• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for November 2014 [Up3: NPD Data Error, AC:U #5]

blakep267

Trust the Amazon guys. It's hardly a perfect barometer but it hasn't failed us yet. For this month the ps4 is getting crushed. *whispers* trust it*whispers*

Not their games division, they are in the red I bet due to the massive discounts they have to give out and free games.

Yeah, I wonder how much more in the red are they.

They were definitely already losing money on launch per console, sinking ~$100 (price drop + games) more loss for 1.2 million sales makes it even worse.

As far as I'm concerned, the XB1 has been teetering on going full Dreamcast if the momentum didn't change. I think it was a pretty wise move to for Microsoft to spend capital on changing that momentum.
Eh? EH? No padre, that was never going to be the case. You might be confusing XBO with Wii U; that was trending with Dreamcast. Don't know if it still is.

I always, and still do, see the XBO like the N64 of this gen; virtually non-existent in any market that isn't the West, but able to solidly hold its own there, especially in NA. And of course, being the defacto console for certain genres (FPS, for example, or at least that's what it seems like)

With Playstation TV failing at USA retail, it certainly looks that way.
It's got a slick interface tho, Sony could advertise that.

Or just advertise it at all; haven't seen one ad for it. Very easy to forget it exists.

cool_dude

Banned
All I needed was to show Forza Horizon 2 multiplayer and custom livery designs to my cousins and they went to buy XB1s. Word of mouth will carry throughout the holiday season.

Megatron

They won Nov with a decent lead and they probably are favs for winning Dec now, but it wouldn't be a miracle or anything like it if Sony wins Dec.

Why mention the lead? Do you think it was a 400,000 unit lead after 2 weeks? Because that seems unlikely. They most likely built on that lead and made it even larger after that, so having a lead is irrelevant. If the Seahawks have a 10 point lead going into half time and then win by 20, would you say: yeah, they won by 20 but they had a decent lead?

Miles X

Not their games division, they are in the red I bet due to the massive discounts they have to give out and free games.

You know this how? The division made like $500m profit last Q. There is more than Xbox in that division.

Not that MS cares, making $6b bank every 3 months :p

Road

At launch though? I'll have to check but I'm not sure GT3 launched higher. But maybe, that's a good call out.

As far as wii + ... Yea I wasnt counting wii sports haha. That's less a limited bundle and more the standard sku itself

Well, at launch, certainly not. I don't know the monthly sales for the bundle, but PS2 only sold like 350k in july 2001. I just saw a figure years later where the GT3 bundle was over 850k.

malfcn

You realize they have more units in the back right? My Best Buy, at least during the holiday, will have at least 100+ of each system while only having so many in the front lockups

I realize they have more than what is in the case.
But if the case has less, it could be an indicator of selling more..they just haven't restocked it. Or, they are just restocking one better than the other.

curb

Banned
If that's true, then why not lower the price of Xbox One to $300? Why aren't they making tons of 1st party studios with their money?

Heck, if they have so much money why not go for the throat and drop it down to $99 and pack in 10 games.

Naminator

Banned
I don't get it, are people really that concerned about how much money MS lost/made with their bundle deals? Isn't MS like the second largest company in the whole world? Who cares if they lose some money to push console units.

Feels like it's just a subtle way of trying to diminish their victory in Nov NPD.

MS won't win December. Sales have dropped SHARPLY at my work and all locations in my city since Black Friday. Good on them for November though. That bundle was an insane deal, especially compared to what Sony and Nintendo were offering.

PhatSaqs

Banned
I don't get it, are people really that concerned about how much money MS lost/made with their bundle deals? Isn't MS like the second largest company in the whole world? Who cares if they lose some money to push console units.

Feels like it's just a subtle way of trying to diminish their victory in Nov NPD.
It is.

Curufinwe

It's finally sunk in.

Microsoft deletes their $150MSRP retail accessory (that's what they sell standalone Kinect for) out of their $500 SKU, sells it for $350 (makes sense, they deleted Kinect), throws in a couple games they pay way less than wholesale for, and convinces the world that they are giving the systems away.

Fucking genius.

$150 is not what a Kinect cost MS to make.

And they were selling the console for $330, with two Ubisoft games. They were taking big losses on these deals in order to gain market share.

Hey Aqua, maybe some tidbits on last gen? Info is becoming more and more scarce for those :(

I'll help out...in a random, erratic way spread out over a period of time.

To begin with, I'll say a number, and you can try to figure out what it means.

Or just watch closely for some phenomenon on an unspecified later date.

Are you ready?

All right, here we go.

wait, what?

I know it's completely anecdotal but it just seems like people have no interest at the current price. We've genuinely sold 0 copies at my work since December started because everyone is mad they missed put on the bundle. I'd like to be wrong though. It's good for competition if MS wins a couple of months in a row.

Welfare

MS won't win December. Sales have dropped SHARPLY at my work and all locations in my city since Black Friday. Good on them for November though. That bundle was an insane deal, especially compared to what Sony and Nintendo were offering.

Sales always drop after BF. Also Christmas is 2 weeks away. Sales will peak again.

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???

Are you ready?

All right, here we go.

Nintendo DS? :p

Xbox 360, oversold the Wii U ;.;

Anjin M

Can I have this in pie chart format please.

2D or 3D?

3vMU680.png

Mooreberg

is sharpening a shovel and digging a ditch

Are you ready?

All right, here we go.

post-53124-Chris-Farley-SNL-gay-beer-ad-g-OzQu.gif

Welfare

Even after 7,000 posts....the NPD thread is still young!

Plenty of time for stuff.

Speaking of which....

HOLY SHIT guys. The record for any NPD thread is 7,110 posts. We're about to shatter that record.

Mwahaha

Like a good 2000 of them though we have to thank cboat.

Are you ready?

All right, here we go.

fuck me, why did I move the 360 behind the Wii U

Never saw a NPD thread growing so fast. cboat brought chaos.

He really did, though.

Such a stupid idea....maybe someone deliberately sabotaged him?

That's the problem when you rely on others for sources instead of leaking things yourself...it's very, very easy to fake NPD data.

Top Bottom