• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin |OT| Are you a Kane guy? Hell NO! I'm the tag team champions!

Ithil

fD2qB.jpg

Respect.

My dream for this WM is either Rock vs. Bryan, or Rock vs. Bryan vs. Punk. Either would be great programs.

But I'm bracing myself for Rock vs Cena II, Twice In A Lifetime, Cena Wins.

My dream for this WM is either Rock vs. Bryan, or Rock vs. Bryan vs. Punk. Either would be great programs.

Would you settle for Rock vs. Sheamus? I think that's a happy medium between your three possibilities.

somedevil

Yep expect that, Lesnar vs Triple H II and possibly the Sin Cara vs Mysterio match.

Right now I would let Bryan face Jericho if he comes back and Punk should in the rock vs cena match to make it a 3-way.

Punk and Bork should fight Triple H and Randy Orton.

Or, throw in someone else on the Heyman side, and then bring back Batista to reform Evolution.

Alucard

Banned
Really hope Punk main events Mania. At a comic con interview, he said it's the only thing left for him, and then he's "done." He also said that might be why WWE hasn't given it to him yet.

Oh, and Punk said there aren't many wrestlers left who would be "interesting" for him to wrestle, and that only having Cena as a main eventer is bad for the company...if he goes down, WWE has few guys with ME experience.

somedevil

WWE did an article for ten matches that deserve a sequel:

1) Daniel Bryan vs Chris Jericho (NXT 2/23/10)
2) The Rock vs Eddie Guerrero (Raw 7/22/02)
3) Rey Mysterio vs Sabu (ECW ONS 2006)
4) Undertaker vs Ric Flair (Wrestlemania X8)
5) "Macho Man" Randy Savage vs Shawn Michaels (1992 European Rampage Tour)
6) Ultimate Warrior vs Triple H (Wrestlemania XII)
7) John Cena vs Mr. McMahon (Raw 3/27/06)
8) "Stone Cold" Steve Austin vs Mr. Perfect (2/25/02)
9) Bret & Owen Hart vs The Steiner Brothers (Wrestlefest '94)
10) Goldberg vs Brock Lesnar (Wrestlemania XX)

http://www.wwe.com/classics/classic-lists/10-matches-that-deserved-a-sequel

Izick

What the fuck!? Are you fucking kidding me? What the fuck. He's not even on the poster? Your WWE Champion isn't even on the poster, but two old hacks who can't do it anymore, and one current hack that could never do it is on there? This has to be a gimmick or something. Maybe playing into the no respect thing? Has to. That's crazy. Two thirds of that poster is people who don't even show up to 99% of the Raws every year. What a joke.

/markrage

Cagey

Banned
My man. I'm at 227 right now. I think I can get 15 lbs in four months. But eating is a pain. Just focusing on getting bigger, worry about strength later.

I don't recall you posting in the fitness thread. You should!

I made a few posts once but I should probably jump into there more often. Thanks for the heads up.

It's seriously awesome. I like it because it actually stands out from the crowd. Is the Sandow shirt you're talking about blue? If so, amazing.

It's why I like the GTS Yellow shirt. Bright yellow is a color that shouts at you to stand out in the crowd and be obnoxious, and that works for Punk as a heel right now.

Yeah, it's the blue one. I shared it with a number of friends who have zero interest in wrestling, because the design (colors, font, stylings, joke) is excellent.

It's why I like the GTS Yellow shirt. Bright yellow is a color that shouts at you to stand out in the crowd and be obnoxious, and that works for Punk as a heel right now.

The GTS shirt is boss. I think I've liked to all of Punk's shirts except for the one with two wrists and the one with Straight Edge and Hardcore in an X. The best two were the white BITW and the Ramones style ones.

Izick

Only thing I dislike about the shirt, and all their shirts I guess, is the little WWE Official merchandise tag on the bottom right of it.

Only thing I dislike about the shirt, and all their shirts I guess, is the little WWE Official merchandise tag on the bottom right of it.

Yep, but it's easily fixable and realistically a better alternative to the logo being ironed on:
1. Get any sharp knife from your kitchen. Should be as thin as possible, I used a paring knife.
2. Carefully go underneath the stitching of the merchandise tag and cut.
3. Repeat until the tag is removed.

After doing this the only people who can tell it's a WWE shirt are those who have seen it before or who know what a CM Punk is and as long as you do it right there should be no trace of the tag ever being there.

Ithil

WWE did an article for ten matches that deserve a sequel:

1) Daniel Bryan vs Chris Jericho (NXT 2/23/10)
2) The Rock vs Eddie Guerrero (Raw 7/22/02)
3) Rey Mysterio vs Sabu (ECW ONS 2006)
4) Undertaker vs Ric Flair (Wrestlemania X8)
5) "Macho Man" Randy Savage vs Shawn Michaels (1992 European Rampage Tour)
6) Ultimate Warrior vs Triple H (Wrestlemania XII)
7) John Cena vs Mr. McMahon (Raw 3/27/06)
8) "Stone Cold" Steve Austin vs Mr. Perfect (2/25/02)
9) Bret & Owen Hart vs The Steiner Brothers (Wrestlefest '94)
10) Goldberg vs Brock Lesnar (Wrestlemania XX)

http://www.wwe.com/classics/classic-lists/10-matches-that-deserved-a-sequel

Hulk Hogan versus Andre the Giant. WCW versus The nWo. Sheamus versus Alberto Del Rio
0aAuL.jpg

Yeah but it has NY NJ on the bottom.

And some building that's totally not the Empire State building.

GET YOUR OWN STATE JERSIANS

AND FOLEY IS OURS TOO

But Wrestlemania is being held IN NEW JERSEY! How about we take the unnecessary New York tag off the logo since it has no business being there!

I'll try to remember to get my own state next Summer when you're are all down in my town littering up my beaches.

You can have Cactus Jack, but I demand Dude Love.

So I was at physical therapy today. And I look down and I see a hulking mass of a man and like huh?

And as it turns out, it's John Cena getting rehab for his elbow. He must of been there for two hours getting help for it.

I didn't act like a mark or fan. I didn't ask for his autograph. I just let the man do what he came there to do.

I will say he really is ridiculously huge. And he wasn't wearing his trademark jean shorts.

Cagey

Banned
But Wrestlemania is being held IN NEW JERSEY! How about we take the unnecessary New York tag off the logo since it has no business being there!

I'll try to remember to get my own state next Summer when you're are all down in my town littering up my beaches.

You can have Cactus Jack, but I demand Dude Love.

ZnqQ5.gif

KissVibes

Banned
Dream booking based on this poster: John Cena beats both The Rock and King of the Brocktagon to win the WWE Championship. Then, the next night on Raw, Cena begins talking about how he's proven he's the best and has shattered all expectations when suddenly Stone Cold shows up to challenge him to a WWE title match at WM30.

Cena holds the title until WM30 and along the way wins some 6 man casket match which gives the winner a chance to challenge Taker's streak. So at WM30 Cena defends his title against Stone Cold AND ends Taker's streak.

Wrestlemania 30 ends to Cena preforming his theme to a nearly empty arena.

Dream booking based on this poster: John Cena beats both The Rock and King of the Brocktagon to win the WWE Championship. Then, the next night on Raw, Cena begins talking about how he's proven he's the best and has shattered all expectations when suddenly Stone Cold shows up to challenge him to a WWE title match at WM30.

Cena holds the title until WM30 and along the way wins some 6 man casket match which gives the winner a chance to challenge Taker's streak. So at WM30 Cena defends his title against Stone Cold AND ends Taker's streak.

Wrestlemania 30 ends to Cena preforming his theme to a nearly empty arena.

That seems interesting, but the bulk of your statement had me laughing.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Random awful match featuring one of the best.
http://youtu.be/9lXAGZtMxU8

Ah man, looks like Kensuke Sasaki is out of wrestling indefinitely :(

"As Kensuke Sasaki told the press today, the 46-year-old heavyweight and owner of Diamond Ring will undergo neck surgery in November.

Sasaki stated for the record that in 2008 he had to have surgery due to an acute herniated disc between the cervical vertebrae and sixth vertebrae. He had severe neck pain and increasingly felt a numbness in both arms. Sasaki discontinued treatment before four years, however, because he was busy at the time with the training of his students Katsuhiko Nakajima and Kento Miyahara. Looking back Sasaki called this a major error.

The winner of all three major heavyweight titles in Japan promised his fans a full recovery, but Sasaki said there is no time-frame for his return."

Hope he can return for at least one more match sometime in the future.

A great man and I'm sorry to see him go, but I'm actually happy he's leaving and I don't want him to come back even just for one more match. The man has done so much with so many great matches, even small house show training exhibitions were full out sometimes, that I rather sit back and be happy knowing he'll be alive and as comfortable as possible for the rest of his life.

Too many wrestlers, especially in Japan, go far longer than their bodies can really handle and that depresses me.

They can't do that! It's Wrestlemania! Us non-Yanks have no idea where New Jersey is, we need that New York icon and faulty Apple Maps to help guide us! You know, just like how so many Raws in England have taken place in an English city and shown pictures of London or Blackpool instead!

There's a Simpson's wrestling game?

There's been a Simpson's game for most everything. Their ability to merchandise stuff is amazing.

They can't do that! It's Wrestlemania! Us non-Yanks have no idea where New Jersey is, we need that New York icon and faulty Apple Maps to help guide us! You know, just like how so many Raws in England have taken place in an English city and shown pictures of London or Blackpool instead!
Just like English stage setups need a black cab, telephone box and double decker bus to help inform the non English just where this stuff is going down I say it's time to make it even.
New York setups should have yellow taxis and a Cena-fied statue of liberty, help me out here WWE.

There's been a Simpson's game for most everything. Their ability to merchandise stuff is amazing.
I remember how both Simpson's Wrestling and Simpson's Skateboarding were rushed out around the boom periods of both around 2000, it was pretty sneaky of them.

I think he would throw in the towel.
Damn right.

tm24

Guys, apparently DMczaf went to Mexico to become a luchador:

11-e1349899360173.jpg

Yep, Mephisto maybe has seen DKR a bit too many times. I eagerly await the Mephisto/Volador matchup. For those that don't know, Volador has like 10 different costumes that are based on comics/sci-fi. His most prolific are his Darth maul/Captain America and Batman

Ithil

Does Sheamus have something to say other than "45 seconds!" and "18 seconds!". He's been standing still since he won the title, I can't say Bryan and Big Show have been doing the same.

Kyoufu

Does Sheamus have something to say other than "45 seconds!" and "18 seconds!". He's been standing still since he won the title, I can't say Bryan and Big Show have been doing the same.

To be fair, still better than Del Rio's runs as champion. Boy oh boy did he stink.

Ithil

To be fair, still better than Del Rio's runs as champion. Boy oh boy did he stink.

Yeah, but he got like a month per reign, with a completely pointless two week Cena interruption. Sheamus has had near 6 months and done absolutely nothing.

Izick

Yep, but it's easily fixable and realistically a better alternative to the logo being ironed on:
1. Get any sharp knife from your kitchen. Should be as thin as possible, I used a paring knife.
2. Carefully go underneath the stitching of the merchandise tag and cut.
3. Repeat until the tag is removed.

After doing this the only people who can tell it's a WWE shirt are those who have seen it before or who know what a CM Punk is and as long as you do it right there should be no trace of the tag ever being there.

You mean the stitching that you can see on the inside of the shirt?

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Attitude Era Wrasslin-GAF will never die.

Back in my day, we could post pics of divas straight up NAKED. You saw everything.

word

my avatar was a gif of Tori Wilson stripping down to her panties then those 2% of people that still use 56k dial up complained.

bunch of yaks

Top Bottom