• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for November 2014 [Up3: NPD Data Error, AC:U #5]

TheTwelve

I think Sony keeps things as they are, bundles galore because they have the software to do so in the first part of 2015, then pricedrop only when X1 gets their heavy hitters in 2015.

vpance

$249 XB1 + 2 games + 1 year free XBL + Vita.

Black Friday 2015 will be beastly.

The deals will be so amazing and renowned that they'll sell 90% of their consoles in primetime, handily beating PS4 2:1 YTD. MS is playing chess, not checkers.

GamerJM

Banned
So everybody is just speculating at the moment and nobody knows which of these two pie charts is true?

Meh, I'll come back when there are real numbers.

No, black is definitely the November sales. Blue is LTD though personally I think it's 360/Wii/PS3 and not PS4/Xbox One/Wii U, though I'm not really sure on that one.

Doukou

So everybody is just speculating at the moment and nobody knows which of these two pie charts is true?

We know MS sold 1.2mil and Wii U 240k, only Sony is speculation.
Both Pie charts are true, white is LTD and Black is Nov.

jXOOi03z4bWML.png

jAWP4G0Rn3xcl.png

Pages 47 and 53
All I see are stick figure crotches. Or butts.

MaulerX

It is not a firesale though. It is a 50 dollars price reduction after a year, with limited 70 dollar sales on certain days in limited quantities at certain retailers, with typical holliday game bundles in the mix.

Removing Kinect and selling the console at 100 dollars less does not equate to a 100 dollar discount. Despite any greivances people have with Kinect, that hardware is not cheap. And these claims of MS taking a substantial loss on the XOne holliday deals seems to be assumed, and not substantiated.

Agreed. Removing Kinect and selling it separately for $150 is not a price drop. They just created a Kinectless SKU that quite frankly should have been there from the get go.

Vestal

Black Pie is November. White is LTD.

You can get pretty close to solid numbers with the info we have.

We have WII U numbers and that Xbox 1 was #1 in November.

Patapwn

When Sony drops the price I think it'll be $100. This will force MS in an awkward position if they keep xbone at $350. Although, people are saying money doesn't matter to them so they could just drop it it $250 I guess...

Patapwn

The deals will be so amazing and renowned that they'll sell 90% of their consoles in primetime, handily beating PS4 2:1 YTD. MS is playing chess, not checkers.

Dropping price is a pretty simple move. I would classify that as playing checkers

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
I have a feeling the Xbox One manufacturing costs aren't as high as many think. Sony was selling the PS3 at a $120 - $200 loss for more than two years and I don't remember people giving them **** for that.
Attempting to bypass a perm with a dummy account? For shame.

Korigama

Seriously, though. I'm glad everyone else is enjoying the new consoles, but I still don't see anything I want from them that I can't get from either last-gen or from portables. I'm sure that'll change eventually, but until it does, I'm in no rush.

....Isn't this the month 360 overtook Wii? That should be the case then, shouldn't it? They're neck-and-neck LTD.

yeah, but there's a pretty clear difference between the two larger segments, which lines up with the PS4/XB1/Wii U LTDs and wouldn't make any sense for 360/Wii (cause otherwise they would be the same size, you do realize both are roughly 42m right)

MaulerX

When Sony drops the price I think it'll be $100. This will force MS in an awkward position if they keep xbone at $350. Although, people are saying money doesn't matter to them so they could just drop it it $250 I guess...

Maybe that's what MS wants. Then 6 months later swoop in and buy Sony for going bankrupt.

Kayant

Well not exactly we know one is LTD and people have worked it out from there. The blue/white one btw(Click the original image), black one is november if am not mistaken.

Attempting to bypass a perm with a dummy account? For shame.

Damn loool

hatchx

Banned
240k for WiiU is just.....it's just horrible. Especially seeing the Xbox One sell a million more units than it (wait does that mean X1 sold more in one month than WiiU all year?).

I am actually shocked how out-of-line my gaming tastes are with the public.

Mohonky

240k for WiiU is just.....it's just horrible. Especially seeing the Xbox One sell a million more units than it (wait does that mean X1 sold more in one month than WiiU all year?).

I am actually shocked how out-of-line my gaming tastes are with the public.

Generation differences and all that. I'm willing to wager a lot of Wii U owners belong to an older gaming demographic.

MaulerX

actually the first cream post today hinted that 360 has overtaken wii this month

We might have gotten to the bottom of it. We know the white pie chart is LTD sales but not exactly for what. Maybe it's tthe 360 finally edging out the Wii. Ratios make perfect sense.

Mory Dunz

515k for 3DS?

Hm, really bad.
They can only hope some people are waiting for the n3DS. Still not sure why they couldn't try to release it everywhere before christmas. Oh well...

HORRORSHØW

lol...i knew it was jleack but didn't know his primary account was perma-ed
lol really? sad.

--

and damn. congrats to MS. i step out with cboat news and come back to see him banned (rightfully so, imo). 400K is huge. i had MS winning by 200K and i thought i was being generous. 2015 should be an exciting year all around. game on.

and damn. my original prediction was before i changed it:
Grimløck;140896363 said:
[360] 75K
[3DS] 110K
[PS3] 50K
[PS4] 950K
[WIU] 250K
[XB1] 1200K

Top Bottom