• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nvidia RTX 30XX |OT|

Porcile

The price of these things in Asia is insane. No thanks. I'll stick it out until there are more options and better games.

Running a 2080ti since launch here, sensible thing is to wait for the 3080ti (14gb) you know it's coming.
There's always something better coming out soon. With what Nvidia showed yesterday I will jump in day one, there's not really any point in waiting.
I was rocking a 2080Ti for over a 1.5 years and it offered me a next-gen performance (in terms of console generations) for a very long time and I couldn't be happier.

3090 will be more than sufficient for the entire next console generation, mid-gen refresh included.

Last edited:

b0uncyfr0

Kadayi

Banned
Well, even more reason to wait it out now. I'm not happy with 8GB vram. Definitely expecting 3070 and 3080 TI with more vram.

Yeah very tempting as it is to spank my wallet straight away with those prices I've always been a fan of the Ti cards in terms of bang for buck so I might curb my enthusiasm and wait it out a little longer.

meech

And other people have been claiming their favourite box will play AAA games at 4k and 120 fps:
a322c03a94505b92e5e284e03ff0e3be.gif

#greenbergkoolaid
Dirt is an AAA game. Obviosly the majority of games wont have this option, but some will, like racing games.

Last edited:

Anki

Banned
I was thinking, maybe the pricing of the cards is because nvidia is aware of the amd next gpu’s so they lowered the price to be competitive? Who knows.

llien

Something's wrong here...
Well, why, based on that leaker that got A100 spot on one year before official release, got "prices will be good", got CU count (divided by 2) right, AMD has a strong competitor for A104.
It is very likely to have 16GB of RAM and is said to be too fast for A104 to catch up (so, between 3070 and 3080, closer to the latter).
He also mentioned it would come in November (not specifying whether he meant announcement date or when it hits the shelves)

That is not far away, Ampere cards will start selling only several weeks later and will be sold out throughout October.

If RDNA2 information above is correct (there is nothing about it what is not in line with RDNA1 or console performance) NV might need to react with either 20GB 3080 and/or 16GB 3070.

lifa-cobex

Any word or release dates?
To be more exact... Released before Cyber Punk?

I think this might be the first time I ever day one a GPU and highly considering skipping this console gen.

nkarafo

Why so low VRAM? That 3070 is going to be out of date even before mid-gen :(

They are going to release the 3060 with 6GB aren't they?

nemiroff

Gold Member
Why so low VRAM? That 3070 is going to be out of date even before mid-gen :(

They are going to release the 3060 with 6GB aren't they?

I doubt it's going to be "outdated". But we don't need to speculate, the 4K benchmarks are right around the corner.

nkarafo

I doubt it's going to be "outdated". But we don't need to speculate, the 4K benchmarks are right around the corner.
Before the PS4/XBOX One were released, 2GB VRAM was deemed enough. That's why most mid-high end cards pre 2014 still had only 2GB. But after the consoles got released, the 2GB limit was quickly shattered. There are already current gen games that max out my 6GB VRAM... @1080p. Why not assume that, after the next-gen consoles get released, the same will happen? 8GB just sounds too low for a brand new 500$ card.

Which means the 300$ mid range 3060 will get only 6GB yet again, which means that tier gets the same amount of VRAM for 3 generations.

Evilms

Banned
b84d57101953dde49f98b135c289ddb120200902095751.png

+

RTX 3070 Ti/S with 16 GB

Last edited:

Evilms

Banned
Not unexpected they drop the tensor core count in their gaming line up
I guess 3rd gen efficiency and clock speed increases helped to make up the shortfall.
Was there a 2nd gen tensor core?

The Tensor Cores 2nd generation are on the RTX 20.

RTX 30 have 3rd generation of TC.

Last edited:

b0uncyfr0

Does a 3770k (clocked around 4.7 Ghz) bottleneck a 2080Ti at 1440p?

All those 2080Ti's that will go on sale soon, one of them has my name on it.

Jezbollah

The problem with most of these graphics cards is that you will become CPU bound straight away.

Orta Orta I have a 7700k and will likely have to upgrade to a 10700 minimum, AMD not being an option here as I need thread performance over many cores.

(also, may have to budget in a new PSU for both. Don't think my 650w Seasonic is enough..)

Orta

Banned
The problem with most of these graphics cards is that you will become CPU bound straight away.

Orta Orta I have a 7700k and will likely have to upgrade to a 10700 minimum, AMD not being an option here as I need thread performance over many cores.

(also, may have to budget in a new PSU for both. Don't think my 650w Seasonic is enough..)

That's my worry. The relatively low price of these beasts will be negated by having to buy a new cpu/psu :messenger_hushed:

gamer82

You've called them 'junk' so what do you care? Why are you even on the thread?

Yep and I'm at 3440*1440 so Cyberpunk is going to run like a dream. I'll surely be able max out at 120fps for the most part, though I wonder what penalty raytracing will incur.

Pisstake if it is, should be £600 max looking at other consumer electronics (for example phones).
£649 in the uk for the 3080

Armorian

Banned
Not unexpected they drop the tensor core count in their gaming line up
I guess 3rd gen efficiency and clock speed increases helped to make up the shortfall.
Was there a 2nd gen tensor core?

First gen was in volta.

How likely is it my trusty i7 6700k would bottleneck a 3070/80 gaming at 1440p?

Time for an upgrade?
Does a 3770k (clocked around 4.7 Ghz) bottleneck a 2080Ti at 1440p?

All those 2080Ti's that will go on sale soon, one of them has my name on it.

6700K will live longer but both will be dead soon with low thread count. Right now 6700K is mostly not limiting games that much, that IB is.

Bl@de

Interesting announcements (finally). Waiting for reviews and the MSI RTX 3080 Gaming X. Could be a good replacement for my 1080 Ti. 10GB vs. 11GB won‘t matter that much in 1440p (for now). And a 16/20GB version will surely arrive in 2021.

longdi

Banned
With the covid, new 8nm Samsung, and approaching end of year where we get a stretch of holidays until Chinese New year which is mid Feb 2021.

Missed it in the next 2-3 months and you won't be getting into ampere love until next year?

Lux R7

b84d57101953dde49f98b135c289ddb120200902095751.png

+

RTX 3070 Ti/S with 16 GB

can this be an error? Maybe it will be the 3080 ti. Doesn't make much sense to me that the 3070 ti is so superior to the 3080 in terms of gb

gamer82

Overclockers have £799 as a placeholder price for the Asus Strix 3080. I would hope that this is an estaimate, but we need to consider the VAT hike we will get on prices here.
they do have otheres at £649 i gues is just brand pricing i thought they would be priced £649 going by nvidia pricing. new to pc gaming so dont really know why they are higher.

GymWolf

Gold Member
I never bought a vanilla gpu from nvidia, always from asus or other brands.

What are the usual weakness compared to the other brands??
Shittier cooling\overclock\loudness\performance? Worst construction quality?

I never payed more than 500 dollars for a gpu and i don't know of i'm ready to pay another 100-200 more for a non vanilla 3080...

I don't care about overclock or aesthetic or even if they are loud, can i go with a founders? What do you say?

Last edited:

gamer82

Overclockers have £799 as a placeholder price for the Asus Strix 3080. I would hope that this is an estimate, but we need to consider the VAT hike we will get on prices here.
nvidia uk site claims £649 for 3080 so i would have thought that was with tax, is that pricing only guaranteed via them directly then .im just getting into pc gaming so looking for a good deal myself.

Myths

I was thinking, maybe the pricing of the cards is because nvidia is aware of the amd next gpu’s so they lowered the price to be competitive? Who knows.
Well they definitely made that move in order to undercut AMD (or at least, an attempt to depending on their pricing too). 2080ti value is going to plummet, making it more affordable to consumers should they fall to $300 and lower.
That’s what I’m thinking at least.

BluRayHiDef

Banned
I wish I had one within reasonable driving distance. Probably a good thing for my wallet I don't.

There are two of them here in New York City: one in Brooklyn and one in Queens. I've bought PC parts from the former perhaps three times: in 2013, 2016, and 2017; and I visited the other one in 2016 in order to redeem a warranty. So, I only visit them whenever I'm building a PC or upgrading, which isn't often.

Eliciel

I have just sold me 5700XT for 335€ and I am really amazed that I was still able to sell it at this price after yesterday news. That means I have only paid 20€ for 10 Months of usage and I am ready to go with the next generation of graphics.

Pro Recommendation (me being the pro here): Go out and grab your re-sell deals right now....because the leap will be crazy into Ampere / Big Navi and the Price Competition is just getting started....

Top Bottom