• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for November 2014 [Up3: NPD Data Error, AC:U #5]

Vestal

I believe, given its performance in November, it will beat PS4 by 250k in December NPD.

MARK THIS POST NOW BROSEF.

It would be huge and a definitive turn of the tide. If Amazon is anything to go by, currently MS has 3 Xbox One consoles in the top 100, 0 for PS4.

I just want to watch the world burn really. These threads are too amazing lol.

RoKKeR

fuck yeah, death to cross gen games

*pitch forks rise in action*

CoD sales though...

Really interested to see how much cross-gem support there is next year.

I'm also hoping SE drops Tomb Raider 360 version... I don't fucking understand that at all.

Amir0x

Banned
Hah, so CBOAT was wrong. Well who would have guessed /s

Sometimes i think the 'insiders' on this website just like taking everyone for a ride with pretending to have info they don't actually have.

Again, good for MS, they brought the heat last month, them winning stands to reason

cboat indisputably had crazily accurate information up until about a year ago. The question is what happened after that.

People need to know the history of cboat. He deserved the ban for being taken and allowing GAF to go for a ride, but cboat did not get his reputation on thin air. There were dozens upon dozens of super accurate predictions from cboat going right back years and years and years from before Xbox 360 launch.

I sort of feel people like to do the piling on thing after someone is banned and can't defend themselves, but they often do it cruelly and without context. cboat was the king of insiders at one point due to his accuracy.

Takao

Banned
Was there no Xbox One version of Far Cry 4 or is that a typo? Well, I guess PS3 + XB1 could make up the remainder, but that seems really small.

Sony will be fine with their 2015 lineup. Especially with Bloodborne and The Order coming out when X1 has nothing coming

Wouldn't be surprised by a holiday 2015 price drop with Uncharted 4 coming out

Sony needs a drop to 349 starting in December and keep it take way till next November where it drops to 299, they will still make a profit even with 349

Toki767

cboat indisputably had crazily accurate information up until about a year ago. The question is what happened after that.

People need to know the history of cboat. He deserved the ban for being taken and allowing GAF to go for a ride, but cboat did not get his reputation on thin air. There were dozens upon dozens of super accurate predictions from cboat going right back years and years and years from before Xbox 360 launch.

I still think he meant 710k difference LTD but just led everyone to believe it was for November.

TI82

Banned
Was there no Xbox One version of Far Cry 4 or is that a typo?

jpg

Sony needs a drop to 349 starting in December and keep it take way till next November where it drops to 299, they will still make a profit even with 349

they won't drop the price before the fiscal year ends, and they will probably do it simultaneously for all regions except maybe china

e3 probably $299

That would be an overreaction on Sony's part. They should not do anything until the dust settles in January/February. Once they know what the situation is outside of the holidays, they can react appropriately. If it's a wash that they realistically have all the way till the Holidays of 2015 to plan unless MS makes a move first.

Gotta admit, the MS number is good. I'm kind of happy; means competition is real and neither company can really rest on their laurels for this gen.

That would be an overreaction on Sony's part. They should not do anything until the dust settles in January/February. Once they know what the situation is outside of the holidays, they can react appropriately. If it's a wash that they realistically have all the way till the Holidays of 2015 to plan unless MS makes a move first.

They're already got a bundle that gives you a free game of choice that came out super duper fast in December, and gift card offers abound as well. They're reacting about as much as I'd expect them to at this point in the year.

vin-buc

??? That's a $150 price reduction in 12 months on a product that sold appx. 850k at full price (the same price as last year). Does this approach seem logical to you?

vpance

It would be huge and a definitive turn of the tide. If Amazon is anything to go by, currently MS has 3 Xbox One consoles in the top 100, 0 for PS4.

I just want to watch the world burn really. These threads are too amazing lol.

Xbone Ass bundle is #1 on Amazon Dec monthly chart. Regular PS4 is at #40.

I sort of feel people like to do the piling on thing after someone is banned and can't defend themselves, but they often do it cruelly and without context. cboat was the king of insiders at one point due to his accuracy.

The inaccuracies started before that actually. It was right around Gamescom if I recall correctly.

You are only as reputable as your last prediction. There was no way an insider with access to this information could have been so far off with his estimates. It is funny how any people worship him on this forum.

RE_Player

Are people on crack about Sony needing too cut the price? They are still selling well and this holiday push by Microsoft is supposedly temporary.

Top Bottom