• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NYT: Refugees and immigrants being detained at US airports right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

7threst

Benjamin Netanyahu ‏@netanyahu (Prime Minister of Israel)

President Trump is right. I built a wall along Israel's southern border. It stopped all illegal immigration. Great success. Great idea

Speechless... seriously fucked up...

Seventy70

I see lots of people that are upset about this but there no way for everyone to organize and do something right now. Little protests here and there aren't going to do the job. We need to go all in.

President Trump is right. I built a wall along Israel's southern border. It stopped all illegal immigration. Great success. Great idea

"Illegal immigrants" means African Jews. And no it wasn't the wall, it was Egypt stopping them on the way.

I feel so hopeless. What can be done? Who is rising against this? People against Donald Trump have to have a leader of some kind or else it will falter.

It's not literally physically impossible for them to start a war with the US - There's about ten US embassies they could hit with SCUD missiles which I imagine would do the trick.

I mean I guess, but is there anyone that thinks there is even a 1% chance that happens?

I more meant a full scale conflict. Iran doesn't have any sort of real military threat to the US. They aren't starting a war. They are banning US citizens from the country in response which is a great call

manakel

I saw this story as soon as I woke up this morning and I thought I was going to breakdown in tears. I am so utterly repulsed and embarrassed to be an American this week.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
I haven't found another source, but:

Shaun King ‏@ShaunKing

I am told that religious tests are indeed now being performed at our airports to determine Muslims from Christians from the 7 nations.

While mr Trump is president i Will not visit USA. Im swedish by the way.

Not going to give the us a single dollar. Fuck this president and fuck all republicans

Coffinhal

I see lots of people that are upset about this but there no way for everyone to organize and do something right now. Little protests here and there aren't going to do the job. We need to go all in.

Little protests are the beginning, it has only been 1 week since the inauguration, even with today's means of communication it'll take time

RDreamer

@joshgerstein
Minor example of weak vetting of Trump EOs: anti-terror one cites wrong provision of fed immigration law 8 USC 1222. Means 1202. Whatev!

Nabs

Shaun King ‏@ShaunKing

I am told that religious tests are indeed now being performed at our airports to determine Muslims from Christians from the 7 nations.

"Trita ParsiVerified account ‏@tparsi 30m30 minutes ago
More
I want to repeat: Green card holders were handcuffed, their social media was reviewed, and they were asked their views on Trump"

wow

Fuck.

Sigh.

ErichWK

DID it actually stop all illegal immigration?

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
Fuck it.

I'm Canadian, yet I feel compelled to write to my Member of Parliament about all this anyway.

Shaun King ‏@ShaunKing

Well that is terrifying. How about that separation of Church and State yeah?

Fucking Trump isn't even a Christian himself anyways

Real talk

I dont think hes getting impeached. He also wont change his mind.

We're stuck with him for 4 years, and his party will keep spinning plates. And protests while nice, wont change anything. Because in the end people will just take a different route to work or stay at home to ignore it. Welcome to the 21st century. Technology and social media has changed the name of the game, and Trump played it better during the election and is still playing it better.

kirblar

Shaun King ‏@ShaunKing

I would strongly recommend secondary verification with anything you get from him.

Trickster

Shaun King ‏@ShaunKing

So like, what the fuck are they doing? forcing people to eat pork?

Fucking insane

Saya

Where are the democrats? Why are they not seizing this moment to show solidarity with the affected immigrants? Why are they not shouting their opposition to this? So weak...

Fuck it.

I'm Canadian, yet I feel compelled to write to my Member of Parliament about all this anyway.

Write and let them know you'd support Canada taking in any refugees America has turned away, they've already gone through a vigorous vetting program.

All Canadians that would support this, please call your MP's office.

Friggz

Shaun King ‏@ShaunKing

what does this mean? religious tests?

Where are the democrats? Why are they not seizing this moment to show solidarity with the affected immigrants? Why are they not shouting their opposition to this? So weak...

There have been a number of Democrats reps speaking out on TV, twitter, and giving live press conferences...

He is not giving them any breathing room to even respond. The democrats definitely need a more focused leadership.

Boke1879

There was just a dem on CNN fuming over this. Dems all over twitter are talking about this.

Now of course I'd like them to do much more, but they haven't shut themselves in a room and aren't talking about this.

kirblar

They're fucking doing this as we speak. It's not their fault you're not seeing it.

syko de4d

this is so sad, i dont now what to say.
dont stop protesting american people. Tell other americans what trump does. Grow in Numbers. It cant be that 45-50% of the people are evil.

Seventy70

Little protests are the beginning, it has only been 1 week since the inauguration, even with today's means of communication it'll take time
I know what you mean, but Trump and his cronies are moving fast. It'll only take one terrorist attack to fragment the country.

what does this mean? religious tests?

216581003-wfg18.gif

UberTag

"Trita ParsiVerified account ‏@tparsi 30m30 minutes ago
More
I want to repeat: Green card holders were handcuffed, their social media was reviewed, and they were asked their views on Trump"

wow
Incidentally, I believe this protocol will be extended to ANY person looking to enter the United States.

For instance, I'm a white Canadian male. Let's say I want to cross the border in Buffalo to watch the Bills play football. Customs officials could screen my Twitter profile, see that I re-tweeted Rachel Maddow's expose on Trump's ties to Russia and deny me entry as a potential threat to national security.

I mean, really... we're denying people entry to the country because of their political views now? That'll go over swimmingly
Because that's what the above is telling me because otherwise their views on Trump shouldn't fucking matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom