• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NYC GAF |OT| We get around in a hole in the ground

Fuchsdh

Every time people talk about the holidays with dread I feel like I live in a bizarro world. I love my family, don't have any real disagreements with any of them, and I couldn't care less if I run into old schoolmates.

Then again it's not like people need much prompting to find an excuse to drink during the week.

"What the fuck is a family?" Is pretty much my narrative for the last half of this year. I work my seasonal job of working the santa or rockette stations at RCMH and I'll go home to nothing,

Jhoan

If Black Friday deals don't kill my wallet, then maybe I'll come out and play on Saturday. I'm trying to save money. The only thing I'm looking to snag is that $100 New 3DS even though I would prefer an XL for my giant hands and a 64GB or 128GB micro SD. Anything else I'll play by ear.

I'm out running errands with the 'rent in the nabe. South Beach restaurant is giving away free turkeys all day with the catch being that one has to line up outside. My mom managed to get one and wants me to line up for another one. =/

so what's up?
It's hard to have a holiday with the family when you don't exist to your family so it's just whatever. Haven't dated since fucking July, which was a shitty ass date anyway. So it's just me, myself and I for most of Thanksgiving and then I work a few hours at me seasonal job and come back to nothing.

Jhoan

My Thanksgiving so far has been composed of seeing my old man who I haven't seen in over a year and running a few errands. I'm going to reconnect with my father and shoot him a text since my brother gave me his number. The situation at Standing Rock is on my mind.

I'm currently taking the bus up to Target try to get a New 3DS. Wish me luck.

I like to think that I have multiple families; my immediate family related by blood; my con family; my GAF family. It's all connected by common interests in the end of the day.

Penguin

My Thanksgiving so far has been composed of seeing my old man who I haven't seen in over a year and running a few errands. I'm going to reconnect with my father and shoot him a text since my brother gave me his number. The situation at Standing Rock is on my mind.

I'm currently taking the bus up to Target try to get a New 3DS. Wish me luck.

I like to think that I have multiple families; my immediate family related by blood; my con family; my GAF family. It's all connected by common interests in the end of the day.

Which Target?

Jhoan

Which Target?
River Plaza in The Bronx by the 1 train. I think everyone here is after a New 3DS including the dude in front of me so I'm expecting to come out empty handed. There's at least roughly 40 people ahead of me with kids to boot.

Jhoan

Anyone wanna grab drinks in the east village or williamsburg tn?

A few peeps are down for tomorrow. I drank way too much wine last night and woke up with a headache today that's since been dealt with. I might still be game for tomorrow provided that Black Friday doesn't kill my finances for the month. So far, so good today on not but it might change in a few hours. *knocks on wood*

I think we should do one last board game meetup in December. I had a blast playing Spyfall at Gaymer X East with some peeps a few weeks ago. That game was fun!

Lulubop

Probably working tomorrow night

If you wanna do a board game meet up, I'd suggest ABC beer Co.

Look it up and check it out.

Penguin

Probably working tomorrow night

If you wannq do a board game meet up, I'd suggest ABC beer Co.

Look it up and check it out.

Cheap ish beer
Grilled cheese

Large cafeteria like tables

Sounds like a plan

img_9724.jpg

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Union Square station:
Dunno what this is exactly but I walked past this wall tonight and it was filled with encouraging messages in the wake of Trump's win. One of those times I'm glad to live in NYC where I'm near sane people.

Makai

Dumbo is like a square mile, so we could start at Pedro's which is next to the subway station and then hop from there.

Lulubop

Guess I'll head out at 630 ish. gonna grab a drink with a friend.

I expected earlier so I started drinking already, gotta keep that buzz going

Jhoan

I'm in Jersey visiting my middle brother and the nieces. My father is determined to drink everyone me and my oldest bro under the table with his ultra high alcohol tolerance; drinking Dewar's whiskey with ginger ale but very slowly. I'm trying not to get drunk since I don't want to get a headache. I've been doing a good job so far. Watching the bro play Street Fighter V while I sketch him.

My mom is also here and it's very awkward; they have a frigid relationship since I was raised by her. My mom cleared the elephant in the room with him. My late grandfather would be happy to know that everything is cool. /family rant

The A train isn't running to my way. I'll try to make it depending on when I get back to Manhattan. I took a few pics of the old man.

Top Bottom