• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin |OT| Are you a Kane guy? Hell NO! I'm the tag team champions!

Enfinit

zC0jV.gif

Is this a tangible, real thing? Or are we all reading some various clues and using them to project our hopes and dreams?

Holy shit, I didn't even realize this was a .gif.

I look damn good in a large, but judging from the real-pic thread you probably look like a baller in a large. Only thing I'd worry about, especially in you're case as you're an inch or so taller, is the shirt's length.

Yeah, you guys convinced me.

I wonder if I order it now, when I'll get it? By Friday?

Shirt length can definitely be a problem but as long as you air dry it and wash in cold water, you will be fine.

Not the games? I mean I'm not trying to defend the thing, I'm just someone who was considering purchasing one and would like to hear your opinion about it.
Personally, I think the 3DS is worth it. So many good games out now, and so many good games coming out for it later. That is if you like Nintendo games, because I know some crazy people don't.

This. Best game coming out this fall.
I don't know man, Dishonored is really good. It's probably gonna end up my GOTY.

Aiii

So not worth it
If it comes out here. Still waiting for Persona4: Arena :(

Arena is region locked for PS3, just because Atlus JP were afraid all the Japanese people would import from the US. Ugh.

But Persona 4 is not! So I'm ordering it from vgp.ca as always, love those guys. Always deliver within a week without shipping costs.

But they did anounce a EU release for P4 Golden, NIS America is publishing it here sometime next year.

hertog

Arena is region locked for PS3, just because Atlus JP were afraid all the Japanese people would import from the US. Ugh.

But Persona 4 is not! So I'm ordering it from vgp.ca as always, love those guys. Always deliver within a week without shipping costs.

But they did anounce a EU release for P4 Golden, NIS America is publishing it here sometime next year.

Product is currently Sold Out. Please check back later for availability.

w1yq1m.jpg

Also, I just read that Irish wrestler and former SHIMMER alum Rebecca Knox is making a return to wrestling, after she suffered severe cranial nerve damage in 2006 :)

This is soooooooooooooo awesome news. Now we just need Foxy Knoxy to come down to ACW in Austin and we'll be all good. I'm already fantasy booking her in a heel tag team with Jessica James vs. Portia Perez and Rachel Summerlyn's "Team Havin' Fun"

...and GREAT service to the community posting that legendary feud. If you haven't seen at least three of those matches, IMO, (esp. the '94 and '95) you aren't much of a wrestling fan.

I'ma post it again on this page just for the awesome:

Feud of the Week for October 1-7th: The Freebirds vs the Von Erich Clan, by Sunflower

Feud of the Week for October 9th - 15th: Mitsuharu Misawa vs Toshiaki Kawada

If there's one feud that defined Japanese puroresu throughout the 90's, it was the Misawa vs Kawada feud. Both guys were on their way to the top in the late 80's, and they soon found themselves teaming together against some of the top names in All Japan. The feud of the day was between Genichiro Tenryu and Jumbo Tsuruta, but after Tenryu finally overcame Jumbo to win the Triple Crown, he quit AJPW to form the short-lived SWS promotion (which had inter-promotional ties to WWF). Jumbo was the top guy in the company and needed someone to feud with. Up stepped his student Tiger Mask II, who unmasked, revealed himself to be Mitsuharu Misawa and formed a faction named 'The Over Generation Army'. Picking his tag partner Toshiaki Kawada and rising star Kenta Kobashi to be his stable-mates, Misawa's faction waged war against Jumbo throughout 1990 and Misawa scored a huge singles victory over Jumbo, firmly cementing him as one of the top talents in All Japan. Meanwhile, he continued to team with Kawada and the two found tag success in the annual Real World Tag League, winning the titles in 1991.

However, in 1992 a certain animosity began to grow between the tag partners when Misawa achieved the top goal in All Japan by winning the Triple Crown, defeating the legendary Stan Hansen for the championship. The stage was set for another Jumbo vs Misawa confrontation, albeit now with the student on top. But Jumbo's health problems and subsequent retirement in 1993 changed all that. All Japan again needed someone for the top guy to feud with, and they found the perfect opponent in Toshiaki Kawada. Smaller in stature than Misawa, Kawada had to claw and fight his way to success, while Misawa had seemed destined for success from day 1. While Misawa was rightly loved by the fans, Kawada was the natural face of the feud, a perennial underdog who tried so desperately to defeat his former partner and friend on so many occasions, only to fall short time and time again. After their first singles match in 1992, it became apparent that this feud was something special, and indeed, almost every time they encountered one another over the next 13 years, it was very special indeed.

But despite all the changes made to All Japan's well laid plans somewhat forcing their hand, Misawa vs Kawada is often cited as a perfect example of long-term booking, when in reality all the pieces just fell perfectly into place. The result was an amazing, career-spanning feud that would define both men's careers and provide the fans with one top tier match after another. Below, are a few of my favourite Misawa vs Kawada encounters;

Mistsuharu Misawa (c) vs Toshiaki Kawada - (AJPW 10/21/92)

Their first singles encounter. They were still teaming together at this point, and although battered and beaten, Kawada's pride prevents him from staying down.

Mitsuharu Misawa vs Toshiaki Kawada - (AJPW 03/27/93)

Early in 1993 Misawa & Kawada lost the tag titles to Terry Gordy & Steve Williams. It would be the last time they held tag team gold, and one of the last times they teamed. This is their first singles match since then, and while things aren't entirely acrimonious as of yet, the tension is starting to build.

Mitsuharu Misawa (c) vs Toshiaki Kawada - (AJPW 07/29/93)

Since their last meeting, Kawada has again become a tag champion, this time with Akira Taue and Misawa and his partner Kenta Kobashi failed to dethrone the new champions. But Misawa is still Triple Crown champion, and it isn't long before Kawada steps up to challenge him. For the first time, the hate between the former tag partners is palpable.

Mitsuharu Misawa (c) vs Toshiaki Kawada - (AJPW 06/03/94)

This is THE match. Simply, one of the greatest matches of all time. Storytelling, psychology, hard-hitting, edge of your seat action. I can't overstate how MUCH I love this match.

Mitsuharu Misawa & Kenta Kobashi (c) vs Toshiaki Kawada & Akira Taue - (AJPW 06/09/95)

Much like the previous match is one of my favourite singles matches of all time, this epic match right here just might be my favourite tag match of all time. It's seriously amazing. One note; Kawada broke Misawa's orbital bone just two months before during the Champion Carnival. Here, I cringe everytime Kawada kicks him in the face.

Mitsuharu Misawa & Jun Akiyama vs Toshiaki Kawada & Akira Taue - (AJPW 12/06/96)

Another fantastic tag match here, as Misawa teams with young Jun Akiyama to take on the Holy Demon Army in the Real World Tag League.

Mitsuharu Misawa (c) vs Toshiaki Kawada - (AJPW 06/06/97)

Kawada pinned both Misawa & Kobashi in the Champion Carnival finals, earning him a shot at Misawa's Triple Crown championship. But with his first singles victory against Misawa under his belt, can Kawada pull out all the stops when it counts?

Mitsuharu Misawa (c) vs Toshiaki Kawada - (AJPW 05/01/98)

Six years after their first singles encounter, we come full circle as Kawada has his best chance yet to realise his dream and defeat Misawa for the grandest prize in All Japan.

I bit on the Blu-ray and shirt bundle as well. The price is actually really good, surprisingly. Being able to use the promo code to get the backpack that's on clearance for like 40 cents doesn't hurt, either.

hertog

Well looking at the SD! spoilers, still glad that I haven't watched one SD since wrestlemania (though I am sad Imissed the team friendship episode).

Ah, the monster returns, welcome back Ithil.
and yes, it is an endlessly enjoyable move, I wonder how well he fares with that on bigger wrestlers or if he makes an alternative version?

A few DGUSA announcements;

. Signed for November 3rd in Vorhees, NJ; El Generico vs Sami Callihan - 2/3 Falls
. Also signed for November 3rd; Akira Tozawa vs Samuray del Sol in a first-time ever encounter!
. Bobby Fish and EVOLVE/DGUSA have had a mutual parting of ways for unnamed reasons.

and yes, it is an endlessly enjoyable move, I wonder how well he fares with that on bigger wrestlers or if he makes an alternative version?

I've seen him use it on a few bigger guys in the past, but it never looks as good, so I think he stopped using it on bigger guys in favour of the giant swing and Ricola Bomb.

This is soooooooooooooo awesome news. Now we just need Foxy Knoxy to come down to ACW in Austin and we'll be all good. I'm already fantasy booking her in a heel tag team with Jessica James vs. Portia Perez and Rachel Summerlyn's "Team Havin' Fun"

Yeah, really glad to see Rebecca making a return - that 2/3 falls match against Haze on one of the early SHIMMER shows was awesome.

jmdajr

Taking forever to get caught up on RAW. It was easier when it was 2 hours.

Anyhow, enjoyed what I have seen so far. Lol at JBL shitting on Mil Mascaras.

I'll be back when done...

Aiii

So not worth it

So strange it's a set-up move and not his actual finisher. Just use the alternate finisher on the "fat" guys and this one on the athletic ones.

Taking forever to get caught up on RAW. It was easier when it was 2 hours.

Anyhow, enjoyed what I have seen so far. Lol at JBL shitting on Mil Mascaras.

I'll be back when done...

We all got a bit distracted yesterday with all the Punk stuff, but this Raw, imo, was easily in the top 5 Raw's of the year.

We all got a bit distracted yesterday with all the Punk stuff, but this Raw, imo, was easily in the top 5 Raw's of the year.

A "Top 5 Raws of The Year" list is like a "Top 5 Least Racist Racists" list.

Yeah the highest rated one might not be so bad, but they're all still racist.

...or something.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
This is THE match. Simply, one of the greatest matches of all time. Storytelling, psychology, hard-hitting, edge of your seat action. I can't overstate how MUCH I love this match.

Just finished Mitsuharu Misawa (c) vs Toshiaki Kawada - (AJPW 06/03/94) - holy goddamn christ, what a MATCH! Everyone, make sure if you only watch one match...make it this one! Damn Bootaaay!

You don't like Persona? You're kidding right? That's one of my top 5 gameseries of all time, easily.

I'm also not a fan. Really poor narrative. Some neat ideas, but it's mired in the past. I guess the good news for people is that if they're tired of waiting it's still available on PS2. :p

Personally, I think the 3DS is worth it. So many good games out now, and so many good games coming out for it later. That is if you like Nintendo games, because I know some crazy people don't.

I don't know man, Dishonored is really good. It's probably gonna end up my GOTY.

Really excited to grab Dishonored, but I think I need to get a helping of XCOM first. And if I had to choose between the two handhelds, it'd be 3DS. Vita doesn't exactly have a rosy outlook.

XenoRaven

It had a cooperative cart-wheel. Easily.
Now that you mention it, everyone's talking about how much fun Hell No are having. Rhodes Scholars seem to be really enjoying themselves too. As much as I want to see Cody in the main even hunt, what he's doing now is arguably just as, if not more interesting. Especially considering a World Heavyweight title feud would probably just be him getting fed to Sheamus.

strobogo

Banned
There has only really been maybe 5 good Raws all year, so it shouldn't be that hard to be in the top 5. Just being decent to good should get it in the top 5.

McNei1y

Now that you mention it, everyone's talking about how much fun Hell No are having. Rhodes Scholars seem to be really enjoying themselves too. As much as I want to see Cody in the main even hunt, what he's doing now is arguably just as, if not more interesting. Especially considering a World Heavyweight title feud would probably just be him getting fed to Sheamus.

I would love to see them become the #1 contenders but I can't shake the feeling that Rey and Sin Cara will become them. They should just make a triple threat tag team match at HIAC.

Top Bottom