• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin |OT| Are you a Kane guy? Hell NO! I'm the tag team champions!

Entropia

No One Remembers
Just make sure you shake his hand.

Lest we see this tweet:
A friend RVD made comment few week back..now I no why, i say a small gaf poster called a pretty panda did hay shake my hand no! Yes I said SMALL!!!

I bet RVD will be wandering around the convention anyway so he could infact "make comment"

You don't have a logo. I do.

HarFe.jpg

I still don't get Ryback guys, especially after last week. He can't work, he gets gassed early, he's a liability to competitors in the ring, he can't speak, he looks silly when he does his marching. Other than his monstrous roid body I don't get what people see in him.

Other than that and Cena RAW was pretty solid last night. The interactions between Punk and Vince were great. Whilst I feel like I should have hated the main event given it was Punk being beaten on by a 60 year old non-wrestler, the match itself was entertaining enough and had a certain attitude-era nostalgia about it which led to me enjoying it.

Ryback's booking was pitch perfect last night. They trotted him out early, adjacent to Cena in order to hype up the crowd then used as a dangerous hoss and genuine threat to the champion.
That said, it seems like the dude can't work so they realistically should keep him out of the main event for now but if they do I'm not overly worried. The potential winner of Ryback/Punk is a bit of a mystery and Punk does seem to have that rare talent of pulling good-great matches out of shitty competitors (Lawler, Vince, Big Shoe, Kane).

Also, giving Punk the options of Cena or Ryback is a good premise. If he chooses Cena then he's just adding to the mythos of The Ryback, but if he doesn't it means we get a new feud and a PPV where I'm genuinely worried about Punk being able to win.

Probably because he was in pain, after he emerged from his table dive he looked absolutely knackered.

Vince's suicide dive over the table is one of the best things I've ever see him do.

somedevil

Here is a cleaner version of the Punk Incident:

Y0J45.gif

The fan in the white hits Punk in the head and then retreats behind the fan who Punk hits. What a dick that kid was and Punk shouldn't have swung back though.

Here is a cleaner version of the Punk Incident:

Y0J45.gif

The fan in the white hits Punk in the head and then retreats behind the fan who Punk hits. What a dick that kid was and Punk shouldn't have swung back though.

its funny how when you see both gifs the guy who pushes punk has that "holly shit" look on his face when he hits poor glasses guy. It sucks cause glasses guys hand his right next to punk's head making it look like he did it lol

Aiii

So not worth it
I'm Team Punk all the way. To be honest, I wouldn't be suprised if they were a legit item given Punk's track record and the way they interact btw.

But I don't think AJ's reduced screen time on this Raw had anything to do with her getting blamed for the ratings, just with the show being packed and AJ, aside from being the wacky GM, having no storyline.

It's creative that got the blame for the writing, that's why they fired (demoted to consultant) the head writer after 10 years of service.

Anyway, I'm all for any storyline that keeps AJ on TV, I've been dreading the moment she's not on every week since her break-up from Daniel Bryan and it hasn't happened so far, so fingers crossed for continued exposure of AJ. She is their top Diva as far as popularity goes still, she's young and she's dedicated to wrestling so she has a very low "flight risk".

Team AJ!

Aiii

So not worth it
The guy Punk hit is on YT:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bp5HEXtT6Tk

WWE told TMZ.com:

“WWE security was unfortunately not in the appropriate place at the time. Given CM Punk’s persona as a ‘bad guy’ fans were naturally heckling him, but unfortunately a few fans began shoving him and one struck him in the kidney and on the back.”

“WWE regrets that proper security measures were not in place, and CM Punk apologizes for reacting in the heat of the moment.”

Aiii

So not worth it
Police in Sacramento, CA have interviewed a WWE fan who was punched in the face by CM Punk during a live televised event Monday night ... TMZ has learned.

The incident occurred on "Monday Night Raw" -- when Punk went into the crowd after a match ... and several fans began to get physical with him.

At first, Punk shrugged off the fans ... but the wrestler snapped when someone made contact with the back of Punk's head.

Punk unleashes a punch at the person he thinks hit him ... taking the guy down hard.

The victim met with police shortly after the incident ... and a rep for the Sacramento County Sheriff's Dept. tells us the man didn't appear to have any major injuries that required medical attention.

But later that night, the victim re-contacted police ... and said he had developed pain in his knees.

Cops say officers took the victim's statement and are determining whether to conduct a full investigation into the matter.

A rep for the WWE tells TMZ, "WWE security was unfortunately not in the appropriate place at the time. Given CM Punk's persona as a 'bad guy' fans were naturally heckling him, but unfortunately a few fans began shoving him and one struck him in the kidney and on the back."

The rep adds, "WWE regrets that proper security measures were not in place, and CM Punk apologizes for reacting in the heat of the moment."

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2012/10/09/cm-punk-police-attack-wwe-saramento/#ixzz28pusfXSb

He wasn't struck in his knees?

Doesn't matter. What Punk did was stupid. If you're going to assault a spectator in the year 2012 (aka the era of lawsuits and always being 60 seconds away from anything you do in public going on the Internet to be hyperanalyzed), you better make sure you have the right one.

Although I blame arena security more. Why did none of them follow Punk to protect him from the crowd?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Doesn't matter. What Punk did was stupid. If you're going to assault a spectator in the year 2012 (aka the era of lawsuits and always being 60 seconds away from anything you do in public going on the Internet to be hyperanalyzed), you better make sure you have the right one.

Although I blame arena security more. Why did none of them follow Punk to protect him from the crowd?

Even then, you're expected to NOT do this. What was the fallout with the brawl about 5 or more years ago with that NBA team where all hell broke loose? My memory is bad - any NBA-GAF here?

Aiii

So not worth it
I am pleased by your responses. Also, I need an angle where AJ secretely marries a drugged out Stephanie McMahon now.

McNei1y

Even then, you're expected to NOT do this. What was the fallout with the brawl about 5 or more years ago with that NBA team where all hell broke loose? My memory is bad - any NBA-GAF here?

Artest/World Peace was suspended for 86 games and lost 5 millions dollars. This was the most severe case punishment of all those involved.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Artest/World Peace was suspended for 86 games and lost 5 millions dollars. This was the most severe case punishment of all those involved.

God damn, was he? Holy christ, and here I thought there were relatively minor issues with that brawl. Gok dammm~

Kaladin

Vince = ratings

Monday Night Raw averaged 4,108,000 viewers, up more than 600,000 from last week. Also of note, the drop from hour 2 to hour 3 was only 2,000 viewers.

#1 4,191,000
#2 4,067,000
#3 4,065,000

Aiii

So not worth it
Raw scored a 2.8 rating last night, up from 2.5 last week. Not that much of an increase, wouldn't you say?

Mweh, it's as good as they can expect to do with 3 hours and NFL on. Let's face it, last night's Raw was easily in the top 5 of the year as far as quality goes, what else could they do?

Alucard

Banned
Mweh, it's as good as they can expect to do with 3 hours and NFL on. Let's face it, last night's Raw was easily in the top 5 of the year as far as quality goes, what else could they do?

Vince can't keep popping up every time there's reason for concern. He's still relying on fans' association with the Attitude era instead of building up current talent.

Top Bottom