• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NY lawmakers propose legalizing and taxing marijuana

Status
Not open for further replies.

Batman

Banned
Just recently you were saying Handout Bill was going to usher in a communist dystopia characterized by capital flight and packs of blacks rampaging through the streets. You should pick a story and stick with it.

You are the second poster on this site that said that I said that statement about black people which of course I did not say. Look at my post history, you are just another poster making stuff up to make me look bad. Stop insulting minorities.

I wish people would stop with this racism, people have hate in their hearts and I hope they learn some tolerance for all skin colors.

I hate "sin taxes" like this. $50 an once or gram or whatever is absurd. Make it legal and tax it like any other goods. People buying weed legally shouldn't be punished just because society doesn't feel comfortable with weed.

Batman

Banned
I hate "sin taxes" like this. $50 an once or gram or whatever is absurd. Make it legal and tax it like any other goods. People buying weed legally shouldn't be punished just because society doesn't feel comfortable with weed.

Even if this were to pass more businesses would start drug testing for their employees which would be fantastic since no business owners would want their money being handled by their employees that are possibly under the influence.

So maybe this wouldn't be a bad idea after all to legalize weed in New York, business owners could weed out the hard working people who are serious about their jobs and careers.

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
Even if this were to pass more businesses would start drug testing for their employees which would be fantastic since no business owners would want their money being handled by their employees that are possibly under the influence.

Nothing you say makes any sense. You do know that, don't you?

Dai101

Banned

So maybe this wouldn't be a bad idea after all to legalize weed in New York, business owners could weed out the hard working people who are serious about their jobs and careers.

Just stop.

Batman

Banned
Nothing you say makes any sense. You do know that, don't you?

You do realize why employees drug test workers currently right? There's a reason why companies do urinalysis, some take blood and hair.

What did I write makes no sense?

Batman

Banned
Is there a good way to field test drivers suspected of being high?

Blood work is the most reliable, police officers would have to pin prick people. I suppose it would be turned to law for officers to allow pin pricks on the fingers for suspected drivers that are under the influence of weed. If they legalize weed then the test would have to be made available which would be great to get high people off the road, same thing with drunk drivers. For some reason people still operate machinery while they are incapable of doing so.

demon

You do realize why employees drug test workers currently right? There's a reason why companies do urinalysis, some take blood and hair.

What did I write makes no sense?

Alcohol is legal, and that's why companies test for it all the time, right?

Nothing you say makes any sense.

You're ecstatic that companies would conduct the invasive practice of testing their employees' bodily fluids more? How fanstastic!

Marijuana shows up in tests weeks after use but you think it's a good thing that more employees will use it as a basis to assume the employee is currently under the influence and kick them to the curb of unemployment? If someone is high on the job it will affect their work or it will be obvious in their behavior and that will be sufficient enough to reprimand or fire someone. Other countries manage without testing all their employees for marijuana just fine.

Nothing you say makes any fucking sense. Just stop already.

Batman

Banned
Alcohol is legal, and that's why companies test for it all the time, right?

You're ecstatic that companies would conduct the invasive practice of testing their employees' bodily fluids more? How fanstastic!

Marijuana shows up in tests weeks after use but you think it's a good thing that more employees will use it as a basis to assume the employee is currently under the influence and kick them to the curb of unemployment? If someone is high on the job it will affect their work or it will be obvious in their behavior and that will be sufficient enough to reprimand or fire someone. Other countries manage without testing all their employees for marijuana just fine.

Nothing you say makes any fucking sense. Just stop already.

So if I open a business you will have a problem the way I operate it legally? You are going to come in and tell me what I can and can't do with my money and my business?

Having Bloomberg as Mayor here in NYC is bad enough, having people that want a nanny state and telling other businesses how to operate is scary.

jerry1594

If the crime rate goes up because the number of violent high people on the streets blows up, they can just repeal the law. Because that scenario only exists in Batman's bizarro world that won't happen. Finally the world is waking up and realizing the war on drugs is a massive waste of time and money.
So if I open a business you will have a problem the way I operate it legally? You are going to come in and tell me what I can and can't do with my money and my business?

Having Bloomberg as Mayor here in NYC is bad enough, having people that want a nanny state and telling other businesses how to operate is scary.
Child labor used to be legal dingus.

Jado

Banned

I know for a fact that people working at top big law and finance firms in NY, with advanced degrees from the best schools in the country, regularly use harder drugs than marijuana during their free time. It doesn't hinder them from being involved in matters involving millions of dollars nor winning accolades in industry publications for work considered brilliant in their fields. Casual marijuana use will have no effect on some young person in a mailroom, at a cubicle, stocking store shelves or working the fast food register.

Troll or not, I'm thoroughly convinced you have no fucking clue what you're talking about.

Batman

Banned
I know for a fact that people working at top big law and finance firms in NY, with advanced degrees from the best schools in the country, regularly use harder drugs than marijuana during their free time. It doesn't hinder them from being involved in matters involving millions of dollars nor winning accolades in industry publications for work considered brilliant in their fields. Casual marijuana use will have no effect on some young person in a mailroom, at a cubicle, stocking store shelves or working the fast food register.

Troll or not, I'm thoroughly convinced you have no fucking clue what you're talking about.

You do realize why the US is in the financial mess it is in currently? If people stopped using drugs the US would be a much better place where people can focus on their work and having a drug free home and society.

I don't know why people have a problem with wanting to ban drugs and alcohol, nobody thinks about the children.

Jado

Banned
You do realize why the US is in the financial mess it is in currently? If people stopped using drugs the US would be a much better place where people can focus on their work and having a drug free home and society.

I don't know why people have a problem with wanting to ban drugs and alcohol, nobody thinks about the children.

No, not because of drugs. So, wrong again. You're trying way too hard for a troll tag of some sort.

No one cares about the children. Let them get high.

PJV3

You're scary, you can't possibly believe this stuff.

demon

I wasn't 100% convinced you're a troll until now. Thanks for wasting my time.

Batman

Banned
No, not because of drugs. So, wrong again. You're trying way too hard for a troll tag of some sort.

No one cares about the children. Let them get high.

I don't even know what a troll tag is.

And at least you admit you don't care about children, I would rather have honesty.

Looks like you don't even know why US is in the financial mess it is in. Its one reason why harmless drugs are being made legal by politicians so they can recoup the financial disaster they're in.

Jado

Banned
I don't even know what a troll tag is.

And at least you admit you don't care about children, I would rather have honesty.

You know, the thread topic is pretty serious for some of us who are minorities and have been affected most, or had friends/family affected, by the city's overzealous anti-drug police nonsense. Why derail the conversation with your bullshit flamebait posts? Go troll the latest console wars thread.

Induced a real-life face palm from me.

Batman

Banned
You know, the thread topic is pretty serious for some of us who are minorities and have been affected most, or had friends/family affected, by the city's overzealous anti-drug police nonsense. Why derail the conversation with your bullshit flamebait posts? Go troll the latest console wars thread.

I didn't know that wanting drugs off the streets is nonsense, I think most people in the world would agree with me that they want a drug free and violence free life, but maybe I underestimated the amount of people who have no problem with giving children easier access to drugs that destroy people's lives.

Suite Pee

Willing to learn
Beyond just saying that I think you should switch tags with Incognito, I have to at least let you know that drug use and socioeconomic status is a bidirectional relationship.

BlindRage

I didn't know that wanting drugs off the streets is nonsense, I think most people in the world would agree with me that they want a drug free and violence free life, but maybe I underestimated the amount of people who have no problem with giving children easier access to drugs that destroy people's lives.

You're right man, weed is a gateway drug. Why would people want it legalized

PJV3

Why would people worried by all of that want control of the drug trade in the hands of ruthless criminals, I think you're taking the piss.

It's hard to tell though.

So easier access to alcohol is fine by you?

Oppo

Only a matter of time before Canada follows suit. That was true before, but now it's clearly in the mail. Thanks NYC!

Batman is ignoring the hugely beneficial effects of marijuana consumption. It boosts cognitive recall, improves eyesight dramatically, can provide an increase in endocrine and immune responses, and reduces heart disease. I know, I saw it happen to my friends. I learned things.

Batman is literally doing a PSA from D.A.R.E.

w3RgehG.jpg

since Canada will elect a pro marijuana PM and government in 2015, it makes perfect sense that the biggest northern border state legalizes it

PBY

Banned

The fuck is this...

BoomBap

Neo Member
I would really like Batman to explain how legalization would lead to children having easier access. Do you realize how easy it is to get weed as things currently stand? Regulating its sale would only make it harder for minors to get there hands on it.

Then again it seem you are just trolling at this point...

Not everybody on weed gets mellow, some get extremely violent, some do extremely stupid and dangerous things that risk their and other people's safety, weed is like alcohol.

I think young Dick Grayson is fucking around on the bat computer under your account, Batman.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom