• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for October 2007

spwolf

Thermopylae said:
Uh, what? AC6 and Ratched launched on the same day, buddy. AC6 sold 92k and Ratchet sold 75. How are you spinning that AC6 bombed while Ratchet sales were "not bad".

Are you serious?

they are both pretty bad... 360 has 3x more the userbase though which still doesnt mean that RC shouldnt sell more.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
C4Lukins said:
I thought it would have been closer to the 360 version. The amazon charts had it higher for the most part, and it was up there for a really long time. It is also the type of game that is perfect for the Wii player base, it is not competing for players with Rock Band, and it did not have an earlier version like the 360 or an expansion pack like the PS2 that came out less then a year earlier. And lets face it, the Wii has not had a ton of stellar games in recent months for it to compete with for consumer dollars.

I dunno. I wasn't paying too much attention to the GH3 threads, but I thought most were thinking that it would be around no. 2? (I thought it was gonna do worse, simply by being a game that's on all the systems, and Nintendo not really having any particular advantage).

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
sp0rsk said:
I thought this was already announced?

We know the PS2 version is coming. Wii version, officially I don't think it's announced. It certainly doesn't have a release date yet and I haven't heard or seen anything regarding a Wii version. I think all we have at this point is Harmonix saying that they were looking into it. If those GHIII sales don't convince Harmonix to make a Wii version, than nothing will.

Ronin

titiklabingapat said:
Word has it that Wii supply is going to increase by 400% in some retailers like Toys r Us starting last week.
We got close to a hundred this week. But they're staggering it.

Leonsito

jj984jj said:
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

The price cut and new model helped Sony increase sales of all consoles including the older PlayStation 2 to 100,000 units in the week ended Nov. 11, spokeswoman Kimberly Otzman said in an e-mail.

WHAT THE FUCK

WORST SPIN EVER

donny2112

USConsoles-5.png

WWConsoles-3.png

PS360vsWii-1.png

PS3vs360.png

Tideas

Banned
DevelopmentArrested said:
Deadlocked wasn't a true sequel and was basically a spin-off. Released with very little hype, no advertising and decent but by no means great reviews.

Tools of Destruction - completely different situation.

you know, if i can find November 2002's NPD to prove it not so, I would, but that data is kinda hard to find.

B-Ri said:
wow you really cant read can you? Read the original article about the sales increase, they arent reflected in this.
The first 2 days of the sales are (Nov 2nd and 3rd). And don't forget, the 80 gigs were price dropped in October.

Guy Legend

DevelopmentArrested said:
Poor PGR4. Sent to die.

Nobody asked for a PGR sequel this soon. This should have come out next year when the affect of Forza wore off, competition for GT5 arose, etc.

PGR4 at this time was a ridiculous mistake.

Acosta

What are the celebrations about? someone explain to me because I don´t get it.

Guitar Hero 3 selling a lot? Big deal, and what? is a new iteration of well known formula that sells for itself. It may be fun and all but is hardly the ideal I have when I think in the potential of a videogame as medium. I don´t feel any joy seeing Activision making ton of money with such a derivative product.

Wii stratospheric sales? I really hope that means HUGE sales for Mario Galaxy next month because I don´t care about Nintendo selling tons of Wii Play. Where are Zack & Wiki and Metroid Prime: Corruption?

Xbox 360 sales? I would say they are disappointing after Halo 3 and taking on count the incredible lineup of the console.

And PS3 sales? well, no comment.

So, PGR 4 selling pathetic number for such a quality game, great games as Zack & Wiki, Ratchet or AC 6 not selling well (FIFA is selling better, in USA, for god´s shake), Metroid Corruption falling abruptly...

The only good news I see is selling PH and Orange Box selling well, and the FFT/PSP numbers not being bad. But forgive me if I don´t share your enthusiasm.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
From that same article, NOA's response:

"Harrison said Wii sales during the same week exceeded that number by a ``double-digit percentage. He declined to provide a specific figure. "

So yeah...Wii weekly numbers must be just crazy right now.

S

Shepherd

Unconfirmed Member
Speevy said:
360 very, very good? An October following the release of Halo 3? That's plummeting.

Of course, it did very, very good compared to the awful-selling PS3.

Sept was a 5 week month. Oct was a 4 week month.

sep: sep 2 - oct 6*
oct: oct 7 - nov 3

105k per week in Sept and 91k per week. The 360 did a great job of sustaining its sales after the Halo 3 launch.

spwolf

Leonsito said:
The price cut and new model helped Sony increase sales of all consoles including the older PlayStation 2 to 100,000 units in the week ended Nov. 11, spokeswoman Kimberly Otzman said in an e-mail.

WHAT THE FUCK

WORST SPIN EVER

if thats true, HAHA.

GhaleonEB

Leonsito said:

WHAT THE FUCK

WORST SPIN EVER
Let's assume for a minute that PS2 sales were flat to October those two weeks, at 46,000 units (184k / 4).

That means of the 175k Sony Playstations sold in the two weeks after the $400 SKU came out, 92k were PS2 units - only 83k were PS3, in the two weeks after it came out. That's a TERRIBLE start to the $400 model. 0_0

Shepherd said:
Sept was a 5 week month. Oct was a 4 week month.

sep: sep 2 - oct 6*
oct: oct 7 - nov 3

105k per week in Sept and 91k per week. The 360 did a great job of sustaining its sales after the Halo 3 launch.

Ooh, nice save!

Dizzan

MINI Member
Even if PS3 sales jump 200% in November, Sony is still only looking at selling 360 000. Less than Wii and similar to MS.

You need to sell more than that Sony. Much more.

justjohn

schuelma said:
Uhh..I think Sony just admitted that their numbers from last night includes PS2:

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601101&sid=amjWQwK2k3Bs

"The price cut and new model helped Sony increase sales of all consoles including the older PlayStation 2 to 100,000 units in the week ended Nov. 11, spokeswoman Kimberly Otzman said in an e-mail.
"
erm how is that actually possible. surely if they include all consoles including ps2 and psp, it will be way more than 100,000

GhaleonEB said:
Let's assume for a minute that PS2 sales were flat to October those two weeks, at 46,000 units (184k / 4).

That means of the 175k Sony Playstations sold in the two weeks after the $400 SKU came out, 92k were PS2 units. Only 83k were PS3. That's a TERRIBLE start to the $400 model. 0_0

Maybe this is what SonyCowboy was referring to when he said the 40g got off to a bad start. Or maybe there's more.

schuelma

GhaleonEB said:

That means of the 175k Sony Playstations sold in the two weeks after the $400 SKU came out, 92k were PS2 units - only 83k were PS3, in the two weeks after it came out. That's a TERRIBLE start to the $400 model. 0_0

It's absolutely horrid. So horrid I'm wondering if Sony just effed up their statement..because that would be a truly horrid number.

Dartastic

To those earlier in the thread - we won't really know anything about VF5 until November's NPDs, as it only had a day or two of sales.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
GhaleonEB said:

That's what I said in the other thread! No one believed me! NOW WHO'S LAUGHING

Okay, so what if I was speaking hypothetically

ith3r said:
I'll go over this again since we got the PS3 numbers.

GH3 sales this october:

383.2k [360]
286.6k [Wii]
271.1k [PS2]
231.7k [PS2 - guitarless]
105.8k [PS3]

The PR mentions 1.4 million units sold across all platforms. Which means the guitarless 360 version must have sold 121.6k.

This can't be right, since the 10th game in the chart sold only 116.9k.

What is this devilry? Why is my math not working... Wha.........
The 1.4 million could be rounded up, allowing several tens of thousands of range for the guitarless X360 version.

schuelma

Loudninja said:

Well the email by Sony specifically says "consoles" and not hardware..possibly they aren't including PSP?

(Or maybe it's just a misquote. If I'm a Sony fan, I sure hope so)/

spwolf said:
they are both pretty bad... 360 has 3x more the userbase though which still doesnt mean that RC shouldnt sell more.

AC6 did very respectable numbers compared to previos ps2 incarnations especially when you consider what it was up against,

R&C was up against NOTHING and was heavily pimped all over the media as an AAA game but yet its sales are terrible,

I have mentioned this before and been shouted down but In my experience the PS3 is being bought by people who are buying it because "its a playstation" and dont even know what games are available for it, they just buy the licensed crap and i'm sure its being reflected in these software results

GhaleonEB

BenjaminBirdie said:
Maybe this is what SonyCowboy was referring to when he said the 40g got off to a bad start. Or maybe there's more.
Where did he say that? From the numbers Sony put out - and now clarified - it does sound like a pretty weak launch. I really thought it would at least double sales, as the first price cut did.

My local Best Buy had an obscene amount of 40gb's sitting there (around 30 or so) yesterday, like ususal Wii was sold out, and they only had a two 360's.

Top Bottom