• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin |OT| Are you a Kane guy? Hell NO! I'm the tag team champions!

Izick

Definitely. I still mark out a bit when I hear some music...especially when it's a very good crowd. I cheer at home when I hear Daniel Bryan's music go off. And I'm not gonna lie, I do love Cena's music for the first 5-10 seconds. Then I get annoyed when he talks to the camera.

I marked out a bit during the Raw 1000 when APA came out. That music was so awesome.

Ah yeah that was awesome! I even marked out a bit when I heard Lita's theme.

Kaladin

You were there?

Yep. You could feel the power of the Yes chants at the Ring of Honor shows, but they really gained momentum at Mania. You could tell the crowd was heavy into Bryan even before the show even started. That 18 second loss made him big on Monday Night though.

It was insane being in that building with all of the Yes chants and the Daniel Bryan chants. I'll never forget CM Punk vs Mark Henry where Punk got the yes chants and Henry got no chants.

McNei1y

Yep. You could feel the power of the Yes chants at the Ring of Honor shows, but they really gained momentum at Mania. You could tell the crowd was heavy into Bryan even before the show even started. That 18 second loss made him big on Monday Night though.

Yea the 18 second loss was ironically incredible for Bryan. I was marking out all show on that day. I can't even imagine what it was like to be there. I mean this was like "vintage Raw" crowd. The dark match gets me every time. Big Show was having so much fun with the chants.

tm24

It was insane being in that building with all of the Yes chants and the Daniel Bryan chants. I'll never forget CM Punk vs Mark Henry where Punk got the yes chants and Henry got no chants.
It makes you wonder. If you could go back in time and change that match, would you?

Kaladin

It makes you wonder. If you could go back in time and change that match, would you?

Not a chance. While the crowd would have went crazy for Daniel Bryan winning at Mania, I don't think it would have got him over like losing in the way he did got him over. He went from having maybe 40 - 60% of the stadium at Mania behind him to having the entire post Mania Raw crowd behind him.

http://www.wwe.com/inside/wwe-punk-respond-for-october-8-incident-26058385

In the closing moments of the Oct. 8 edition of Raw – during a verbal exchange with Mr. McMahon – an incident occurred betwee­­­n WWE Champion CM Punk and fans in the crowd.

On Tuesday afternoon, WWE released the following official statement:

“During Monday night’s Raw televised event, WWE Superstar CM Punk exited the ring and into the stands as part of the show. Unfortunately, WWE security was not in the appropriate place at the time. Given CM Punk’s persona as a ‘bad guy,’ fans were naturally heckling him, but unfortunately a few fans began shoving him, and one struck him in the kidney and on the back. WWE regrets that proper security measures were not in place, and CM Punk apologizes for reacting in the heat of the moment. Other than this isolated incident, WWE always provides proper security to ensure the safety of our fans and our performers.”

“I think the whole situation sucks,” Punk told WWE.com. “It’s an unfortunate and isolated incident. I was up in the stands, surrounded.”

“Somebody said, ‘let’s push him down the stairs,’” Punk explained. “I got hit in the ribs three times. I was getting shoved and I was getting punched…Then I started getting tagged in the back of the head. Unfortunately, I lashed out in the heat of the moment and I apologize. I’m really just glad nobody was hurt.

Kaladin

LOL Hogan.....

Hulk Hogan just called in to "TMZ Live" ... and was completely stunned when we told him about the footage of his BFF Bubba the Love Sponge plotting to profit off of his sex tape ... telling us, "I'm sick to my stomach right now."

Hogan says Bubba had adamantly denied having any knowledge about the sex tape ... and told Hulk he didn't know there was a camera capturing Hogan's X-rated session with his former wife Heather Clem.

Hulk says he had warned Bubba ... "If you had anything to do with this, that means we were never friends."

We broke the story ... Bubba appears at the very end of the sex tape, after Hogan had left the room, and told Heather, "If we ever did want to retire, all we'd have to do is use this footage."

Hulk says he is exploring all of his legal options -- and promises someone WILL PAY for recording and releasing the tape.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2012/10/09/hulk-hogan-tmz-live-sex-tape-bubba-the-love-sponge/#ixzz28r7Axj2u

It was me Hogan, it was ME all along.

Even sitting at home I raise my arms to the air pointing and go "YES!" everytime D-Brys music hits. It legit still makes me excited.

I wish for the day he can go back to enjoying the chants instead of having to pretend they're 'mocking' him.

They're probably sitting on a goldmine in crowd reactions for when he ever does go back to being a good guy. The crowd will already have in their mind its fun to chant along with him but now its fun AND wow look how over that babyface is chow.

McNei1y

I chant Yes! A lot myself. It will be cool to see him revert back to chanting it with the crowd but at least it brought us the Anger Managment/Team Hell No! Stuff.

Even sitting at home I raise my arms to the air pointing and go "YES!" everytime D-Brys music hits. It legit still makes me excited.

I wish for the day he can go back to enjoying the chants instead of having to pretend they're 'mocking' him.

They're probably sitting on a goldmine in crowd reactions for when he ever does go back to being a good guy. The crowd will already have in their mind its fun to chant along with him but now its fun AND wow look how over that babyface is chow.

Yeah they're not mocking him anymore. I was at the Raw and Smackdown after Mania and saw what it looked like to be for him. There was also a bunch of the kids against him at Smackdown. This last weeks live events in Oklahoma anyone doing it was easily doing it because they were excited about him.

rvd2kewl

Forget the "smartest man in wrestling" tag Hogan had for years. He's the biggest moron on the planet if this is news to him that Bubba the Love Sponge is complete and utter scumbag. Most people can tell that by listening to the guy for 30 seconds.

Kaladin

Yeah they're not mocking him anymore. I was at the Raw and Smackdown after Mania and saw what it looked like to be for him. There was also a bunch of the kids against him at Smackdown. This last weeks live events in Oklahoma anyone doing it was easily doing it because they were excited about him.

Smackdown after Mania was a weird crowd. Felt more like a local crowd with a few Mania leftovers. It certainly wasn't as hype as Raw was.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Sending out a call to any gamers in here, if you wouldn't mind checking out a beta for the site I'm working on, PM me - it's not intrusive and won't tweet/fb post at all without SERIOUSLY trying to.

With that out of the way (and I really hope I can get some feedback from some of you) I spoiled myself and started with Bootaaay's feud of the week. It's tasty. It helps having the context, too, so I really appreciate that too, Bootsman.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
CM Punk gets a shred of respect from me, talking about THE ANIMAL:

On Bautista's MMA Debut: "It's definitely a bucket-list kind of thing. I think it's awesome, too. Dave just wanted the experience. He wanted to fight even if it was just one time. It was something that he wanted to do. He loves it so he put his mind to it and did it, and I think that amazing. I don't think anybody can criticize that. He has no delusions of grandeur. He's not trying to get a big, fat UFC contract. He's not trying to coast on his name from the WWE. He's just fighting because he wanted to experience it."

On Bautista's Haters: "The haters, if you're doing something right you're going to get criticized. I don't think there's a whole lot of people who can do what Dave did, and those are the ones that are going to criticize him. To me, those are the funniest ones. They say funny stuff. They make the funniest comments and they're fun to laugh at."

tm24

Watch Titan fly!

20120929cmll_match4CMLL-092512-Main-C3.mpg_3.gif

strobogo

Banned
When Angle first debuted, I didn't like him. Thought he was boring. Looking back on it now, I really didn't appreciate what I had in front of me. Sigh.

His first few months were a little shaky, but around the time of WM 2000 (which is when he started working with the Benoit/Jericho crew), everything clicked. But it was 2001 when he really became Kurt Angle.

gurudyne

Has this been posted? Here's the new Kane's entrance in WWE 13. IT'S THE SAME AS WWE 12. How can this company get away with this BS?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oi_AyjfYISw

The company using an outdated engine from the PS2 era is reusing outdated resources? Shocker.

But seriously, they've got Madden Complacency Syndrome like mad. Why try when it's better business to not try instead? Wish someone would offer some decent competition. God I miss No Mercy for the 64.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Is Kane's entrance any different this year besides his new mask's mask?
No, and here's the sad thing. His outfit is out of date! You're better off going with a good WWE 12 Kane CAW. Both versions of Kane in the game have the same entrance, and neither one is correct for either version. How fucking lazy.

Punkgate update

Just got an update from the Sacramento County Sheriff's Department about the alleged incident involving CM Punk. The Sheriff's Department says at this point the Fan does not want to proceed any further and there is no evidence that a crime occurred. The Sheriff's Department also says the video is not part of the investigation because there is no investigation.

seems its nothing to worry about

strobogo

Banned
What kind of weirdos call police departments to get scoops on pro wrestlers? And why do those police departments give out the info?

Top Bottom