• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NYC GAF |OT| We get around in a hole in the ground

You guys are nice. I'm actually fine with chatting up strangers, just seemed like you all are close already.

Also, one part of me is going to be disappointed with seeing you folks because not one of you will resemble the image my brain has already painted.

[Agent]ZeroNine;226660432 said:
You guys are nice. I'm actually fine with chatting up strangers, just seemed like you all are close already.

Also, one part of me is going to be disappointed with seeing you folks because not one of you will resemble the image my brain has already painted.

Jhoan is actually a fair skinned irish lass.

Jhoan

[Agent]ZeroNine;226660432 said:

I look more or less like I do in my avatar except with much longer and tangled hair. That picture is about a year old. I keep meaning to update my avatar since I used it for Real Pic January and stuck with it. Actually, no I'm a big friendly Jew with a massive beard from Ireland.

Several months ago I realized that Lulubop was at the big EvilLore meetup after looking through that thread's pics again. It goes to show that everything that happens in the past, happens in the present.

Jhoan

Oh god, I forgot Real Pic Jan was around the corner.

Worst month on gaf.
I like Real Pic January. It's nice to know that people don't have to pretend to put on a persona and that there is a face behind the ridiculous name (except for folks who use their real name/full name)

People would say that you look like the Latino version of the guy from Johnny 5. Except that he was actually a white guy doing brown face as a Southeast Asian guy so that's racist. Perhaps you should consider doing it so you can blow people's minds. It blew my mind when the first words out of my mouth were that you're not a white guy.

Mully

Yeah I'd love to make a meetup, but I've got a lot on my plate and not enough money. I'm trying to scrounge up enough money to get a room in Woodside or Jackson Heights soon.

Speaking of which, does anyone have any suggestions? I want to be off the 7 Line and spend $700/month at maximum.

Jhoan

Yeah I'd love to make a meetup, but I've got a lot on my plate and not enough money. I'm trying to scrounge up enough money to get a room in Woodside or Jackson Heights soon.

Speaking of which, does anyone have any suggestions? I want to be off the 7 Line and spend $700/month at maximum.,
nbNeUCC.gif

I like Real Pic January. It's nice to know that people don't have to pretend to put on a persona and that there is a face behind the ridiculous name (except for folks who use their real name/full name)

People would say that you look like the Latino version of the guy from Johnny 5. Except that he was actually a white guy doing brown face as a Southeast Asian guy so that's racist. Perhaps you should consider doing it so you can blow people's minds. It blew my mind when the first words out of my mouth were that you're not a white guy.
If anyone here needs new head shots just let me know. Not free though, especially not in this fucking weather.

Lulubop

I look more or less like I do in my avatar except with much longer and tangled hair. That picture is about a year old. I keep meaning to update my avatar since I used it for Real Pic January and stuck with it. Actually, no I'm a big friendly Jew with a massive beard from Ireland.

Several months ago I realized that Lulubop was at the big EvilLore meetup after looking through that thread's pics again. It goes to show that everything that happens in the past, happens in the present.

What? I wasn't. The first one I went to was the one at the commons, like last March?

Sure, I'll be free since I'm done at Radio City in January.
Leaving my website here for samples:
http://www.marcusbeasley.com/

Are you coming to the meetup?

Speaking of which, does anyone have any suggestions? I want to be off the 7 Line and spend $700/month at maximum.

$700 means you'll have to look through Craigslist and possibly be with multiple people. Why Queens though?

[Agent]ZeroNine;226712179 said:
Would love to but I have work that night and most likely the day after that as well. I'm busy. My time really isn't freed up till January when I'm done working at Radio City Music Hall.

[Agent]ZeroNine;226750727 said:
::Looks out the window::

..fuck..

Seriously. I shoveled the front of my building and had to clean snow off the tops of pipes I have on my roof. Not how I wanted to start my weekend. Now its raining so it'll all turn to mush out there soon enough. Fun.

Mully

[Agent]ZeroNine;226712179 said:

$700 means you'll have to look through Craigslist and possibly be with multiple people. Why Queens though?

My girl lives nearby and it's close enough to my job. I've found a ton of rooms in 2-3 bedroom apartments for between $550-800 on Craigslist.

Penguin

I can be anal at times, but Jhoan mentioned that 2017 will be the 5 year anniversary of the infamous Evilore meet-up, and the 18th of Feb happens to be a Sat next year too...

So just putting it out there as possible next meet-up, Feb 18th at the GAF

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=462173

Also Houston Hall is really spacious

http://www.houstonhallny.com/

Double Edit!

Okay so here's what thinking
Feb - The GAF
April - Back to Brooklyn
June - Sony E3 Meet-up/Queens
July - Somewhere in Manhattan
August - Brooklyn
October - Brooklyn
Dec - Manhattan

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Guys... As a tourist.. What's the best between New York Pass and the NYC City pass? Or maybe they aren't worth it?

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
How much is the NY pass?

City pass is alright. The Met and American Museum of Natural History are both pay what you want. So you aren't saving any money there.

So there was a harpist playing in the lobby of my office building. Apparently she will be playing for the rest of the week too. Very soothing, there was a little crowd around her earlier.

Sigh no one appreciates how amazing the Bronx is....

Hey, this Brooklyn native loves the BX. I've had tons of good times there. Non-natives are afraid of it though. I'm sure once sections of the BX gets gentrified more people of specific backgrounds will love it ala Williamsburg/Greenpoint/Dumbo, Brooklyn.

Fuchsdh

How much is the NY pass?

City pass is alright. The Met and American Museum of Natural History are both pay what you want. So you aren't saving any money there.

I'm always bemused when the Met employees give me a dirty look for paying a buck or two to get in. I grew up in DC, the land of free museums, so you can't shame me. Plus, if the Met goes under it's not because of cheapskates like me, it's because they're busy blowing millions on expensive new buildings.

Top Bottom