• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Occupy Wall St - Occupy Everywhere, Occupy Together!

Status
Not open for further replies.

daycru

Wrestlers take aspirin to thin the blood before they cut their heads in order to make it more gruesome.

Doubt that guy was trying to pay homage to the Nature Boy.

minus_273 said:
=
images16.jpg

mark my words this will be an iconic image of the victory of the proletariat. this is our generations tank man. OWS is our generations berlin wall!

So how about you stop being a jackass and actually state what you truly believe. Instead of trying to be a stealth troll.

eznark

Banned
akira28 said:
So are we still distracted from the fact that his head was probably opened up by a police baton? For basically embarrassing a police officer in public?

According to The Atlantic:

Update (2:28 p.m. EST): The cordon around the park has eased. Reports on Twitter say police are allowing people out, and Bruner confirms via text. New York Daily News tweets that the injured cop "was cut on hand by a thrown glass object during #OWS #N17 protests in NYC." As for the injured protester, rumor on the ground is that he wasn't hit by a baton, as first thought, but that he fell when police arrested him forcefully. He had reportedly been kicking barricades earlier.

marrec

Banned
Manos: The Hans of Fate said:
No, I'm saying it may have occurred when he fell or was on the ground.

I think we can apply Occam's Razor here and say that he was hit with a baton. It's a completely reasonable assumption considering the previous actions of the police today. Also, in other pictures, I cannot see other people with hair that is wet. It looks like it's all blood.

Again, head wounds bleed a lot.

eznark said:
According to The Atlantic:

Well, there you go.

Alucrid said:
When the cops catch you and then you resist arrest, then what?

Catch you for what?

That is the pertinent question.

They don't even beat up real criminals like that, usually - even if they resist arrest. That dude (ostensibly, given the photo; perhaps it is some sort of wrestling effect, right?) got his shit opened up for flipping a cop's hat off.

[EDIT: I'm going to wait for the fact on the ground before I accept the rumor on the ground. Why are journalists reporting rumors?]

akira28

No, I'm saying it may have occurred when he fell or was on the ground.

You know police still like to put people in the back of a squad car, handcuffed and unstrapped, and give them a 'brake job', right? They're also very adept at helping people when they "fall". They may have hit him with a stick, or maybe he tripped? I guess we won't know until someone with video comes forward.

Hex

Banned
minus_273 said:
=
images16.jpg

mark my words this will be an iconic image of the victory of the proletariat. this is our generations tank man. OWS is our generations berlin wall!

Yeah, with that shit I am out of here.
The stupidity factor is just far too deep in here.

Alucrid

Banned
marrec said:
I think we can apply Occam's Razor here and say that he was hit with a baton. It's a completely reasonable assumption considering the previous actions of the police today. Also, in other pictures, I cannot see other people with hair that is wet. It looks like it's all blood.

Again, head wounds bleed a lot.

Well, there you go.
Why would a cop carry a razor? Oh the cop earlier probably cut himself with his razor

marrec said:
Well, there you go.
Which is what I'm saying and that combined with the elements (you can see the ground is wet) and his own natural body fluids made it seem far more horrific.

akira28 said:
You know police still like to put people in the back of a squad car, handcuffed and unstrapped, and give them a 'brake job', right? They're also very adept at helping people when they "fall". They may have hit him with a stick, or maybe he tripped? I guess we won't know until someone with video comes forward.
What about the report from the Atlantic that was just posted?

Jak140

kame-sennin said:
First hand account of the raid:
Me: "You understand this is an appeal right? And legally you have to uphold the latest ruling, which says let us in. Right now you're in contempt of court."
Security: "You'll be let back in soon enough and look, you'll have a nice clean park."
Me: "Yeah a little too clean. We're missing a few things."

Bloomberg and the NYPD's strategy seemed to be ignore the legality until the legality is in their favor. They didn't want to have to let us back in immediately because it would mean we could have our tents and structures. Around 5 pm the ruling came in and we lost and they announced we'd be let back in with many caveats. There

http://danielmwolff.blogspot.com/2011/11/on-november-15th.html

Somehow I doubt one hundred cops surrounded Bloomberg's office before carting him off to jail when he illegally prevented the protesters from reentering the park.

marrec

Banned
Which is what I'm saying and that combined with the elements (you can see the ground is wet) and his own natural body fluids made it seem far more horrific.

What about the report from the Atlantic that was just posted?

I'm sure there is probably some shaky video of the dude being arrested somewhere. I have no problem believeing the injury was sustained whilst he was struggling mightily to get away from the cop he just provoked.

richiek said:

I need to start a new thread about my psychic powers.

marrec said:
I'm sure there is probably some shaky video of the dude being arrested somewhere. I have no problem believeing the injury was sustained whilst he was struggling mightily to get away from the cop he just provoked.
I'd like to confirm the theory myself so I hope so.

I never thought I could cite to Ric Flair and The Great Muta in a legal argument on an injury. lol

Fenderputty said:
Someone forgot their sarcasm detector today.

The problem is he hasn't stated where he truly stands. I figured it was sarcasm a few posts ago but now I'm not sure.

If he disagrees with the positions of OWS then he should state as such instead of hiding behind stupid sarcasm.

marrec

Banned
I'd like to confirm the theory myself so I hope so.

I never thought I could cite to Ric Flair and The Great Muta in a legal argument on an injury. lol

Many witnesses are saying it was done when he was put on the ground. So no Baton action it seems.

That'll teach him to kick barricades.

ClovingSteam said:
The problem is he hasn't stated where he truly stands. I figured it was sarcasm a few posts ago but now I'm not sure.

He doesn't need to, nor should it matter. He's clearly a fucking asshole.

jaxpunk

marrec said:
Many witnesses are saying it was done when he was put on the ground. So no Baton action it seems.

Oh so wait he was kicking barricades and caught a beat down? hahaha good on the cops then!

eznark

Banned
marrec said:

Looks like either A. while he was struggling on the ground or B. the cops walloped him after he was restrained:

f08b3bcc-bfba-4234-bb94-d71290acea4e_500.jpg

7813c50a-c0e7-44a0-86bd-00398f600576_500.jpg

minus_273 said:
you havent clearly stated where you stand. are you part of the 99% or the 1%?

I support the ideals of the OWS crowd but will not support violence, nor the idea that we should put a limit on how much individuals can make. I do believe something must be done legislatively and that the top earners are not paying their fair share.

Now, your turn.

Evlar

Banned
To anyone uncertain about whether to engage minus or not, here are his previous contributions to this thread:
minus_273 said:
I just want to say that this is my favorite gaf thread. I am really happy the OWS movement exists.

The most beautiful thing about this thread is the bunch of angry/lazy/rich hippies in a fishbowl who think they are actually making a difference in the world. the futile rants and frustration as you encounter the real world is hilarious. keep posting, please!
minus_273 said:
i really dont think anyone cares about upper middle class radical squatters when there is actual news. if i didnt come into this thread i wouldnt have know about oakland and i only come in here for the entertainment value (people getting angry on the internet!! raaage!)

i think the events in syria and the EU are far more important and the only people who care are the far and left right who seem to feed off each other.

someone said that if the movement is successful (lol) i should thank them. could someone tell me what the movement is actually about because to be this is as funny as the tea party except they didnt smell as bad (i went past one of the local sqatter camps in my city recently) and werent as violent.

to real people with jobs, ows is just the latest incarnation of the anti war/anti globalism/etc generic protester with no message that wants to smash things and burn cars.

Dude Abides

Banned
ClovingSteam said:
I support the ideals of the OWS crowd but will not support violence, nor the idea that we should put a limit on how much individuals can make. I do believe something must be done legislatively and that the top earners are not paying their fair share.

Now, your turn.

His tag suggests he's a devotee of the cult of Rand. That would be consistent with his trolling. I don't think you need to inquire further.

.GqueB.

Banned
minus_273 said:
why arent you part of the direction action against the bourgeois?
I have to make changes to this Core Detail Aid so we can route to clean tomorrow. Its up in editorial so Im waiting for it to get back to me.

minus_273

Banned
ClovingSteam said:

Now, your turn.

I think i have clearly posted the position I support. income cap. Every man will be a king.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
http://www.reddit.com/r/occupywalls...lice_have_blocked_the_entrances_and_exits_to/

edit 2: 2:07 PM, the police are now allowing people back in and out of the park. It is still unclear why the police action happened. There was a man beaten severely by the police with blood in his hair and face, his items confiscated (I believe he was arrested but there are conflicting reports)

edit 3: 2:24 PM, The man described earlier, possibly nicknamed "Romania," was reportedly kicking/messing with the barricades, before being tackled from behind by police and beaten severely. There are reports of another person, a woman, being beaten in the face, and two believed undercover cops have been chased out. A CNN Spanish correspondent claims to have been turned away even after showing the police his press credentials (I wrote earlier that he said they told him "go practice your freedom of speech somewhere else," but I believe now thanks to parkinsg that this was not a quote from a police officer, but the reporter being facetious. Sorry for the misunderstanding)

edit 4: 2:30 PM, A man caught one of the undercovers on video, should be on youtube shortly. This is his face: http://i.imgur.com/1q7j3.png

edit 5: 3:00 PM, An estimated 1,000+ (looks much larger now) protestors are marching down Broadway toward Union Square to meet up with other protestors. Many people in traffic and storefronts are showing support for the marchers

edit 6: 3:08 PM, "Romania" reportedly has a skull fracture, and there are reports of excessive police violence against a 50-something-year-old MEDIC, as well as others

edit 7: 3:40 PM, Union Square is fucking PACKED. Just a sea of heads.

Yeah, it's just like blading in pro wrestling, totally harmless. The rain just makes it look worse than it really is.

minus_273 said:
I think i have clearly posted the position I support. income cap. Every man will be a king.

So instead of debating the issues you just are looking to troll. Hmm, you should run for office as a Republican. You'd fit right in.

Angry Fork said:
OH NO WW3 is going to break out for tipping off a cops hat.

Yea this is what I'm talking about. This mentality is all within the police state as well which is why I have little sympathy for them.

It's absolutely bizarre that some people talk about cops as if they are inhuman violent beasts. 'If you poke a grizzly bear, it's your fault if you get mauled!'. It's like there is no concept that the police are here to protect and serve the public, and that they must act with restraint and digression at all times. It's they who should be careful about the way they treat us.

minus_273

Banned
ClovingSteam said:
So instead of debating the issues you just are looking to troll. Hmm, you should run for office as a Republican. You'd fit right in.

you will thank us when the revolution happens. everyone even the 1% will benefit from it.

richiek said:
http://www.reddit.com/r/occupywallstreet/comments/mfxqi/police_have_blocked_the_entrances_and_exits_to/
You can do better than that. I mean it's reddit.

Yeah, it's just like blading in pro wrestling, totally harmless. The rain just makes it look worse than it really is.
Correct.

New Info
3:36 PMchristinaboyleThe man injured by police was photographed by a colleague kicking police barriers and wearing a mask shortly before the incident #ows

Read more: http://live.nydailynews.com/Event/S..._raid_on_Occupy_Wall_Street_NYC#ixzz1dzw9DZJ0

talisayNon said:
Hilarious CUNY students bitching about tuition raises. Wonder how the NYU students feel. Must be so awkward

Why is that so odd? Many CUNY students are/were poor immigrants and minorities looking for an affordable quality education (like me on all counts, for example). Mind you, while CUNY is the best ticket in town for affordable quality education, constant tuition hikes kind of fuck the game up on the "affordable" part, especially when those people who are trying to get educated aren't getting higher wages to cover that cost - or more jobs to try to earn that extra cost.

It also fucks the game up when the state tries to slash budgets for CUNY and SUNY, meaning that the quality of the education decreases (less teachers, less supplies, etc).

NYU kids - and pretty much every college kid in the city - should be salty about tuition hikes too. They're especially fucked, since they have to finance their educations with crazy loans or big-ass money.

BenjaminBirdie said:
I'd recommend avoiding Daily News coverage. I believe they (or was it the Post?) consider OWS a (LITERAL) affront to the city's "DIGNITY".

Yup.

Dignity.
That sounds like the NY POST. Especially if it had a shitty pun.

The thing is though that it gels with what the Atlantic said stating that the kid feel on the ground and was not hit and kicking barriers. The detail is more that he was wearing a mask.

captmcblack said:
Why is that so odd? Many CUNY students are/were poor immigrants and minorities looking for an affordable quality education (like me on all counts, for example). Mind you, while CUNY is the best ticket in town for affordable quality education, constant tuition hikes kind of fuck the game up on the "affordable" part, especially when those people who are trying to get educated aren't getting higher wages to cover that cost - or more jobs to try to earn that extra cost.

It also fucks the game up when the state tries to slash budgets for CUNY and SUNY, meaning that the quality of the education decreases (less teachers, less supplies, etc).

NYU kids - and pretty much every college kid in the city - should be salty about tuition hikes too. They're especially fucked, since they have to finance their educations with crazy loans or big-ass money.

2500 and if you're poor you're eligible for financial aid. *tiniest violin gif*

talisayNon said:
Damn that's cheap. I mean seriously you be that idiot women from MTV's True Life I Drink To Much who couldn't even hold down a part time job at a strip club well and still afford that. That said there is nothing wrong with low cost college. I mean it's how immigrants and poorer Americans have helped to better themselves for decades.

eznark

Banned
That sounds like the NY POST. Especially if it had a shitty pun.

The thing is though that it gels with what the Atlantic said stating that the kid feel on the ground and was not hit and kicking barriers. The detail is more that he was wearing a mask.

You can't trust conservative rags like The Atlantic

talisayNon said:

You have to be really, really poor - not just working poor, like most of the poor people trying to better themselves in CUNY - to qualify for and receive that aid. If you're a kid working at Foot Locker making 22k a year, you won't get shit - and that $2500/semester is a lot of your money, especially given you're probably operating paycheck-to-paycheck in NYC on 22k/yr.

But yeah, fuck them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom