• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin |OT| Are you a Kane guy? Hell NO! I'm the tag team champions!

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
I asked tna if they were going to pay that chick to fly to BFG. They told me no :(

Kaladin

qwXLq.jpg

I know what I'm doing this weekend.

VerTiGo

Banned
Great ending to the show. Aries is so awesome and slick on the mic. GREAT heel.

Aries is just awesome. I expect him to walk out at BFG still champion. I wanna say that was a shoot but I'm not really sure. Doubt it.

And oh yeah... tonight's impact was awesome.

strobogo

Banned
Taz is every bit as bad as Jerry Lawler. He just has a lot more random "wtf lol" moments to stay a bit more entertaining. The tense moments that come up between him and Tenay when Tenay is trying to talk about the angle or match and Taz is making a completely unrelated joke that makes no sense in any context are always great.

The last great one was when Mike was talking about the angle that just happened and asked Taz a specific question about it. Taz responds that people on Twittah wanted to know if he liked his blue jacket. "....nope...." BIRD FACE. It was awesome and so awkward.

EDIT: Big E. Langston is like putting King Kong Bundy and Monty Brown onto the frame of Taz.

tj hazuki

Transcript-spanish: "Le dije a Vince que el guión de la WWE apestaba, que Vince está haciendo lo que quiere y que la WWE está pasando por un mal momento sin hacer nada al respeto, sin escuchar a nadie y que ya no tiene el mismo control que antes". "Todo es una basura, y cuando la WWE se vaya al infierno, será todo culpa de él”. Habíamos 4 personas en el mismo cuarto; Orton, Cena, un oficial de la WWE y yo."

Translate: "I told vince that the script sucked, and that he is not listening to anyone and no longer has the same control as before".

Whoa. That's interesting

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Good contender for match of the year, right here;

Hiroshi Tanahashi (c) vs Minoru Suzuki - (NJPW 10/08/12)

Watching it for the second time now and it's still just wonderful. That's proper targeting of a specific body part told as a story in the ring. I also like to pretend there is a slight feud between the two over hair styles, but that's just me.

My favorite Kane picture.

WWE-RAW-John-Cena-Kane_1612971.jpg

will watch when i get home

What's that strange cancer growing on Kane there?

She looks like how Ke$ha should look.

You mean with breasts, and some semblance of an ass?

I think he means "looks human".

Bret Hart's WCW theme sucks :/

Bret Hart's WCW anything sucks. Such an awful waste all around. I bet Hart didn't even get any satisfaction out of it by defecting, it just turned too awful.

WCW had a lot of shitty themes. Just like TNA.

Can't watch a wrestling promotion that doesn't have a decent number of good entrance music.

One of my main problems with TNA is the fact I know they have themes, but hell if I can ever really make them out during a show or PPV when I do watch due to how it is set-up and comes across on tele. Sometimes it's just random nose, sometimes I just can't hear it for whatever reason, and sometimes I just don't care because it's all so uninteresting.

I'm not asking for much, hell I'm a fan of simple and traditional instrumental music of Hong Kong indy shows for dog's sake, but I want something I can at least recognise and take notice of the moment it starts without words chanting in.

Few exceptions do exist though. Rhoode's obviously for the "mid-game boss" as people have mentioned, Mr. Ken...sigh... Anderson's, and just the start of Kurt Angles.
Oh and this wonderful mash-up http://youtu.be/Z3oRdRoOsBk

trunbuns

Whoa. That's interesting

Who said it though?

Am I wrong to assume that this means that it would have been a Spanish speaking wrestler that laid into Vince?

Rey?
Bertie?
Juan Cena?
Sin Cara?

I now have visions of Cara shouting at Vince furiously in Spanish, pointing in all directions like some kind of lucha madman.

Edit - Probably Del Rio. He always seems to come across like he wouldn't be that bothered if he were released. He plans to retire soon anyway?

Ozone

So I just watched the latest episodes of Main Event and NXT on Hulu. Is it just me, or are these shows actually better than the two main shows? Really surprised by how much I'm enjoying them.

strobogo

Banned
Watching it for the second time now and it's still just wonderful. That's proper targeting of a specific body part told as a story in the ring. I also like to pretend there is a slight feud between the two over hair styles, but that's just me.

What's that strange cancer growing on Kane there?

I think he means "looks human".

Bret Hart's WCW anything sucks. Such an awful waste all around. I bet Hart didn't even get any satisfaction out of it by defecting, it just turned too awful.

One of my main problems with TNA is the fact I know they have themes, but hell if I can ever really make them out during a show or PPV when I do watch due to how it is set-up and comes across on tele. Sometimes it's just random nose, sometimes I just can't hear it for whatever reason, and sometimes I just don't care because it's all so uninteresting.

I'm not asking for much, hell I'm a fan of simple and traditional instrumental music of Hong Kong indy shows for dog's sake, but I want something I can at least recognise and take notice of the moment it starts without words chanting in.

Few exceptions do exist though. Rhoode's obviously for the "mid-game boss" as people have mentioned, Mr. Ken...sigh... Anderson's, and just the start of Kurt Angles.
Oh and this wonderful mash-up http://youtu.be/Z3oRdRoOsBk

The real issue is that everything is in the same key and tempo. And there is no space between themes, so they all just blur together. A guy comes out, gets in the ring, and then the other guy's theme immediately starts playing. Every song sounds like a continuation of the last. The only guys with themes that stick out are Hardy, Bully, Rooooooooooo, and Hogan. I think part of it is that they don't have a dedicated audio channel for their music like WWE does, so they aren't as clear. You hear all their music with an echo from the inside of the Impact Zone.

A Double is the worst offender. He's the god damn champion and you can't make out his theme from any X-Division guy.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
So I just watched the latest episodes of Main Event and NXT on Hulu. Is it just me, or are these shows actually better than the two main shows? Really surprised by how much I'm enjoying them.

WWE's "lesser shows" have been their best shows since ECW in 2009. The common phrase is "because Vince is handsoff with them"", but I have no idea how true that is. All I know is that ECW run, NXT Redemption, Superstars, Main Event, FCW/NXT, they get to focus on wrestling and building up characters and stars in the ring.

Main Event specifically I love the idea of building up each match before it happens, I just wish it wasn't with Cole.

The real issue is that everything is in the same key and tempo. And there is no space between themes, so they all just blur together. A guy comes out, gets in the ring, and then the other guy's theme immediately starts playing. Every song sounds like a continuation of the last. The only guys with themes that stick out are Hardy, Bully, Rooooooooooo, and Hogan. I think part of it is that they don't have a dedicated audio channel for their music like WWE does, so they aren't as clear. You hear all their music with an echo from the inside of the Impact Zone.

A Double is the worst offender. He's the god damn champion and you can't make out his theme from any X-Division guy.

Quite right all of that. I honestly have no idea what song Aries has, what it sounds like, nor could I tell if he is coming into the ring without the announcers or Hemme saying so before hand. Which is an awful thing for a World Champion to go through and not something I've gone through since watching pre-1970s matches on tape for the first time.

Aiii

So not worth it
Every TNA theme sounds exactly the same, except for the first 5 seconds or so where the main eventers have a sorta unique soundbyte so we can tell who is coming out.

Top Bottom