• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NYT: Obama returns to public life next week

Status
Not open for further replies.
God, I wish he'd just stay away like Hillary and Bush. Well, more like Bush than Hillary but you get the idea. Look into painting or something, Barry. Your existence just holds back the Democratic party like Hillary.

I don't want to vote for Trump. But if that's what it takes to get rid of Obama then so be it. It worked great for Hillary so it should work for Obama.

Pathetic.

Small venue? Dude could fill Soldier Field. Do that, please! I'd get to see him, then! Would be the biggest political pop of all time. Starts out at home, and the tour ends back in Germany where he originally started his foreign policy agenda while a candidate? This is sooooo incredibly deliberate.

Small venue? Dude could fill Soldier Field. Do that, please! I'd get to see him, then! Would be the biggest political pop of all time. Starts out at home, and the tour ends back in Germany where he originally started his foreign policy agenda while a candidate? This is sooooo incredibly deliberate.
Like... everything in politics?

Cocaloch

It's not about the size of the venue it's about the audience. The University of Chicago is not a smaller version of Soldier Field.

jfoul

God, I wish he'd just stay away like Hillary and Bush. Well, more like Bush than Hillary but you get the idea. Look into painting or something, Barry. Your existence just holds back the Democratic party like Hillary.

I don't want to vote for Trump. But if that's what it takes to get rid of Obama then so be it. It worked great for Hillary so it should work for Obama.

C'mon son...

Part of me wants Obama to start a Rally Cold War with Trump, with each trying to outdo the other for extravagance and turnout at their rallies.

Yeah, it'd be pointless, but we passed that particular hang up a while ago.

Dr.Acula

Banned
No way Obama talks about anything to do with Trump. He's going to give boring speeches about education or the environment or some other broad eternal concern. The question is, will Trump view that as some kind of direct attack and tweet about it at five in the morning two days later?

This is the stupidest fucking post I read in my damn life. Congrats on that achievement.

It's not about the size of the venue it's about the audience. The University of Chicago is not a smaller version of Soldier Field.
I know, I know. Just saying, he has the star power and then some to do a huge venue if he wanted to. Of course this small event serves an entirely different purpose and has a completely different tone.

roytheone

Yeah! And it only cost the safety of non-whites, rights of pregnant woman, the lives of sick people and, you know, the health of the WHOLE GODDAMN PLANET! But hey, totally worth it to get rid of Hillary and Obama am I right?

Beartruck

Why is he talking at Chicago? The last time I saw Chicago on GAF I was told it was an alt-right institution.

What are you talking about? Trump had to cancel a Campaign rally here because he was scared of how many protesters were waiting for him. Also, the women's march in downtown Chicago was half a million people. Also also, Illinois went to Hillary. Also also also, Obama was an Illinois Senator and lived here for many years. We love the guy and despise Trump. If there are any alt-right assholes around here they're commuting from the Wisconsin border.

BadAss2961

ht_obama_chewing_ll_1i9six.gif
This looks like Obama entering Taco Bell in the Demolition Man universe.

No way Obama talks about anything to do with Trump. He's going to give boring speeches about education or the environment or some other broad eternal concern. The question is, will Trump view that as some kind of direct attack and tweet about it at five in the morning two days later?

maybe

and if the government shuts down next week, he'll blame it on him too somehow

LOL Obama only has scheduled appearances for the future and hasn't said a fucking word in the press since he retired, and there's a person here already saying he needs to stay away.

I see you.
Sure he hasn't said anything yet but it appears like he plans to?

I love the guy. I miss him. But if he plans on coming out and getting involved and battling republicans, I just think it's a mistake.

Dems need to figure out where to go and find someone who can be a party leader that can hold office again. We can't rely on him forever.

Darkman M

Pure trash.

Sure he hasn't said anything yet but it appears like he plans to?

I love the guy. I miss him. But if he plans on coming out and getting involved and battling republicans, I just think it's a mistake.

Dems need to figure out where to go and find someone who can be a party leader that can hold office again. We can't rely on him forever.
The article:

And yet, Mr. Obama's supporters, who have been waiting eagerly for the former president to respond to his successor's accusations and policy reversals, are likely to be disappointed.

Even as he witnesses President Trump's relentless and chaotic assault on his legacy, Mr. Obama remains stubbornly committed to the idea that there is only one president at a time. Those closest to him say the former president does not intend to confront Mr. Trump directly on immigration, health care, foreign policy or the environment during any of his events.

IrishNinja

Every time Obama comes out, Kendrick's "DNA" should be playing in the background.

i'm okay with either of these

that's a pretty interesting post history you've got there

Part of me is actually hoping Trump gets re-elected at this point. If Trump winning the election got rid of Hillary, then him getting re-elected may get rid of Obama and deal the final blow to liberalism.

I know love GAF loves Obama. But this is one of the worst things he did. I can't believe there's people defending him on this. I really hope history judges him harshly because as I see it right now he's on his way to be considered one of the greatest Republican Presidents we've had.

If there's one thing I like about Trump's presidency, it's that he's catching the media and Dems left and right with things like this. Not always but sometimes at least.

Keep at it, Trump.

I don't support Trump. I didn't even vote for the man. But that doesn't stop me from supporting or agreeing with some of his policies and actions.

Terrible mistake.
My hope is that immigration enforcement and reform will prevent this from happening. I hope the Reps can get something done about it.

Loving this.
Don't commit to anything until you verify that the deal is going to work out for your country. That's pretty simple and logical and I'm glad America is taking this stance.

I agree with Trump on some issues and one of them is Obamacare. I hope he gets rid of Obamacare. Stick to it, Trump. Don't replace it. Just let it fail and blame Obama. It's not like this is anything new either. Dems did it to Bush with Afghanistan.

Yeah, Trump needs to put a stop to this and take control. This stuff is hurting America and helping Dems (and adversary states) undermine both him and the office of the POTUS.

Absolutely love Graham these days when I used to hate him.

"I bet most people voted for Clinton in this room"
"And you're mad."
"And you lost. And you can't get over it"

and

"I believe that most of you don't want to get this [Trump campaign/Russia link investigation] right."
"You just want to get Trump."

Under Obama people were afraid of new gun restrictions. And I think that fear was legitimate. Towards the end the Dems fully intended to pass things like "No fly, no buy" which was pretty much designed to strip people of their second amendment rights without due process.

I'm not a fan of a lot of the cuts but we really need to start somewhere and adjust as needed.

I wish he'd cut higher education more, though. We don't actually need to spend much on it if he's not going to do anything about the broken H1B system.

Thoraxes

He should get somewhere to speak where he can draw a larger crowd than Trump's inauguration so someone can compare the attendance again, lol

I'd love to see Trump's cries about false crowds followed by some false equivalence statements on twitter.

IrishNinja

Their contribution to this thread is basically a drive by shit post, but that poster is entitled to their opinion aswell.

No matter how nonsensical it is

sure, sure

but people should know it's a pattern, not just a once-over drive-by

I think any direct criticism of Trump will only happen once he's campaigning for our next nominee. Smart move, I think. Let a little time pass and give people more time to miss him. Let the nostalgia set in a bit and then throw a few jabs once you're less polarizing.

Yeah! And it only cost the safety of non-whites, rights of pregnant woman, the lives of sick people and, you know, the health of the WHOLE GODDAMN PLANET! But hey, totally worth it to get rid of Hillary and Obama am I right?
I guess he cares more about satisfying his emotions than the safety of our people. Hope Democrats ignore people like him and don't even try to bring them in.

i'm okay with either of these

that's a pretty interesting post history you've got there

I shouldn't meddle and it's not any of my business, but what exactly was the point of you taking the time and going thru this Gaffer's post history and then "exposing" him/her on this thread? Do you know how weird and outlandish that shit is? It's like you're tryna make him/her a target for some of the outraged and bait eating left leaning folks on here.

What exactly was the point of that? I find it incredible that you actually did that. As long as he/she is civil and not disrespectful that Gaffer is allowed to post his/her opinions. Some of you on the left disgust me and I am ashamed to be grouped in with ya'll although we are on the same side when it comes to many issues.

There is an ongoing war and free speech is the victim and it's the left and those who love their safe spaces and PC culture that are going to kill it.

I shouldn't meddle and it's not any of my business, but what exactly was the point of you taking the time and going thru this Gaffer's post history and then "exposing" him/her on this thread? Do you know how weird and outlandish that shit is? It's like you're tryna make him/her a target for some of the outrages and bait eating left leaning folks on here.

What exactly was the point of that? I find it incredible that you actually did that. As long as he/she is civil and not disrespectful that Gaffer is allowed to post his/her opinions. Some of you on the left disgust me and I am ashamed to be grouped in with ya'll although we are on the same side when it comes to many issues.

There is an ongoing war and free speech is the victim and it's the left and those who love there safe spaces and PC culture that are going to kill it.
I think you'd have a stronger argument if you had shown evidence you've ever listened to the other side of this debate. :/

I have no idea who you are, I browse with images and avatars off.

You'll clear up your misrepresentations of others through actual discussion and connection though, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom