• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for November 2014 [Up3: NPD Data Error, AC:U #5]

Congrats to Microsoft. I hadn't been paying attention, but the Xbox One is starting to look like a value proposition now. I saw some bundle that was like Xbox One with FIFA 15, Forza Horizon 2, Halo MCC and an extra controller for £349. Pretty damn good.

PhatSaqs

Banned
with the gap in US closing because of competative bundles and pricing by MS. Is anyone taking into account all the good press from PSX for Sony in helping boost sales and momentum for December NPD?

I mean they even like what 13 thousand 20th anniversary PS4's in a matter of an hour or 2.

Can someone answer me this: does NPD count sales from first week of December?

Because I feel there would be a up-kick in sales coming off of PSX?
Using Amazon, which is batting 100 for the year right now, there was a small change after PSX with PS4 jumping up from the 40s to the 20s in hourlys but the AC bundle has remained in the top 10 for the most part.

Guymelef

To be "fair" Amazon can't compite selling stand alone PS4 at 399$ when Gamestop is selling GTA V/TLOU bundle + camera at same price.

So does this mean momentum for MS, or is it simply a bunch of opportunistic consumers jumping on a ludicrous deal while they can?

Considering the deals that were available, it's not surprising that MS was the top seller, but have these kinds of discounts after only a year on the market ever happened before? They must have been very desperate.

The Xbox One should have cost less than the PS4 since launch, given what was under the hood.

They probably can't afford to bundle Assassin's Creed all year round, but I could see them slipping in some first party titles to keep the numbers up.

nelchaar

Sony's "holiday bundle" is a PS4 with one free game for $399.
Microsoft's bundle is a Xbox One with two games for $349.
Sony's bundle is shit, compared to the MS bundle.

Completely agree. XB1 is definitely the better value for your dollar right now. Well done MS marketing. Can't imagine this would be possible without that huge cash security in billions that MS has. Sony cannot compete with that. It's gonna be a wild ride.

Game on.

cboat indisputably had crazily accurate information up until about a year ago. The question is what happened after that.

People need to know the history of cboat. He deserved the ban for being taken and allowing GAF to go for a ride, but cboat did not get his reputation on thin air. There were dozens upon dozens of super accurate predictions from cboat going right back years and years and years from before Xbox 360 launch.

I sort of feel people like to do the piling on thing after someone is banned and can't defend themselves, but they often do it cruelly and without context. cboat was the king of insiders at one point due to his accuracy.

While it's true he was accurate in the past, this past year has been terrible. With so many gaming fans, developers, journalists and executives coming to Gaf everyday for news, updates and discussion, you cannot have someone consistently giving out bad information. It makes the forum look bad. Just look at the first 30 pages or so. You can't risk that happening every time he makes a post. If you're going to post insider information, you can't just post something you hear or read, you have to make absolute, 100%, concrete proof that what you're going to say is true and this past year or so it doesn't seem like cboats done that.

Price sticker shock.

It's potent during holiday seasons.

People are looking for great deals.

MS has put out some incredible ones.

I'm not convinced Bloodborne has that system seller status, it's way too hardcore/niche.

The Order 1886 has a chance, but it is bereft of much hype and proper marketing.

Multiplats like TW3 and Evolve will carry the XB1 till E3, I would suspect.

Or simply that its the standard $400 PS4 SKU vs. the $349 X1 bundle with multiple games + 12 months of live included? lol

Busaiku

I think he told us about Q earlier and it was ~55k or so? Ic ant'f ind the post now the thread moves too fast XD

EDIT: was beaten, 48k. That's on the higher end of EO games sales, isn't it? (I know Persona Q isn't an EO game in name but I'd probably expect it to sell like one or maybe better)

Etrian Odyssey 4 was less than 15k, so this is spectacular for Etrian Odyssey.
Persona 4 Golden was also 34k, so this is better than that too.

At $50 for the bare minimum, following Black Friday week and Pokemon, I'm sure Atlus is ecstatic.

Papacheeks

Banned
Using Amazon, which is batting 100 for the year right now, there was a small change after PSX with PS4 jumping up from the 40s to the 20s in hourlys but the AC bundle has remained in the top 10 for the most part.

Also I'm seeing the bundle is not instock on amazon, it's being sold through third party. ANd is sitting at 475$ pirce tag, so that explains it.

Karsha

Sony should realize that people care more about price rather than bundles. If they bundled the ps4 just with last of us and sold it for 350$ it would have been far better

legend166

From a Microsoft long term strategy standpoint, I just can't see them happily selling a console at a loss to fight for parity with Sony. What's the point?

Hawk269

Like I said, if you're some newbie to GAF you can think that way. I however understand

1. Human error
2. Things change
3. Once good sources can turn bad

Cboat was the king of all insiders right up until and a bit after XBO unveiling. Then things went awry, so it's been a little over a year now. I agree given his recent track record there's no longer any reason to take his statements at face value, but I also find it a bit distasteful people just pick him apart like crows now that his source came apart for a year. We all wanted his information greedily when it was right, and then suddenly we hate him when his source goes sour.

I think we just need a bit more perspective. He predicted so many things so remarkably accurate over the years that a this height no one touched him, save maybe that one time ntkrnl had that single epic leak. And that was ONE leak.

Call it a pet peeve, but people love to gang up on someone when they can no longer defend themselves, and I do think cboat as a person more than contributed to the value of GAF over the years with his insanely accurate inside information. He no longer has the crown due to his source clearly going sour in the last year, and he rightfully got banned for this slip up, but there's no reason to blacken his whole record for it. The dude was legit, more legit than any other insider for the longest time.

Is it me or is this 3rd or 4th time you typed out basically the same response? I swear, reading through this thread that the same info you typed above has been typed by you a few times over already. Not that you are not providing information about Cboat, but just funny to see the same thing multiple times in the same thread.

Completely agree. XB1 is definitely the better value for your dollar right now. Well done MS marketing. Can't imagine this would be possible without that huge cash security in billions that MS has. Sony cannot compete with that. It's gonna be a wild ride.

Game on.
QFT.

A seriously great value. Would be interesting if Sony had the reserves of say, Google or Apple.

Etrian Odyssey 4 was less than 15k, so this is spectacular for Etrian Odyssey.
Persona 4 Golden was also 34k, so this is better than that too.

At $50 for the bare minimum, following Black Friday week and Pokemon, I'm sure Atlus is ecstatic.

Well damn. Good on Atlus then!

WAIT EO4 ONLY SOLD 15K!?!?!? God that makes me freaking sad.

Boke1879

The Wii?

:p

I certainly consider the imminent Witcher 3 bundle more of a system seller than something like The Order.

But that's just an assumption on my part.

Maybe. I'm just basing this on the fact that atm standalone sales usually favor the PS4 regardless of marketing.

Loudninja

Sony should realize that people care more about price rather than bundles. If they bundled the ps4 just with last of us and sold it for 350$ it would have been far better
The system sold over 800k for the month I thin kthey are good.

If it was that simple things would have been different the last several months.

vpance

Game on.

Morpheus is their only hope I think. They need a big differentiator against Xbox, because as it is now people are diving for those fire sale prices without a regard for 1.3TF, 900p whatever.

Bold One

Because it wasn't a 7-10k difference

Other insiders said he was wrong real difference seems to be in the hundreds of thousands which makes more sense with 1.2 million Xbox Ones sold in the US.

Some people think he might have been saying the life to date gap was 710k which it might be if Xbox gained a few hundred thousand on PS this month. That seems like a bit of a stretch as he never corrected himself after it was clearly perceived as the Nov total gap.

its a massive fast moving thread,

Congrats MS, wonder if they'll hold the price

Top Bottom