• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NYC GAF |OT| We get around in a hole in the ground

¿Qué? Why would you do that to yourself? That introverted? C'mon son.
Yes, I'm that introverted. Had the location been some place I didn't have to take like two trains to and two trains back I would've gone, but I don't really enjoy weekend subway service that much. I tend to get drowned out in large crowds any way, so me not being there is pretty much the same as me being there.

Jhoan

Yes, I'm that introverted. Had the location been some place I didn't have to take like two trains to and two trains back I would've gone, but I don't really enjoy weekend subway service that much. I tend to get drowned out in large crowds any way, so me not being there is pretty much the same as me being there.
Once upon a time I used to be like you but then I started working at cons and everything changed. I'm still an introvert but I have some extrovert qualities. Still like my solitary enjoyment too. Made it through the shitty weekend service too.

Once upon a time I used to be like you but then I started working at cons and everything changed. I'm still an introvert but I have some extrovert qualities. Still like my solitary enjoyment too. Made it through the shitty weekend service too.
Ehh...the break up with my ex and getting kicked out of my family within the span of 5 day fried me socially. I was never one for bars and large group meet ups any way. I think a group of five tops and more than that I'm just socially exhausted and just let everybody else talk.

Hey guys, here's the photos taken by those 3 cute korean girls i was talking to last night at Union Pool.

Makai and Jhoan, if you're into korean girls, next time i'll introduce you both =)

UXPDZ1E.png

6PFSswm.png

kooplar

Those Korean girls left me out of the pictures so my secret identity is still gaf unknown, but on the otherhand I have no evidence I went to this thing :'(

Jhoan

Hey guys, here's the photos taken by those 3 cute korean girls i was talking to last night at Union Pool.

Makai and Jhoan, if you're into korean girls, next time i'll introduce you both =)

UXPDZ1E.png

6PFSswm.png
Nice! I didn't know you were in your late 30s! Asians bathe in the fountain of youth living into 100. I reallly need to shave at some point this week since I don't want to have a shaggy beard by next week going into NYCC. It stays for now since I'm too lazy to shave it and it goes well with my hair let down, It's no Daveed Diggs, but it'll do.

Of course I'd be happy to know more Korean girls since they're pretty damn cool in my limited experience dating and having female Asian friends. I can say I'm from the cast of Hamilton.
Those Korean girls left me out of the pictures so my secret identity is still gaf unknown, but on the otherhand I have no evidence I went to this thing :'(
It's El Fuerte of course! I have the potato camera candid shot that I took that I need to upload from my phone.
eh... boring.
Boring as in you were carrying the conversation and was hoping it would be over or boring as in the person was interesting via text but not as fun in person? The first date is usually awkward, when in doubt give the second date a go and if it's still boring, fold.
Alright, I know I said Royal Palms is the best date spot but I need a recommendation for something in Midtown Manhattan.
I can only think of a handful of bars and Hudson Yards Park since that's been a solid go-to dating spot for me. I suppose Top of the Rock would be a good one like B-Dubs suggested.

Ended up doing Fort Tryon Park and exploring off-beaten paths at Inwood Park yesterday with Phil (the other Asian dude) yesterday. It got to the point where we had to use our phones as flashlights since it was so damn dark and was a bit creepy. We noped back when we saw a coat hanger on tree limb near a branching fork. We ended up on the connecting park that's next to La Marina. It was pretty damn fun reenacting Silent Hill/Fatal Frame although it made me realize that I miss the summer and extra sunlight already just not the humidity. Skunks are everywhere though since the rustling in the bushes were skunks lurking about.

I can only think of a handful of bars and Hudson Yards Park since that's been a solid go-to dating spot for me. I suppose Top of the Rock would be a good one like B-Dubs suggested.

I'm mostly looking for a good date bar in the area, nothing touristy/cheesy like Top of the Rock.

Jhoan

I'm mostly looking for a good date bar in the area, nothing touristy/cheesy like Top of the Rock.

I see. Beer Culture or Valhalla might be up your alley then since Pony Bar is kind of a small place and gets crowded quickly. I've gone to Valhalla outside of GAF meetups on numerous dates and girls like it. Beer Culture has some pretty solid reviews on Yelp and is cited as a hidden gem in the Theatre District. Both places are primarily beer bars with a huge selection of beers.

Forgot to say on here it was great talking to some of you the other night! Sorry I kind of dipped out suddenly I tend to do that when I'm drunk and in a loud crowded place. Union pool worked out great though

Penguin

How was that chicken tho?

That chicken was so damn good!
Wanted to get the plate, but seemed like too much food for a night of drinking.

Got the chicken sandwich though.

Forgot to say on here it was great talking to some of you the other night! Sorry I kind of dipped out suddenly I tend to do that when I'm drunk and in a loud crowded place. Union pool worked out great though

Ha yeah think we all looked up and wondered where you went.

Lulubop

I went to a dance party called the Rub, at the bell house with that girl I was talking to, aftet I had realized everyone was gone haha. I've heard of the place before, it was pretty dope.

what's up NYC GAF?
i'm going down to meet those downstate peoples and going to try and talk them into going to sticky's after trying the commodore chicken, i'm on a feen for chicken. that was so good, Penguin, thanks for ordering for me. if you were short,let me know and i can paypal you over whatever.

any other places you guys recommend for chicken/ wings/chicken sandwiches =)

Hey NYC Gaf, I'm gonna head to NYC to check out the Nintendo store and apparently video games NYC also.

I'll be visiting with one and possibly a few other coworkers. It's gonna be a day trip so what else should we do to have fun? I wanna drink, I doubt I'll be able to find anyone with bud safely...

I'm reading over the OP and I'm super interested and just wanna make it a fun day.

kuYuri

Have I posted in this thread ever? I don't think I have.

How old are you?

What is your occupation?

- Won't say for now.

What is your ethnicity/ethnic origin?

- Dominican

What part of the city do you reside in?

- Currently in Yonkers.

How long have you lived in the city (native, moved here, etc.)?

- Been in NYC since I was 6, though I'm currently in the suburbs as mentioned above.

If you moved to the city, where are you originally from?

- DR

What is your living situation like e.g. roommates, family, alone, or with your significant other?

- Parents, soon with roommate if things go well.

Can you name a spot/place/event in the city that people haven’t checked out but should?

- Nan Xiang Xiao Long Bao in Flushing, if it hasn't been mentioned. They got some dope soup dumplings.

Anything else that's on your mind?

- Nope!

I haven't been part of an official GAF meet-up since the MGS4 launch, although I ran into some people during that AMC Uncharted 3 event about five years back.

So tell me what you guys think. I graduated college this past spring, and I'm currently:

1) Working at a company that's about four minutes away from Penn Station, making $42,000 a year.
2) Living with my Grandmother in a large apartment about 10 minutes away from where I work, for free.

I like my Grandmother, and I love being so close to work, but I also really miss having my own place (even if my last place was just a tiny dorm room in college).

I am super close to renting a small studio in Rahway (very close to the train station) for around $900 a month. I'd have my own kitchen and bathroom, a decent-sized VR play area, and a nice place to set up my projector.

Would I be crazy to go for the apartment in Rahway?

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
So tell me what you guys think. I graduated college this past spring, and I'm currently:

1) Working at a company that's about four minutes away from Penn Station, making $42,000 a year.
2) Living with my Grandmother in a large apartment about 10 minutes away from where I work, for free.

I like my Grandmother, and I love being so close to work, but I also really miss having my own place (even if my last place was just a tiny dorm room in college).

I am super close to renting a small studio in Rahway (very close to the train station) for around $900 a month. I'd have my own kitchen and bathroom, a decent-sized VR play area, and a nice place to set up my projector.

Would I be crazy to go for the apartment in Rahway?

Stay there until you're making more, have decent savings, or have reached a point in your life where you feel you must live on your own.

Top Bottom