a company that believes in this strategy (not video game related) :(

I wonder how WOW:CATA is gonna do next month...

A.R.K said:
does MS fucking go buy their own games in bulk from retailers or what? its disgusting when crap like this sell and quality games struggle...I have to salute the xbox community though, they fucking buy every piece of crap that comes out on the 360 no matter the quality...thats loyalty!

Wow. What a disgraceful swipe at an entire userbase. Feels like the good old days.

clashfan

DefectiveReject said:
Lol.
I own all consoles, handhelds, mac, a pc. I hold no favour. And like I said I play the others more than wii, plus sales mean nothing when you give up fanboy status. Only here to say, it ain't that big of a deal.

I'm really not sure what is the argument you are making?

beat

ICallItFutile said:
idg-chartpredictions.jpg

Never forget.
Can someone put the real numbers either overlaid or side-by-side?

Souldriver said:
I think the chart where the Wii sells negative numbers at the end of its life is still the awesomeremest one of them all. :lol
I assume they meant that near the end of life, that owners would be putting them away in the closet or something. If it's not actively used, can you really count it as part of the installed base?

Empty said:
New franchises are more likely to be launched early in a console lifecycle.

Ashes

Banned
Empty said:

You mean go multiplatform?
ps. name a yearly sequel that isn't multiplatform....

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
A.R.K said:

The amount of dumb damage control in this thread is hilarious.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
A.R.K said:

don't post in the thread again.

Averon

In any case, I can see Sony holding onto the $299 price until Fall of 2011. 2008 and most of 2009 showed us that Sony is more than willing and able to let the PS3 sell like crap for months on end until they can get manufacturing costs down to afford a price cut. Kaz and Stringer will not allow SCE to profusely bleed money again, especially after they've finally reaching profitability last year.

A.R.K said:
I sense so much anger in this post.

Plinko

beat said:
I assume they meant that near the end of life, that owners would be putting them away in the closet or something. If it's not actively used, can you really count it as part of the installed base?

These sales charts are more for investors and the companies themselves, so, yes, they can count it as part of the installed base.

Pimpbaa

Empty said:

Hot Pursuit is not a yearly sequel. Although I wouldn't mind as long as it was the quality of the current game.

Top Bottom