• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for November 2014 [Up3: NPD Data Error, AC:U #5]

Hawk269

From a Microsoft long term strategy standpoint, I just can't see them happily selling a console at a loss to fight for parity with Sony. What's the point?

There are a few...

Xbox Live Memberships
Royalty fees from 3rd party games sold on the system
Xbox Live App/Media Sales

There are a lot of other reasons like accessories etc, that factor into it. MS has been making a mint on Live alone, having more systems in consumers hands means more sales from other sources for MS. Same for Sony as well.

Papacheeks

Banned
Is this accurate? I see that all of the stock is sold by Sony. Does Amazon not count that?

The number's that you see on amazon for top selling item are through them, tracked by Sold By amazon.

The bundles right now on the site are not by amazon and are 475$. So that kind of backs up my argument that it's out of stock and is being sold by third party people on amazon. Look at who's selling the GTA V bundle. It's not by amazon.

Are there any PS4 deals this month in the US?
Yeah, buy a ps4, and get free download game of choice out of four opinions.(destiny, nba2k, lbp3, and game I can't remember)

The deal ends before Christmas week, so they might have another one planned for then. Maybe bring back the GTA deal...

Morpheus is their only hope I think. They need a big differentiator against Xbox, because as it is now people are diving for those fire sale prices without a regard for 1.3TF, 900p whatever.

Morpheus isn't going to be big for the everyday gamer. Sorry. Don't see it. 200$ + for an accessory is crazy.

Noobcraft

It certainly does.

I'm impressed with the games, but the hardware is simply too underwhelming (and pricey).
The gamepad... The Wii U would sell like hotcakes if it wasn't tied to the gamepad. That thing makes it so much more expensive than it has to be. $200+bundled game is where I want to be before I pick up a Wii U personally.

Game4life

Banned
Yep. MS is taking U.S. for November. WW? Probably not, but still nice news for MS nonetheless!

World wide not a chance. This generation is done and dusted. PS4 has won it. It is only a question of how badly MS loses. If MS keeps this up they will come in a respectable second.

Tommy DJ

Sony should realize that people care more about price rather than bundles. If they bundled the ps4 just with last of us and sold it for 350$ it would have been far better

No its the bundles that are selling the Xbox One. The $50 price advantage didn't lead to the Xbox One winning in the previous months. What let them win November are the bundles that literally packed so many recent AAA titles that the effective price of the console was $200 or something low if you were to buy the standalone Xbox One and each game individually.

Sony should realize that people care more about price rather than bundles. If they bundled the ps4 just with last of us and sold it for 350$ it would have been far better

They may have sold more with a $350 TLOU bundle, but the $400 TLOU/GTA V bundle is still probably better for their bottom line.

inpired_1ne

Neo Member
Does anyone know how much sony/micro make off of each console sold. At the end of the day micro can sell more, but with all the price cuts are they making more.

You know maybe I'm just too much of a believer or naive or w/e but something still seems off about CBOAT's comment in this topic. I don't think he directly meant the gap between PS4/Xbox One for November 2014 sales, I think he meant something else. I also think there was something off about Titanfall's resolution, there could have been a last minute change or something. His history going back is just too accurate.

Maybe 7-10k was how much the PS4 beat the Wii U?

A wipeout of Destiny/October lead, and then some.

I'm pretty impressed.

I for one, will admit, I never expected it to be this drastic.

In hindsight, ultimately sticker shock is a big deal and PS4 has managed stellar deals that extended significant leads over XB1 as well despite not being priced as competitively, (Destiny bundle), but I got desensitized over the fact that XB1 hadn't managed to be competitive enough despite its many moves.

Gladly eat crow.

QuikNez

Sorry to ask, but I have been perusing the last 10 pages or so - is there any credible view(s) of the aggregate US X1 and PS4 spread in sales for Nov?

In other words, what's the consensus view on the amount X1 outsold the PS4 by in Novy?

Thanks team.

Welfare

Morpheus is their only hope I think. They need a big differentiator against Xbox, because as it is now people are diving for those fire sale prices without a regard for 1.3TF, 900p whatever.

No one besides the hardcore gives a shit about teraflops or pixels.

HOOOOLY SHIT. lol MS wins a month and some people genuinely believe thats it for PS4. lol. I mean please tell me this is satire right? PS4 wins 10 months straight and MS wins a single month in the US only and you're saying PS4 has no hope? fucking LOL.

Sorry to ask, but I have been perusing the last 10 pages or so - is there any credible view(s) of the aggregate US X1 and PS4 spread in sales for Nov?

In other words, what's the consensus view on the amount X1 outsold the PS4 by in Novy?

Thanks team.

Trying to do the same thing. Numbers are from 400k spread to 35k spread. I'd like some more accurate info.

I don't really mind when his predictions are off, I just like the way he talks.

Ittz liiek trryn too slve murdrr misTry wear s eri4lk illlllurr leaves you clues.

Phew, sorry I tried to do it for a little bit but it's exhausting. I'm gonna go lie down

orochi91

World wide not a chance. This generation is done and dusted. PS4 has won it. It is only a question of how badly MS loses. If MS keeps this up they will come in a respectable second.

If MS's prospects are heavily dependent on the US and UK this gen, then I can only ever see them topping at around 40-50 million.

Sony will likely double that when it's all said and done.

The gamepad... The Wii U would sell like hotcakes if it wasn't tied to the gamepad. That thing makes it so much more expensive than it has to be. $200+bundled game is where I want to be before I pick up a Wii U personally.

Personally waiting on that sub $200 price.

Though it may not come anytime soon if Nintendo's intent is generating as much profits as possible before announcing a successor.

If Sony hands over U.S that easy to MS that isn't a good look. WW is locked for Sony but U.S is very important so it will be interesting to see if Sony does something.

Top Bottom