• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NYT: Refugees and immigrants being detained at US airports right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sflufan

Banned
I've already contacted my Congressman and Senators to express my outrage over this, and I encourage others to do the same, even if they are Republicans.

I am gritting my teeth right now.....this is horrible. Hope the far right is happy that they are destroying America.

I do wonder when Civil War or something is going to happen. Just seven days in and things are getting worse moment by moment.

Civil war with who? I reckon most democrats arw against violence and going to war, why would they start now? Theyll do what they do best and sit the fuck down and reach across the aisle like they always have.

RPGCrazied

Really disconcerting. Where are the politicians that are standing against this? For whats right? This whole government needs to be flushed.

I've seen a few on twitter take a stance, but this is going to require more then just fucking tweets. Here is one from Senator Chris Murphy.

Chris Murphy ‏@ChrisMurphyCT 16h16 hours ago
To my colleagues: don't ever again lecture me on American moral leadership if you chose to be silent today.

Algebrah

this is so sad, i dont now what to say.
dont stop protesting american people. Tell other americans what trump does. Grow in Numbers. It cant be that 45-50% of the people are evil.

I agree with you....but I look at people differently now considering how many people voted for him.

RK128

Real talk

I dont think hes getting impeached. He also wont change his mind.

We're stuck with him for 4 years, and his party will keep spinning plates. And protests while nice, wont change anything. Because in the end people will just take a different route to work or stay at home to ignore it. Welcome to the 21st century. Technology and social media has changed the name of the game, and Trump played it better during the election and is still playing it better.

Then people need to ensure his four years are horrific for Trump and his party. The more he pulls moves and acts, the further people loath him. I wouldn't be shocked if history goes down (if America is still around in 4 years) making him look like one of the worst presidents in this nations history.

Incidentally, I believe this protocol will be extended to ANY person looking to enter the United States.

For instance, I'm a white Canadian male. Let's say I want to cross the border in Buffalo to watch the Bills play football. Customs officials could screen my Twitter profile, see that I re-tweeted Rachel Maddow's expose on Trump's ties to Russia and deny me entry as a potential threat to national security.

I mean, really... we're denying people entry to the country because of their political views now? That'll go over swimmingly
Because that's what the above is telling me because otherwise their views on Trump shouldn't fucking matter.

Man I'd go straight to Gitmo along with half of non-American Gaf.

photos from the seven countries identified in Trump's immigration curbs
https://twitter.com/ReutersWorld/status/825417946650595329
C3R5PztWIAAdyy4.jpg:large

C3R5PSrWcAEkQw0.jpg:large

C3R5PeJWIAEkisc.jpg:large

Quoting myself again. This is a site that, upon entering your zip code, will list your representative and (US) Senator to call them regarding a number of issues pertaining to Trump's executive orders.

I've been calling and calling. Some of them have full voicemails with no way to leave messages.

"The dual-citizenship ban doesn't apply to U.S. citizens who are also citizens of the seven nations singled out by Mr. Trump."

Still bad, but its really for british/european dual citizens.

EGM1966

what does this mean? religious tests?
Probably "now hold this Crucifix while eating this bacon sandwich".

Can't believe we're back to splitting people out based purely on religion (and I'm no fan of religion but c'mon this isn't how civilised societies are supposed to function).

Kaervas

Banned
Huh? What is funny about this? It will take decades so recover from what this insane motherfucker is doing, and that is only if his policies don't completely destroy the country.

I think the military industrial complex and your history of illegal wars and droning have done more to harm your reputation than keeping refugees out.

People of the world know you as a war mongering empire, whose secret agencies have been involved in countless coups and messing with other countries autonomy. Not to mention assassination attemps on other world leaders.

So yeah, fucking lol if you think this is going to tarnish your reputation any more than you already have.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Does a US Citizen even need a Visa to re-enter the USA?

Edit: Ah, the dual-citizen thing is for people like UK-Iranians, not US-Iranians.

mr_nexus

Banned
"Trita ParsiVerified account ‏@tparsi 30m30 minutes ago
More
I want to repeat: Green card holders were handcuffed, their social media was reviewed, and they were asked their views on Trump"

wow

And the GOP will keep sucking the fascist's orange two inch dick like the cowards they are.

Biske

Real talk

I dont think hes getting impeached. He also wont change his mind.

We're stuck with him for 4 years, and his party will keep spinning plates. And protests while nice, wont change anything. Because in the end people will just take a different route to work or stay at home to ignore it. Welcome to the 21st century. Technology and social media has changed the name of the game, and Trump played it better during the election and is still playing it better.

Seriously, who is going to impeach this guy?

Dems are weak as fuck, and Republicans are on board with this.

8 years fuckers.

sflufan

Banned
Just to clarify the WSJ article: what is meant are individuals who have non-US citizen dual nationality. For example, an individual who is a dual citizen of Iran and Canada would be subject to the ban, but someone who is a dual citizen of the US and Yemen would not.

It's still odious, but it's not suggesting that someone with US citizenship would be barred from the country.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom