• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for October 2015 [Up1: Xbox #1]

Radec

Look at them shit Uncharted sales, in some ways it's such a shame more people could not experience the most overrated gaming franchise out there. Really do wish we were not getting UC4 AND rather TLOU2 but hey ho, Hennig had to leave and Straley was shackled with this piece of shit franchise once again.

Sony need to stop running their franchises into the ground, there is a happy medium between Valve releasing a game once every decade and Ubisoft shitting out a game annually.

Meltdown already this early.

TheJoRu

8.) Yoshi's Wooly World (NWU)
9.) Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection (PS4)

tumblr_mwhey4CIqa1ssqomwo1_250.gif

Wow. Woolly World is an excellent game that deserves good sales, but wow. Surprising.

Yes, even with bundles.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
You are really jumping to that conclusion?

Yes. Like I said it's still a big franchise and I'm sure Uncharted 4 will sell well but the trajectory of the franchise sales wise is downwards going forward, IMO. Similar to how the hype and sales for GoW3 and GoW:A went on downward trajectory.

Uncharted was heavily bundled the entire month. What on earth are you talking about?

I understand that but we're talking about sales not included in bundles. Gears of War: UE hit #3 in August (a smaller month to be fair) and it's been MS's main bundle since August.

Empty

encouraging to see the ps4, despite dominating the market, struggling a bit with its mediocre exclusive lineup. sends a good message to sony. not acceptable.

RamzaIsCool

The Amiga Brotherhood
lol thought we would go into this month's NPD with am everybody wins vibe, instead it seems that everybody loses this month. Oh well...

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Yeah, the huge bump at the start of this generation drained out a lot of the legs.

We were moving sales forward instead of growing the market.

I was about to post this. Lol. Too good

I think people were expecting insane deals through the holidays. In many ways, last year set a bad precedent for the average consumer. They want to see the world set on fire with hurricane winds blowing everything away. Nothing wrong with that really. We all want a good deal. I expect things to pick up next month. That's pretty obvious though.

Look at them shit Uncharted sales, in some ways it's such a shame more people could not experience the most overrated gaming franchise out there. Really do wish we were not getting UC4 AND rather TLOU2 but hey ho, Hennig had to leave and Straley was shackled with this piece of shit franchise once again.

Sony need to stop running their franchises into the ground, there is a happy medium between Valve releasing a game once every decade and Ubisoft shitting out a game annually.
75EtIy3.gif

ViciousDS

Banned
Holy shit.

PS4 has sold 297k in October 2014, and we know is under 304k... this mean is basically flat YOY in the pricedrop month.

I already know folks waiting for black Friday.....and that's just picking one up. Its like they plan on buying while out shopping for other stuff even if it's not on sale lol. But I expect this year's holiday to be big. When employees start asking me if they need to pay for multiplayer on the ps4.....it means shits ramping up.

Alo0oy

Banned

Is this like a reverse meltdown?

DC1

Yup, 304k for the Xbox One.

Couldn't beat Titanfall month at 311k.
That's like splashing extra cold water on a polar bear..

This statement would make Rick James say.."Damn.."..

I'm not sure why you think it's OK to slap a kids ice cream cone to the ground ,..just because.

Lordzap

Neo Member
Maybe the price cut mainly effected the preorders of the Cod and Battlefront bundles? Would explain the low sales.

Kathian

Banned
Either Wii U was finally stomped on or PS4 did really poorly this month. Price Cut looks to have not made any noise above the usual bundle offers.

FTF

Yeah there is no winner this month. 304k for Xbone during Halo month is really bad, and Sony at best flat YoY is bad.

Though I expect huge bounce backs for Nov and Dec.

RexNovis

Banned

You sure are one special snowflake....cake.

Perhaps you should wait for bundles and figures before declaring Uncharted sales "shit."

Those seem like low sales for a Halo month. If I am remembering correctly Xbox 360 sold over 500K in September(?) '07 when Halo 3 was released. Are these lower sales a reflection of these consoles or a downward trend in the market?

Alo0oy

Banned
Yes. Like I said it's still a big franchise and I'm sure Uncharted 4 will sell well but the trajectory of the franchise sales wise is downwards going forward, IMO. Similar to how the hype and sales for GoW3 and GoW:A went on downward trajectory.

The evidence we have suggests the opposite, a remaster tells you absolutely nothing, UC3 doubled UC2 in sales in its launch week.

Top Bottom