• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for September 2009

confused

Banned
lordoftherink said:
Sorry :(
At least us enlightened few can enjoy it.

Another racing game note: I guess the horrid Undercover was finally the last straw when it comes to killing the Need for Speed brand

I think it has more to do with straying from the NFS arcade formula this year

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
amtentori said:
who the hell is buying psps?

Piracy cant be that bad. What are the 8-14 year old kids i see with psps playing? the numbers are pathetic. there have to be more sony loyals than 18k....
Oh give me a break. It's a game that doesn't translate all that well in portable form, that got mediocre reviews, that got an extremely small marketing campaign compared to what the brand would usually get.

What kid would be interested in GT anyways? Not many at all, I'm sure.

Touchdown

Banned
bafflewaffle said:
mediocre game, does not deserve to be in top npd imo

ritia picross is ds goty

dear-god-make-it-stop.jpg

ZeoVGM

Banned
You know, earlier in the thread I said PS3 would win again next month, COMPLETELY forgetting about the Wii price drop.

Gonna be VERY close, but yeah: Wii wins November and December after. I think PS3 and 360 will be neck and neck then.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
lordoftherink said:
Sorry :(
At least us enlightened few can enjoy it.

Another racing game note: I guess the horrid Undercover was finally the last straw when it comes to killing the Need for Speed brand
Racing games are more Europe's market. Dirt 2 and Need For Speed seemed to do respectable there when I was looking at the PAL charts.

chubigans said:
Huh. Maybe the mediocre reviews put this baby under. Certainly PSP games can break the top 10 if they're good enough.

I kinda regret buying it...it's less a game, more of a filler till GT5.

By the by, the GT PSN card number is the highest of all of the PSN card releases by over 500 units. Everything else < 1.3k combined. That's seven games counted by NPD.

lowrider007

Licorice-flavoured booze?
amtentori said:
who the hell is buying psps?

What do you mean ?, a hundred and ninety thousand people brought PSP's in September, and there are 50million of them in the wild, yeah the DS (Which I own and also love) may more than double those numbers but that doesn't make the PSP's install base poor, there's more than enough of them out there for for healthy software sales but people just don;t seem to be bighting.

Sipowicz said:
what the fuck at PSP software

gran turismo fair enough as it's a pile of watered down shit. but the soul calibur game is supposed to be great. such a shame, especially now the psp is getting loads of good stuff

ds games did amazingly well. 2 games around the 200k mark as well as mario and luigi

Soul Calibur is also watered down shit. I played the full game a year ago on PS3. What would I gain by buying it again on PSP?

AniHawk

amtentori said:
Never know if you are telling the truth, but....

Did it beat spyborgs?
Did it beat ... Extraction?

Yes and Yes.

Muramasa > Gran Turismo > Extraction > Gran Turismo PSP Go Download Card > Spyborgs

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Wait until someone leaks the Spyborgs numbers :lol :lol

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Dragona Akehi said:
By the by, the GT PSN card number is the highest of all of the PSN card releases by over 500 units. Everything else < 1.3k combined. That's seven games counted by NPD.
Combined?! o_O

Dragona Akehi said:
Motorstorm Arctic Edge <3k

Noooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Arde5643

Accident said:
Dead Space Extraction >9K
lollerskates - looks like casual-izing and mainstream-ing Dead Space didn't work out too well. :lol

Leave the light gun genre to Sega and Namco, m'kay?

Idiots should've kept Dead Space as a 3rd person horror.

Dash Kappei said:
This post is retarded.
Well, it came from Kotaku....all they did was look at the release calendar and list all the names of the games they recognized that didn't show up in the Top 10.
We already know Kingdom Hearts and Scribblenauts didn't bomb. NHL is a very regional game sales-wise, which is not reflected in the NPD since it only covers US numbers. Muramasa is a relative success, Spyborgs bombing isn't news anymore, and Need for Speed Shift and/or Dirt 2 are games I could see sneaking into the Top 20, or maybe the Top 10 by console.

EDIT: Motorstorm....too young to die

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
AnIco said:
Forza 3 numbers are going to be downright awful next month.

Why do you think this?

Protip: In the future, when you make a statement such as this, it's probably a good idea to explain what data led you there.

Sipowicz

Banned
Gokurakumaru said:
Soul Calibur is also watered down shit. I played the full game a year ago on PS3. What would I gain by buying it again on PSP?

gran turismo on psp has no career mode. they took the gran turismo out of a gran turismo game

soul calibur is supposed to be good and pretty functional

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
That about does it for the Motorstorm franchise. Pacific Rift did poorly compared to the first game and now...

Ugh. :(

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Amir0x said:
holy fuck.

test failed, Wii audience!

Game was actually really good
I bought it because it looks good, but I gotta say, kinda glad.

Make a full adventure next time. Don't bring that spinoff crap.

ALTERNATIVE POST: Dead Space is not Resident Evil, so Extraction was never going to sell as well as Umbrella Chronicles.

Serenity

Dragona Akehi said:
Yes, because we don't get numbers. And you bet your ass Sony would definitely trumpet their sales in the US if they were good.

Can you post some examples of previous press releases of them doing this.

Top Bottom