• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for September 2009

confused

Banned
KuwabaraTheMan said:
Dissidia sold well for a PSP game, but its numbers still weren't great.

Before that, the month when Chains of Olympus and Crisis Core came out.

That's quite a while ago..... also keep in mind that GT was given away free with the GO (in US as well?)

as for Tretton's comments. PSP GO at arund 100K or am I missing the mark somewhat?

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
schuelma said:
horrid GT numbers

Not completely terrible Muramasa numbers. About 4 hours in right now..great game.
Between the 35k here and the 30k in Japan, I wonder if they already covered their budget.

schuelma said:
horrid GT numbers

Not completely terrible Muramasa numbers. About 4 hours in right now..great game.

I'd say that's pretty good for what a niche game usually sells. Many Atlus titles only do about 50-70k LTD... Course it depends on how much Ignition spent on the game...

schuelma said:
horrid GT numbers

Better sales than Japan for Muramasa, so I would actually say that's a great number, given what it is.

Sipowicz

Banned
what the fuck at PSP software

gran turismo fair enough as it's a pile of watered down shit. but the soul calibur game is supposed to be great. such a shame, especially now the psp is getting loads of good stuff

ds games did amazingly well. 2 games around the 200k mark as well as mario and luigi

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
KuwabaraTheMan said:
Better sales than Japan for Muramasa, so I would actually say that's a great number, given what it is.

I don't want to go overboard and call it a hit or anything, but yeah, pretty solid now that I think about it.

Kard8p3

Archie said:
http://twitter.com/creamsugar ?

I think he is legit.

MURAMASA > 35K
Scribblenauts > 193K
Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days > 201K
GT > 18K
Soul Calibur: Broken Destiny > 26K

I can now put my mind at ease when it comes to Kingdom Hearts. I'm kind of shocked at how GT did though. I never would've though a GT game would do that poorly.

schuelma

Oh wow I missed the Scribblenauts number the first time around. Very very nice.

confused said:
street dates get broken...

I know but 18k is completely embarrassing. I don't expect it to sell like hotcakes but we should wait until next month, when it is officially released, before declaring it a bomb.

xbhaskarx

Anyone have sales numbers for the XBLA game "Yo Ho Kablammo"? Thanks in advance.
Yes similar jokes were made twice already, I am slow

Archie said:
MURAMASA > 35K
Scribblenauts > 193K
Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days > 201K
GT > 18K
Soul Calibur: Broken Destiny > 26K

Wow, can that be right? There are plenty of GT ads on television, I just saw one a few minutes ago on MNF.

chubigans said:
To be fair, those GT PSP numbers don't include the downloadable version.

Still, yikes.

Like Dragona said, if sales were significant, we would hear about it.

I predict DD sales will end up resembling Enron Accounting: just put down whatever number you think it is going to sell and call it a day. That or use different ways of distorting the numbers.

chubigans said:
To be fair, those GT PSP numbers don't include the downloadable version.

Still, yikes.

I can tell you that the GT Network Cards (ie a voucher you paid for in the store but redeem via PSN) is under 1k. Just for comparison.

Sipowicz

Banned
mentalfloss said:
So is it too early to talk about hardcore games on the Wii?

i think there's definately a problem, but at the same time there isnt really anything i'd expect to sell well on any console

muramasa is really niche and the dead space extraction is an outsourced arcade game spinoff that costs 50 bucks

confused

Banned
The Experiment said:
I know but 18k is completely embarrassing. I don't expect it to sell like hotcakes but we should wait until next month, when it is officially released, before declaring it a bomb.

2-day gimped sales do not a bomba make....... plenty of stores didn't start selling till the first. Besides that most of the sales probably came from DD

boiled goose

good with gravy
Great numbers for Scribble and kingdom.

surprisingly decent numbers for Muramasa, let's hope it can stay in shelves enough to get a decent holiday boost.

PSP fails at selling games...

when sony's biggest franchise sells less in its debut days than niche software , you know you are in trouble.

RuGalz

Oh right GT didn't officially get released until Oct 1st. I guess Polyphony won't go 3rd party for another month.

AnIco

Wow those GT numbers are horrible. But it's a portable version that wasn't well received. People are waiting for GT5 for their sim experiences.

Forza 3 numbers are going to be downright awful next month. I hope Microsoft doesn't get rid of Turn 10 like they did Ensemble studios. Ensemble's Halo Wars sold like 700+k in the US, great sales, and Microsoft ditched them for whatever reason. Forza 3 will do much worse than Halo Wars and probably cost a whole lot more to produce.

lowrider007

Licorice-flavoured booze?
I wonder why the PSP can't shift games, there's fucking millions of them out there, just doesn't make sense and I really can't beleive that piracy is making those numbers that low surely ?

schuelma

mentalfloss said:
So is it too early to talk about hardcore games on the Wii?

Extraction bombed.

Muramasa actually did pretty well and makes me very happy. Great game.

Edit- poor Xseed they lose out on Muramasa and it does decent. Poor guys.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Dragona Akehi said:
I can tell you that the GT Network Cards (ie a voucher you paid for in the store but redeem via PSN) is under 1k. Just for comparison.
Huh. Maybe the mediocre reviews put this baby under. Certainly PSP games can break the top 10 if they're good enough.

I kinda regret buying it...it's less a game, more of a filler till GT5.

beast786

EviLore said:
Data care of NPD
PlayStation 3 491.8K

879vukn.jpg

confused

Banned
lowrider007 said:
I wonder why the PSP can't shift games, there's fucking millions of them out there, just doesn't make sense and I really can't beleive that piracy is making though numbers that low surely ?

BERIEVE !

Is this the first time since their release that the NPD Holy Trinity of Wii Play, Wii Fit, and Mario Kart Wii have all failed to chart?
Also, those Gran Turismo numbers make me not want to see whatever Motorstorm PSP did.

boiled goose

good with gravy
lowrider007 said:
I wonder why the PSP can't shift games, there's fucking millions of them out there, just doesn't make sense and I really can't beleive that piracy is making though numbers that low surely ?

who the hell is buying psps?

Piracy cant be that bad. What are the 8-14 year old kids i see with psps playing? the numbers are pathetic. there have to be more sony loyals than 18k....

makes me wonder why sony is even bother supporting the system with high quality games like motorstorm, little big planet, etc. even some decent third party support like rockband and soul calibur.

the lineup for the psp is actually pretty good this year.

We have known this for years but when GT does 18k I think we can definitely say PSP is dead in the US.

confused

Banned
AnIco said:
Wow those GT numbers are horrible. But it's a portable version that wasn't well received. People are waiting for GT5 for their sim experiences.

Forza 3 numbers are going to be downright awful next month. I hope Microsoft doesn't get rid of Turn 10 like they did Ensemble studios. Ensemble's Halo Wars sold like 700+k in the US, great sales, and Microsoft ditched them for whatever reason. Forza 3 will do much worse than Halo Wars and probably cost a whole lot more to produce.

Really ? What on earth would make you think that ?

Rlan

xbhaskarx said:
Anyone have sales numbers for the XBLA game "Yo Ho Kablammo"? Thanks in advance.
Yes similar jokes were made twice already, I am slow

Jokes aside, I've no idea but it definitely did garbage :)

Also DO remember fellows - Gran Turismo PSP was also a big push for the PSP Go, and digital sales in general.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Accident said:
Bombas:
Dirt 2 (September 8)
LittleBigPlanet: Game of the Year Edition (September 8)
Mini Ninjas (September 8)
Muramasa: The Demon Blade (September 8)
Need for Speed: Shift (September 15) NHL 10 (September 15)
NHL 2K10 (September 15)
Scribblenauts (September 15)
Wet (September 15)
Spyborgs (September 25)
Beaterator (September 29)
Dead Space Extraction (September 29)
Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days (September 29)
Gran Turismo (October 1)

This post is retarded.

lowrider007 said:

Piracy + low interest = low sales

They cut out the biggest feature that gets people to buy the GT games. The inevitable rampant piracy for this game merely kicked the game while it was down.

chubigans said:
Oh man...ugh...why did you remind me... :(
Sorry :(
At least us enlightened few can enjoy it.

Another racing game note: I guess the horrid Undercover was finally the last straw when it comes to killing the Need for Speed brand

Top Bottom