• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NYT: Refugees and immigrants being detained at US airports right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mahonay

Banned
"Trita ParsiVerified account ‏@tparsi 30m30 minutes ago
More
I want to repeat: Green card holders were handcuffed, their social media was reviewed, and they were asked their views on Trump"

wow
crying-statue-of-liberty.jpg

KHarvey16

That's why i'm saying these protests have to be atleast weekly to remind people of the shit he pulls.

3 months from now people won't care anymore as long the aren't affected

it will be the new normal

Weekly protests of millions of people won't be maintained. If that is your threshold of maintaining hope you're doing the cause a disservice.

More
I want to repeat: Green card holders were handcuffed, their social media was reviewed, and they were asked their views on Trump"

wow

Trump needs TO FUCKING GO. He's not in his right mind, and Congress needs to ACT.

Diablos

More

wow
Do we have a second source.

I really hope this is fake.

If true... Hitler would be blushing at how this has been executed...

More

wow

And just to make it clear, the executive order didn't say any of this. This is just TSA having a field day. They're LOVING this.

We have officially crossed over into fascist dictator territory. How the fuck is this happening so quickly?

The groundwork was already there, but the previous administrations - as bad as some of them were - had some fucking moral backbone. I guess 70~ years is the amount of time it takes for people to forget about the flaws of totalitarianism, and we still have Japanese alive that were interned and Holocaust survivors, let alone veterans. But I guess the flaw in thinking that matters is that people would actually agree that was bad.

Seventy70

Everyone needs to squash this as fast as possible. Trump won the same way. They are slowly bringing the water to a boil.

Everything needs to be shut down until he is out of office. Strike for the whole country.

Got

Banned
More

wow

i need to see verification on this, please don't be true.

-Plasma Reus-

Service guarantees member status
There was a democrat on CNN FUMING. Telling the american people their elections have consequences, and Trump is doing what he said he'd do.

More

wow

Fucking hell, this is an attack on freedom of speech. He thinks he can be a fascist and tyrant, monster!

KHarvey16

GREAT explanation, I'm convinced, thank you HistoryGAF for that lesson.

The conditions that led to his rise to power and his ability to maintain it were specific and nothing like what we have now in their nature or scope. It's not a historically useful comparison.

How the hell is the cold war any kind of comparison to a democratically elected administration? That doesn't make any sense. If 75% of the country thinks this guy is wrong things will change.
Your anger isn't detracting from his point, though.

One weekend march, no matter how big it is, isn't going to do jack shit. It's gonna have to be weekly, daily. It's gonna have to disrupt everyday life in America to make it a focal point.

You're right that it's only been a week in. But he's right that as of now, that march did absolutely nothing but look cute on TV.

More

wow

Wow, if true that's some next level dictator shit. America gets worse by the day.

Tovarisc

And just to make it clear, the executive order didn't say any of this. This is just TSA having a field day. They're LOVING this.

Green-card holders also have a chance of getting in as “case-by-case exemptions,” says William Stock, the president of the American Immigration Lawyers Association. “We are hearing that some [legal permanent residents] are being admitted after lots of questions” from Customs and Border Protection agents, Stock says.
http://www.vox.com/2017/1/28/14425150/green-card-ban-muslim-trump

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Benjamin Netanyahu ‏@netanyahu (Prime Minister of Israel)

President Trump is right. I built a wall along Israel's southern border. It stopped all illegal immigration. Great success. Great idea

KHarvey16

Your anger isn't detracting from his point, though.

One weekend march, no matter how big it is, isn't going to do jack shit. It's gonna have to be weekly, daily. It's gonna have to disrupt everyday life in America to make it a focal point.

You're right that it's only been a week in. But he's right that as of now, that march did absolutely nothing but look cute on TV.

This is absolutely false. Again, plenty of reports of plans and ideas being held back or changed. Judging every action that doesn't immediately result in resignation a failure is incredibly dangerous. It's instant gratification nonsense and it will kill momentum.

It's literally physically impossible for Iran to start a War with the US. They have no way of attacking it.

That doesn't mean this isn't all fucked up and that Iran are in the wrong for not letting US citizens in, because that's the right move. But there is no chance of war with Iran, they can't attack mainland US.

It's not literally physically impossible for them to start a war with the US - There's about ten US embassies they could hit with SCUD missiles which I imagine would do the trick.

The conditions that led to his rise to power and his ability to maintain it were specific and nothing like what we have now in their nature or scope. It's not a historically useful comparison.

That is a matter of media and technology. Do not confuse the lessons of the past.

Lowmelody

Benjamin Netanyahu ‏@netanyahu (Prime Minister of Israel)

President Trump is right. I built a wall along Israel's southern border. It stopped all illegal immigration. Great success. Great idea

Had to google this to make sure it was real.

Don't know what I expected.

There was a democrat on CNN FUMING. Telling the american people their elections have consequences, and Trump is doing what he said he'd do.

And it's not just his voters that need to be told this, but the people who sat on their asses or voted 3rd party out of "protest" only to play Monday Morning QB when the inevitable happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom