• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NYT: Refugees and immigrants being detained at US airports right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sfedai0

Banned
Real talk

I dont think hes getting impeached. He also wont change his mind.

We're stuck with him for 4 years, and his party will keep spinning plates. And protests while nice, wont change anything. Because in the end people will just take a different route to work or stay at home to ignore it. Welcome to the 21st century. Technology and social media has changed the name of the game, and Trump played it better during the election and is still playing it better.

Thats not real talk. Thats defeatist talk there. People like you will just give up. Dont be spewing that negativity elsewhere please.

RPGCrazied

We should see some more backlash on Monday. Its wrong, but it is the weekend so don't expect much in the way of backlash. Politicians really do love their weekends off.

Zapages

Just to clarify the WSJ article: what is meant are individuals who have non-US citizen dual nationality. For example, an individual who is a dual citizen of Iran and Canada would be subject to the ban, but someone who is a dual citizen of the US and Yemen would not.

It's still odious, but it's not suggesting that someone with US citizenship would be barred from the country.

I'm not holding my breath... I believe that they will do something crazy with naturalized US citizens as well. :|

We need to stop the Muslim registry list! My guess is the next part of his agenda! :|

Joe T.

Incidentally, I believe this protocol will be extended to ANY person looking to enter the United States.

For instance, I'm a white Canadian male. Let's say I want to cross the border in Buffalo to watch the Bills play football. Customs officials could screen my Twitter profile, see that I re-tweeted Rachel Maddow's expose on Trump's ties to Russia and deny me entry as a potential threat to national security.

I mean, really... we're denying people entry to the country because of their political views now? That'll go over swimmingly
Because that's what the above is telling me because otherwise their views on Trump shouldn't fucking matter.

This was already happening to Canadians wanting to attend the Trump inauguration and the protests according to local news reports last week, minus the Twitter screening.

This is the dumbest thing I've ever seen. Let's look at actual terrorist attacks in the past.

9/11 - Saudi Arabia
Orlando - Afghanistan
San Bernardino - Pakistan/Saudi Arabia

None on the list. Even in it's utter stupidity, it still doesn't make sense.

Although I'm a British citizen, I was born in Somalia. Am I banned?

If your passport is from the UK, no

xoTDOOC.png

Okay, so does this change things for me?

RinsFury

I think the military industrial complex and your history of illegal wars and droning have done more to harm your reputation than keeping refugees out.

People of the world know you as a war mongering empire, whose secret agencies have been involved in countless coups and messing with other countries autonomy. Not to mention assassination attemps on other world leaders.

So yeah, fucking lol if you think this is going to tarnish your reputation any more than you already have.

Thought you were scoffing at what that person said.

But fuck, this is all true.

Except now we have truly crossed over to become the bad guys of the world. Flaunting it even.

I am so fucking ashamed.

Kaervas

Banned
Thought you were scoffing at what that person said.

But fuck, this is all true.

Except now we have truly crossed over the bad guys of the world. Flaunting it even.

I am so fucking ashamed.

It's easy. People see you as the world police. And everyone hates cops.

Gruco

Banned
This is the dumbest thing I've ever seen. Let's look at actual terrorist attacks in the past.

9/11 - Saudi Arabia
Orlando - Afghanistan

The Pulse shooter was from New York. One of the San Bernadino was from Pakistan, the other from Chicago.

Kifimbo

Ahmed Hussen, new Canadian Minister of Immigration, would be banned from entering the USA if he didn't have a diplomatic passport. He's a Somali-Canadian.

The Pulse shooter was from New York. One of the San Bernadino was from Pakistan, the other from Chicago.

I'm approaching it from Trump's bigoted view that those people were not "Real Americans."

Kind of like how he said Judge Curiel is Mexican despite being born in Indiana.

Whales

Banned
Benjamin Netanyahu ‏@netanyahu (Prime Minister of Israel)

President Trump is right. I built a wall along Israel's southern border. It stopped all illegal immigration. Great success. Great idea

I read this and thought it was made up

Then I searched twitter and realized it was a real tweet. Lmao...

Ahmed Hussen, new Canadian Minister Immigration, would be banned from entering the USA if he didn't have a diplomatic passport. He's a Somali-Canadian.

Me and my friends always joked about him becoming the only diplomat we'd ever send down just to annoy the American administration.

Not so funny now.

Pikma

Banned

9/11 - Saudi Arabia
Orlando - Afghanistan

Their country of origin is irrelevant

Linkura

"Trita ParsiVerified account ‏@tparsi 30m30 minutes ago
More
I want to repeat: Green card holders were handcuffed, their social media was reviewed, and they were asked their views on Trump"

wow

What the fuck.

Fucking country has gone to hell in just one week.

Zen Aku

I cant see a reason why anyone would want to go to the US right now unless you're a refugee and the only thing behind you is immediate death. It's a shit show over here.

Thats not real talk. Thats defeatist talk there. People like you will just give up. Dont be spewing that negativity elsewhere please.

Give up? Nah the people who gave up are the ones who saw a fascist coming into power and decides to stay home or vote 3rd party because of "muh purity".

I did my job. And I have to pay the price because of fuck ups who didnt vote Hillary.

UberTag

I thought the constitution meant something.

Apparently not.
It only means something when you're touting inane reasons on why you should be able to own a dozen handguns along with some automatic rifles for "hunting" or "tyrannical governments - as if this isn't one right now" or some other BS reason. Otherwise it can be dismissed and ignored.

ascii42

I cant see a reason why anyone would want to go to the US right now unless you're a refugee and the only thing behind you is immediate death. It's a shit show over here.

Maybe that's the strategy. No more illegal immigrants, because nobody wants to come here. Then, when Americans start trying to flee to Mexico, Mexico builds the wall to keep us out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom