• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NYC GAF |OT| We get around in a hole in the ground

if Tool and NIN are the only bands you recognize on those two posters full of extremely famous musicians you outta just lay down in yr dang coffin

if Tool and NIN are the only bands you recognize on those two posters full of extremely famous musicians you outta just lay down in yr dang coffin

I forgot about a tribe called quest, though I only know about them because there was a neogaf thread about them.....I'll just lay down in my coffin.

I have a ton of Tribe Called Quest in my Ipod, rarely ever in the mood to listen to it though. I'm not a rap person for the most part. I listen to Cocteau Twins, The Smiths, My Bloody Valentine and stuff like that. Meanwhile I've "heard" of some of the other artists there's no way I'm shelling out money to see Frank Ocean a group or person I've never heard a song of a day in my life.

Kisaya

Panorama looks awesome. Gov Ball is kinda weak this year considering they had great lineups for the past three-four years.

Probably won't go to either :( Hope they do The Meadows again despite how messy it was last year.

Jhoan

Can you guys please recommend me parties that play Top 40 music? Basically a club that plays the most popular pop artists right now like Chainsmokers, Drake, Rihanna and other electronic and tropical music artists.

I'm young and my friends are too, all 21 or so and we just want to dance and make friends with people around our age.

Peace.
This was post was overlooked. What's the most you're willing to pay for a cover charge? There's clubs that range from $5-$100+ with dress codes varying from jeans and shoes to business casual. Then there's drinks and it starts adding up quickly. Since you guys are young, I'm assuming you guys want to keep it cheap. There was a place that I went to with a bunch of GAF members two years ago along the border of the Chinatown/the Lower East Side. I forgot the name of it. If number47 is lurking, I'm sure he remembers the name of the place.

number47

one on one. 1st Avenue and east 1st?
16 candles/handles on second ave wasnt bad either. basically nyc has too many restaurants->mini dance bars. I blame the crowds and less on the djs.

yencid

Im going to be going to Panorama for sure. went last year and it was a blast.

And when it comes to dance clubs/restaurants with music/lounges, these are literally everywhere! The LES, Brooklyn, Upper manhattan all have plenty of spots.

Kisaya

Can you guys please recommend me parties that play Top 40 music? Basically a club that plays the most popular pop artists right now like Chainsmokers, Drake, Rihanna and other electronic and tropical music artists.

I'm young and my friends are too, all 21 or so and we just want to dance and make friends with people around our age.

Peace.

I recommend The Delancey, M1-5, and TBA Brooklyn. Didn't have to pay cover for any of them.

There's Output too if you wanna pay $$$ but cover it $15 if you pay online in advance (otherwise usually $30 at the door). It's not top 40 though but plenty of 20somethings and really good music.

gazele

Banned
Was honestly kinda disappointed in Sticky's Finger Joint I gotta be honest

The fries were good but the chicken was not as good as I had hoped

Is there a certain flavor that people think is the best?

Bronx-Man

Banned
I'm back in NY until next sunday, thank god. I'm planning on visting MoMA this friday, but other than that I got no plans. What's some good stuff to do tomorrow or through the rest of this week?

Caelus

Hey guys, anybody going to the public Switch event at NWS this Sunday? Looking for a group to go with, since I expect it'll be pretty crowded.

Penguin

Hey guys, anybody going to the public Switch event at NWS this Sunday? Looking for a group to go with, since I expect it'll be pretty crowded.

Just so folks know it's not at the Nintendo World Store, it's at a hotel on Avenue of the Americas and like 30th

(I'm going Friday)

Lulubop

Ayo it's fucking nice out here. Anyone around?

50 degree temperature changes, within in a week, in the middle of January. Fucking new yurk

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I didn't go to the summer meet up. I think I was just being depressed and anti social when that thing was going on. Only person that I've met on here has been David.

Ahh, shit. Probably thinking of someone else then.

That sucks. Should go to the next one, whenever that is.

Top Bottom