• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nvidia RTX 30XX |OT|

GHG

Gold Member
What the...

a954xk16sjk51.jpg

Yes, that is the backplate...

No.

The PSU requirements are quite modest considering what was being rumoured.

That's good to hear. If I can keep my current PSU this is a no-brainer upgrade from a vanilla 2060. Hopefully AMD is able to bring legit competition. I want to see what they've got on offer before I pull the trigger.

Ascend

What the...

a954xk16sjk51.jpg

Yes, that is the backplate...
Guess we know why they're so cheap. They will definitely deliver performance. But power consumption might not really be that great. I guess there is some truth to the rumors of their GPUs being produced by Samsung rather than TSMC. Samsung's 7nm node is inferior but cheaper.

I_D

I would typically wait for the 3080ti, but my 980ti just died, so I'm in for the 3080.

I'm not too worried about the PSU requirements, but what about the physical size of the card?
It's hard to tell how big it is from the pictures, but I know the 'leaks' were indicating that these were going to be rather beefy cards.

My 980ti left me with only about 1 millimeter to spare in my current case. Do we know how the 3080 will compare, size-wise?

Mister Wolf

Gold Member
Their AMP extreme cards are very good.

Typically some of the best factory overclocked cards around and they aren't too expensive either.

They just aren't that popular for some reason.

Might be the tacky designs. Think I'm gonna go Gigabyte Windforce again if I cant get a Nvidia FE card.

Reactions: GHG

DonMigs85

So trying to figure how compatible a 3070 would be with my CPU. I have an i5 8400. Would I have to upgrade to at least an i7?
should be ok until you reach the point it can't reliably sustain your target framerate anymore. Might as well wait until the DDR5 era to upgrade the motherboard and CPU

Madflavor

should be ok until you reach the point it can't reliably sustain your target framerate anymore. Might as well wait until the DDR5 era to upgrade the motherboard and CPU

Hmm yea, but I want to upgrade my PC for Cyberpunk 2077. So I'm just looking at my options right now.

DeaDPo0L84

Even before any actual reveal of the available cards I was gonna lean towards the FE, but now that we've seen all the options I'm definitely going FE,none of the options look attractive.

Would a Ryzen 3600 bottleneck a 3080 too much? I want to finally upgrade my RX580 but unsure whether to go 3070 or 3080.

I game on a mixture of a 1080p and my 4K tv, but mainly on tv outside of VNs, and indie horror. The 3080 sounds great from a longevity standpoint, and I don’t mind getting a new PSU (current is my pretty old 650). Really don’t want to go updating $100s in parts.

I’ve looked up a few benchmarks with a 2080ti (3070ish) and 3600 is close enough to a 3900x for personal comfort.

Would a Ryzen 3600 bottleneck a 3080 too much? I want to finally upgrade my RX580 but unsure whether to go 3070 or 3080.

I game on a mixture of a 1080p and my 4K tv, but mainly on tv outside of VNs, and indie horror. The 3080 sounds great from a longevity standpoint, and I don’t mind getting a new PSU (current is my pretty old 650). Really don’t want to go updating $100s in parts.

I’ve looked up a few benchmarks with a 2080ti (3070ish) and 3600 is close enough to a 3900x for personal comfort.
Not at all at 4K, even at WQHD you should be more than fine.

Not at all at 4K, even at WQHD you should be more than fine.
Thanks, I think I’m gonna grab the 3080 if funds allow for it. I’m gonna keep an eye out for benchmarks closer to release for a final decision.

Also depends on game releases this holiday as I’m probably picking up a PS5 as well If launch lineup is good.

Myths

Don't understand why people would pay that price for a used 2080 Ti when Nvidia is already confirming the 3080 will be more powerful for less.
I do wonder if NVidia were hoping to drive down the resale value of the 2080ti, in hopes of further undercutting AMD’s next gen. I suspect $300 or less is what the 2080ti will stagger to now, given 3070 has much more to offer for plenty less.

Xellos

Started the day thinking 3070, but 3080 being 2-slot and a bit cheaper than expected means it fits my budget and my case. 320 watts though; hope that funky looking cooler is all it's cracked up to be.

Anki

Banned
I am curious what is going to happen to all the rtx 2000 cards that are in stores now when 3000 comes out. Will the sell them cheaper or they will be returned to warehouse? Who is going to buy 2080ti for 1200 euros when we will have 3070 for 500.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
I am curious what is going to happen to all the rtx 2000 cards that are in stores now when 3000 comes out. Will the sell them cheaper or they will be returned to warehouse? Who is going to buy 2080ti for 1200 euros when we will have 3070 for 500.
There aren't many 2080tis left, if any. Nvidia stopped manufacturing them in July. You can't even find them as sold by Amazon or Newegg (first party) for new anymore.

Last edited:
Top Bottom