• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for November 2014 [Up3: NPD Data Error, AC:U #5]

RoKKeR

It's black, so that's nice. I'll hook it up this weekend when I have some time. First Ninty system since my GameCube was stolen years ago.
Hmm.

I have to think that somehow, someway the handle makes the GameCube the most steal-able console.

Checking out for the night, thanks to cream for keeping these threads wild and fun as hell.

Killer

Banned
I don't think the gap people talked about was ever really the US gap lol. It's the WW gap that is likely 6-7m at this point that is being talked about.

Fact really is if you take the X1 out of it the PS4 had an amazing November. They were just beat by MS throwing the kitchen sink in with their discounted system. I mean hell if the US split is right and the 850k in the US was around 37% if the PS4 sales it sold around 2.5 million units WW in November. Could easily have a 20m shipped type announcement by the end of the year.

Reading the doom in here about Sony is pretty funny. 2015 is going to blow 2014 out of the water software wise. The sales will stay strong throughout the year. Can MS keep up this type of momentum especially with a $299 PS4 coming down the pipe around E3?

It's NPD thread so i bet everyone meant in the US. MS does have a hard time selling the console outside of US and UK.

C4Lukins

Every time I hear the words "competition is good," it makes me want to bash my head in with a toilet bowl cover.

Competition doesn't matter, as long as the end-user product is good.

Yeah I said it

You do not have a contraversial opinion there about us still wanting the best end user experience. But competition tends to perpetuate a better end game.

For example, without MS, would Sony have built such a powerful machine in order to compete? Would their online infrastructure be anywhere close to where it is if Nintendo was there only competitor?

Would we have trophys, and achievements. Would avatars exist without Mii's? Would indie games be thriving on consoles without XBLA?

There is no way to tell, but we cannot dismiss the innovations of the big three and assume that the massive feature sets of each console would currently exist without competition.

TI82

Banned
What can they really say besides they're dominating Worldwide.

"We threw them a bone this month lets see what they can do with it"

020_1.gif

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
Why was CBOAT banned? And what do people mean by him "tricking" Sony?

big_z

Can MS keep up this type of momentum especially with a $299 PS4 coming down the pipe around E3?

that's not going to happen. sony has said theyre stuck at their price because they cant afford to go lower, their financial situation doesn't allow it. they only way they'll be able to maintain profit margins is if they announce a cheaper redesign which I think is a year too soon for.

Nintendo fucked up by not dropping the price. $50-$100 off just for black Friday weekend would have doubled their sales number at least.

EDIT: is xbox one now market leader in the US?

RexNovis

Banned
How do you like it? I played mine for about an hour and determined it's not for me after trying 3D world and Mario Kart 8. I was trying to jump back in to my first Nintendo system since the n64.

You're the first person I've met that also didn't care for those games.

Me three. Smash is legit but MK8 just felt like such a massive disappointment. I'm not even sure why. I played each cup through once and haven't touched it since. I found myself completely apathetic with 3D world as well. As it is Smash and Pikmin are the only games I've played with any regularity on the system. Kinda regretting my purchase at this point.

FourMyle

I think its definitely right that Nintendo skews older than their competitors, and I think they have done that for a long time (even during their most kiddy/casual years during the Wii), however, calling them "nostalgic gamers" makes it sound like it is some irrational feeling and all about reliving that youth - when in fact their games have the highest quality and the most quality-conscious consumers might be a just as good description.

Anyways, congrats to MS, glad to see they get sales out of their efforts. Very sorry to see how terrible the Wii U is selling though :(

The autofellatio in this post is almost palpable, and it disgusts me.

SighFight

Every time I hear the words "competition is good," it makes me want to bash my head in with a toilet bowl cover.

Competition doesn't matter, as long as the end-user product is good.

Yeah I said it

You mean being able to buy a product 30%+ cheaper due to competition is not a good thing for a consumer? I'd say the last year was a prime example how we as consumers can Profit from competition. Lower Prices for the same products.

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
Microsoft can keep this momentum up. Scream Rider and Fable Legends will be GOTY and keep them afloat and ahead until Q4 2015 where the exclusives can reign.

I actually don't mind Microsoft's tactic of only focusing on Q4 and forgetting the other 9 months. I think it makes sense if a bit cynical. It isn't helping the gamer as much as Johnny Casual. I just wish they'd actually do it in a way that made them money. Competition and different tactics is healthy but not while it's just buying your way in with daddy's money. Also, every console sold is a sale for Assassin's Creed Unity which is a bad thing that we all can agree on.

Biker19

Banned
Competition really has lost its meaning.

I agree. Also, too many people think that competition equals sales parity when it's really not.

There's never been a generation where sales are equal between consoles at all (except for 360 & PS3), & this generation will be no different.

Purest 78

that's not going to happen. sony has said theyre stuck at their price because they cant afford to go lower, their financial situation doesn't allow it. they only way they'll be able to maintain profit margins is if they announce a cheaper redesign which I think is a year too soon for.

Are people really serious with this sony price drop stuff. Sony is absolutely dominating worldwide,I'm certain they've surpassed their 1st year goals. They had no reason what so ever to drop prices to win November. From the numbers we have they still sold over 800k.

Me three. Smash is legit but MK8 just felt like such a massive disappointment. I'm not even sure why. I played each cup through once and haven't touched it since. I found myself completely apathetic with 3D world as well. As it is Smash and Pikmin are the only games I've played with any regularity on the system. Kinda regretting my purchase at this point.

Well if you are still in your return period you could return it. That's what I plan on doing if I can't sell it. It kind of sucks because I bought a bunch of games and controllers without playing it, so now I have a bunch of unopened stuff that I went around to different stores trying to get that I have to return if I don't sell it.

ez3c

Neo Member
Kinda new to the npd data. Are the numbers us only or are they global sales? Can Sony still make up some ground taking into account worldwide sales or is the November race over

omonimo

Banned
Good Lord the MS statement. Jeez and people it's surprise if someone hoped they never win a npd. I mean, it seems they won the whole console war reading it. The best line up, the best place to play. Lol.

RedAssedApe

Banned
Kinda new to the npd data. Are the numbers us only or are they global sales? Can Sony still make up some ground taking into account worldwide sales or is the November race over

npd is us only. sony is still winning by a pretty good margin worldwide

TechnicPuppet

Nothing! I said nothing!
Microsoft can keep this momentum up. Scream Rider and Fable Legends will be GOTY and keep them afloat and ahead until Q4 2015 where the exclusives can reign.

I actually don't mind Microsoft's tactic of only focusing on Q4 and forgetting the other 9 months. I think it makes sense if a bit cynical. It isn't helping the gamer as much as Johnny Casual. I just wish they'd actually do it in a way that made them money. Competition and different tactics is healthy but not while it's just buying your way in with daddy's money. Also, every console sold is a sale for Assassin's Creed Unity which is a bad thing that we all can agree on.

Didn't Sony lose money on every PS3 for ages and still lower the price?

Top Bottom