• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NYT: White House Plans to Have Trump Ally Review Intelligence Agencies

Status
Not open for further replies.
b5-clarke.jpg

Trump's in for a rude awakening if he and his inner circle think this is going to play.

Just waiting for Trump to start his own Nightwatch.

A billionaire with his own private mercenary army / intelligence service is going to purge the American security apparatus to protect the future of an administration compromised, manipulated and possibly propped up by the Russians?

W.
T.
F.

Can someone check if the rest of Trump's party still has a pulse? What the hell are the Republicans doing?

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
This guy is literally planning to cripple America's intelligence capabilities - and by extension reduce their ability to protect the public from threats - for the sole reason to protect himself. WHAT the fuck is actually going on.

Link

The Autumn Wind
A billionaire with his own private mercenary army / intelligence service is going to purge the American security apparatus to protect the future of an administration compromised, manipulated and possibly propped up by the Russians?

W.
T.
F.

Can someone check if the rest of Trump's party still has a pulse? What the hell are the Republicans doing?
Allowing the mentally ill to purchase guns. Priorities, after all.

UberTag

Uhh

Uhhhhhhh

Nah, that's not shady at all....
You think that stuff's bad? You should read up on how DynCorp raked in hundreds of millions off State Department military contracts in Afghanistan in the months and years before and after that initial thread. They still had trouble paying back their loans, though.

Oh man, I can't wait to see what gets leaked about Cerberus Capital Management. The FBI, CIA, and NSA are probably licking their chops right now. Cerberus is a "vulture capital" firm, which buys companies on the verge of bankruptcy and does shady shit to make money before selling them off again. They are notable for having held Chrysler for a time between the dissolution of DaimlerChrysler and the merging with Fiat.

kevin1025

Banned

W.
T.
F.

That's half the plot of the Jon Voight season of 24. Who did a video for the RNC on Trump and spoke at the inauguration parade? Jon Voight. Coincidence?

UberTag

W.
T.
F.

If you were in the formative stages of reshaping the United States into an autocratic dictatorship, this is how you would go about it.

As for the Republicans, they don't seem to mind. They get to remain in indefinite power this way.

This guy is literally planning to cripple America's intelligence capabilities - and by extension reduce their ability to protect the public from threats - for the sole reason to protect himself. WHAT the fuck is actually going on.
Donny is making America great again. Just like he promised.

Kin5290

This doesn't sound legal on its face. The President can't empower some random guy to have broad investigatory and subpoena powers on a whim, can he?

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
If you were in the formative stages of reshaping the United States into an autocratic oligarchy, this is how you would go about it.

As for the Republicans, they don't seem to mind. They get to remain in indefinite power this way.

Donny is making America great again. Just like he promised.
It's just crazy how open he is about this stuff - he's just doing it, no apologies. And it's so obvious it's all for his own interest. Insane.

WedgeX

Banned
Truly terrifying. An independent Civil Service is necessary to a functioning republic when its headed by a politicized strong executive.

How long until an "independent" review of the courts by a guy who runs some private prisons?

Trump understands only one way to respond to anything said or done that doesn't go along with him- hit them hard. He attacks until they are no longer an annoyance/threat. That's it. It could be the maid or the CIA, either way he will do anything he can to damage them until he feels satisfied.

W.
T.
F.

Keeping quiet hoping this all blows over and goes away.

A purge of the intelligence community overseen by the Mass Effect bad guys sounds like such a great idea.

Cry more about judges and terrorism when you'll have crippled your country's intelligence capabilities, crooked motherfucker.

Donald Trump is a bigger security risk than any immigrant.

Syncytia

I say good luck with that.

The IC will stop them.

For real. I don't see how the IC could give a shit about playing nice with this guy. I bet they publicly denounce it but play nice for a little while until he crosses some line, then they release any dirt they have on him or more Russia stuff.

ezrarh

I don't care who becomes the next Democratic president but I hope they work to curtail the power of the executive branch. Yes, that would mean gimping themselves but I think for the sake of the country in the long run, we have to at some point say this is too dangerous. Maybe we'll make it through Trump okay but what if we get another guy 30 years down the line that's even worse?

Acorn

I fucking knew he was laying the groundwork for this even before the times story. The planted leaks about the agencies withholding info in the presidential briefings etc.

I hope someone in the know goes HAM with everything they have on this cunt.

Acorn

A purge of the intelligence community overseen by the Mass Effect bad guys sounds like such a great idea.

Cry more about judges and terrorism when you'll have crippled your country's intelligence capabilities, crooked motherfucker.

Donald Trump is a bigger security risk than any immigrant.
He wants an attack to happen. Look at how it saved bush.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
I don't care who becomes the next Democratic president but I hope they work to curtail the power of the executive branch. Yes, that would mean gimping themselves but I think for the sake of the country in the long run, we have to at some point say this is too dangerous. Maybe we'll make it through Trump okay but what if we get another guy 30 years down the line that's even worse?

This entire administration is proving to be a real cautionary tale, one in which many lessons are bring learned.

It will be much, much sooner than 30 years. The white nationalists have a taste of power now, but Trump is too stupid and self serving to be as effective as they'd like. Next time they'll have a true believer that has the celebrity, charisma and populist message of Trump, but with intelligence and less unpredictability.

Glix

W.
T.
F.

Investigating the leaks!

Its almost at the point where they should be held criminally culpable when the shit hits the fan. Their willful ignorance over what is going on is astounding.

sohois

Even if Trump is a moron, surely this Feinberg guy can't be so foolish as to think he can just stroll into the NSA/CIA and start pushing them around to protect the administration? I mean, Cerberus are not some chump company that just got rich through their daddies, I presume they must be reasonably intelligent to have got to where they are.

Not that I'm suggesting that sudden revelations of Feinberg's fetish for weird prostitutes, leading to the breakdown of his family life, leading to a distraught man 'committing suicide' would have anything to do with the intelligence agencies.

Glix

He wants an attack to happen. Look at how it saved bush.

Although conspiracy theory-ish, I give credence to the idea going around that they are going to have people infiltrate the protesters at the rally this weekend to make sure things get very very violent. They are desperate to change the narrative.

I think if the Libs down there are smart they will have a counter rally at a different location. I would stay far far fucking away from the Trump rally when they are this desperate.

UberTag

Truly terrifying. An independent Civil Service is necessary to a functioning republic when its headed by a politicized strong executive.

How long until an "independent" review of the courts by a guy who runs some private prisons?
Donny has to save some of his fun announcements for Month 2 and beyond.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
This isn't going to stop allies.

If you were in the formative stages of reshaping the United States into an autocratic oligarchy, this is how you would go about it.

Oligarchy? This is becoming an authoritarian dictatorship, plain and simple. You fall in line with Trump or you're out.

This exact story has happened again and again worldwide and it's happening in the US right now as we speak.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom