• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NYC GAF |OT| We get around in a hole in the ground

Jhoan

Wonderful thing about the city: always talk to all kinds of interesting people. I spoke to a white dude in his early 40s who's originally from Illinois and is a software developer. Said he hated the city the first 3 years he lived here but it grew on him in the past 2 years. He wants to leave the city though eventually since he feels it's a bit oppressive and misses nature and used to live in a suburb in St. Louis.

Penguin

I am gonna do my best to stay in and binge shows or just chug water like its going out of business.

Also is anyone in NYC_GAF a wrasslin fan? Going to SummerSlam or NXT/Raw next weekend?

I wish I could go to NXT Takeover/Summerslam and RAW but tickets are too much for my blood. I'd prefer to be up close to the action than sit up in the nosebleed sections. I'd rather just watch on TV if I had that choice but thats ok. Lots of wrasslin' next weekend! Ring of Honor is having a show at MCU Park on the 27th. Thinking about going but I can't plan too much ahead because of work or family stuff.

Idk how I survive these things. I was out in Astoria and took the N train but fell asleep missed the J transfer and ended up in Coney Island at like 4 am. Finally got a train and got on the J to only to miss my stop cause I dozed off.

I finally got home and the sun had come up.

Idk how I survive these things. I was out in Astoria and took the N train but fell asleep missed the J transfer and ended up in Coney Island at like 4 am. Finally got a train and got on the J to only to miss my stop cause I dozed off.

If this had been 80's new york...

Penguin

We need to get you on some Red Bull :p

Jhoan

Walking around my neighborhood with my brother, it feels like a military zone. The cops are out in full force on a few corner blocks and patrolling very heavily post-Dominican Day Parade.

I've seen tow trucks and fleets of cops on motorcycle on the St. Nick strip. I'm indifferent to it but it's still interesting to observe. Usually it gets pretty loud and chaotic but cops are aiming to keep it contained.

Walking around my neighborhood with my brother, it feels like a military zone. The cops are out in full force on a few corner blocks and patrolling very heavily post-Dominican Day Parade.

I've seen tow trucks and fleets of cops on motorcycle on the St. Nick strip. I'm indifferent to it but it's still interesting to observe. Usually it gets pretty loud and chaotic but cops are aiming to keep it contained.
When ever I finish a parade shoot I head straight the fuck home.

Took the AirTrain to JFK a few days ago for the first time and man I am pissed at how they dont accept Unlimited Metro Cards. I had no idea it cost money, and that it was $5 each way. Highway robbery >:/

That said, the ride was really pleasant and the quality of the train was nice too. I took the AirTrain at Newark few months earlier and man that shit was a mess. Held together by gum and shoestring.

Penguin

Took the AirTrain to JFK a few days ago for the first time and man I am pissed at how they dont accept Unlimited Metro Cards. I had no idea it cost money, and that it was $5 each way. Highway robbery >:/

That said, the ride was really pleasant and the quality of the train was nice too. I took the AirTrain at Newark few months earlier and man that shit was a mess. Held together by gum and shoestring.

Well it does take unlimited Metrocard because believe you actually pay a fare + the 5 bucks, but yeah

But why did you take a roundtrip? Meeting someone?

Well it does take unlimited Metrocard because believe you actually pay a fare + the 5 bucks, but yeah

But why did you take a roundtrip? Meeting someone?

Global Entry / TSA Pre interview (Thank you American Express :D). I was in and out in like 5 minutes, so I feel even more cheated about paying the AirTrain fare lol

I originally wanted to take it in the lower Manhattan location but I couldnt get one until mid October.

Coming to NYC via a train from NJ on Wed to see a Yankees game. Anything I should be aware of, have to try, etc? It will be my first time in NYC since I was a kid. :)

Jhoan

Coming to NYC via a train from NJ on Wed to see a Yankees game. Anything I should be aware of, have to try, etc? It will be my first time in NYC since I was a kid. :)
The OP has a ton of stuff so take your pick. There's way too many free events going on each day. How early do you plan to get into the city before the game starts?

Watch out for drunk fans on the way out the game since it will be super crowded and rowdy. I dread taking the train in the fall after a Knicks or a Rangers game ends since those people are the worst.

A quick update on the meetup sitrep: Brooklyn Brewery is confirmed for the initial meetup place. Will look at other places in the vicinity or back in Manhattan for the evening/later peeps. Aiming for the third or final weekend of September before NYCC. I plan to write the thread content this week to have the thread up by next week. Until then, I'm happy to have smaller gatherings.

Kisaya

It's official! I'll finally be back home to visit NYC from September 29th - October 5th. I can't believe it took this long considering how homesick I've been :'(

Me and Sai-kun will be going to the The Meadows Festival in Queens Oct 1-2. Will there be anything else going on while we're there?

It's official! I'll finally be back home to visit NYC from September 29th - October 5th. I can't believe it took this long considering how homesick I've been :'(

Me and Sai-kun will be going to the The Meadows Festival in Queens Oct 1-2. Will there be anything else going on while we're there?

I'll be going with some friends. Hyped for Kanye and Kygo!

I'm just excited that its not at Randalls Island.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Just remembered, was watching some competitive Overwatch over the weekend and apparently Buffalo Wild Wings is a sponsor? I guess you can catch ELeague stuff there now. I guess that's an option.

Penguin

Something else that seems fun

http://abc7ny.com/society/super-sized-corn-maze-featuring-super-mario-bros/1473208/

CqGemIRWYAAXNFQ.jpg

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Saw my first Midnight Cowboy moment. Old guy was crossing the street when this jeep turned the corner and nearly hit him (stopped just in front of his legs). Old guy gave the driver a venomous look and slammed the hood with his fist. Wasn't even fazed.

Kisaya

I'll be going with some friends. Hyped for Kanye and Kygo!

I'm just excited that its not at Randalls Island.

Oh god, me too. I only ever went once to Randalls for the Frieze art fair and it was awful trucking myself there. Where The Meadows is at used to be my old commute which was a lot more doable :)

Does anyone know a bit about real estate and rentals.

I have a major issue that might effect my ability to get housing in the future do to a lie from a former landlord.

David Cross talks about a specific homeless guy in his new special that I know I've seen.

The hi hitler guy?

Top Bottom