• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin |OT| Are you a Kane guy? Hell NO! I'm the tag team champions!

Kyoufu

Well, if anything, Punk will make Ryback look very very strong.

It's so weird that he's being pushed so hard though. Can he even talk on the mic?

Izick

Is it weird that I'm really really hyped by the idea of Punk vs Ryback in a cell?

Okay that's good, should be really easy for you then. Just did it for a tag on a jacket with a paring knife here:
http://imgur.com/a/AdSCQ
1st Image: The "before" shot
2nd Image: Unthreaded/cut from above the tag to be able to get in
3rd Image: Cutting from between the tag/shirt
4th Image: Hard to see, but that's what the corners will look like, you'll find that there is a lot more stitching at the corners. For most of the tag you can find you'll just be able to "pull" on the tag and it will come unstitched but at the corners you'll need to cut through a lot of tighter stitching.
5th Image: "After" shot before I removed the excess threads. Couple notes: that tag got a bit mangled because it's made out of some kind of shitty paper material but the jacket was fine. In that image you can see where the tag was at one point, but the shirt's normal stitching will just sort of settle into place and that outline will completely disappear by the first time you wash the shirt.

Thank you! You have no idea how awesome you are! I'm going to try this while I watch some old Raw in the background. Do you have any washing advice? I don't know if I should let it air-dry or just throw it in the drier. I also don't know if I should throw it in with my darks or lights, as it's an in-between kind of yellow, you know?

Well, if anything, Punk will make Ryback look very very strong.

It's so weird that he's being pushed so hard though. Can he even talk on the mic?

FEED ME MORE*

*Contains awesome Al Snow

I LIKE TO EAT, FEED ME MORE.

I had no idea he had a Southern accent.

Alucard

Banned
Punk and Ryback had their first confrontation at a house show on Friday night. Ended with Punk getting DQ'd for a low blow. They're wrestling tonight and tomorrow, too. Looks like they'll go with Punk getting DQ'd to keep Ryback's streak going.

RBH

*looks at the card for Bound For Glory*

Seems like such a random ass card for TNA's supposed biggest show of the year.

Thank you! You have no idea how awesome you are! I'm going to try this while I watch some old Raw in the background. Do you have any washing advice? I don't know if I should let it air-dry or just throw it in the drier. I also don't know if I should throw it in with my darks or lights, as it's an in-between kind of yellow, you know?
My general rule is to hang all of my shirts and pants to dry unless they're too big. Don't throw it in with whites and when in doubt put it with darker stuff rarher than lighter, but otherwise I wouldn't be too worried.

Punk could do all of the mic work for a Ryback feud by himself, Ryback shouldn't speak much.

Izick

My general rule is to hang all of my shirts and pants to dry unless they're too big. Don't throw it in with whites and when in doubt put it with darker stuff rarher than lighter, but otherwise I wouldn't be too worried.

Punk could do all of the mic work for a Ryback feud by himself, Ryback shouldn't speak much.
Alright, thanks man. I appreciate all the help!
Kane interview:

http://www.knoxville.com/news/2012/oct/11/terry-morrow-knoxville-based-wwe-star-kane-finds/

Has more control over his character now, thinks he has a few more years left in him

Him and DB are awesome together. Not sure how much I'd like the Kane character without DB now. I loved the old Big Red Machine gimmick, but after he lost the mask, I didn't like the character. I enjoyed him returning to the mask and his character's roots, but it got stale after a while. This new team up with DB is just great through. Gives me good laughs every time, and they actually look like a team that can actually compete.

Ithil

Punk and Ryback had their first confrontation at a house show on Friday night. Ended with Punk getting DQ'd for a low blow. They're wrestling tonight and tomorrow, too. Looks like they'll go with Punk getting DQ'd to keep Ryback's streak going.

There's no DQs in a HIAC though.

Izick

I think I fucked up on my shirt a bit. ):

There's a larger whole in the middle bottom of where the tag was, mainly because there was more stitching there. Fuck.

strobogo

Banned
Has Al Snow vs Joey Ryan though.

I hope Head makes an appearance.

I'm not sold on Joey Ryan in TNA. He's fine in his role in PWG. But he's really not that great. He's pretty average in the ring and he's not a good promo, despite having the most mic time of anyone outside of Steen in PWG. He has that desperately annoying "Look at me, I'm a pro wrestler!" thing going on. Nothing about him feels natural. He does have glorious hair and facial hair, though.

It's nice that TNA has spent the last 3 months on making him seem like a big deal, or any kind of deal, really, but a match against a much bigger, 50 year old Al Snow is probably not the best show case for him. Imagine WWE hiring Johnny Goodtime and have him have a match at WM with Shane Douglas after building the feud between him and JBL.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
awesome that SiriusXM's wrestling show is doing 5 hours of live radio from the location of BFG. They should give us the scoop on the HoF ceremony tonight.

Izick

Fuck. So can I fix this? I can literally see the four threads I cut and the loops they were in...fucking shit. I knew I'd fuck it up.

strobogo

Banned
What is up with The STINGMON? It's a weird verbal tic or something. I really, really hope Bully Ray doesn't turn on Sting. I want to see him keep doing what he's doing, but as the top face in the company.

BlazinAm

*looks at the card for Bound For Glory*

Seems like such a random ass card for TNA's supposed biggest show of the year.

Samoa Joe vs Magnus and the three-way tag team could be MOTY quality stuff, Magnus needs a match the TNA can say made him and if they have enough time could be awesome.

I feel the Roode-Storm match could be really disappointing because they may focus on an angle with King Mo to try and push him. I feel this match will be a Brock vs Goldberg level of disappointing because of King Mo being involved.

strobogo

Banned
I don't think either of those matches have MOTY potential. Match of the night potential, maybe. Weirdly, I'm looking forward to RVD vs Ion. Both guys I'm pretty indifferent to, but RVD looked more amped up than he has been in years in that segment on Impact.

Aries vs Jeff should be really, really good. Hopefully BEER MONEY EXPLODES isn't shoved aside for King Mo and gets to be a big, bloody, crazy brawl.

BlazinAm

I don't think either of those matches have MOTY potential. Match of the night potential, maybe. Weirdly, I'm looking forward to RVD vs Ion. Both guys I'm pretty indifferent to, but RVD looked more amped up than he has been in years in that segment on Impact.

Aries vs Jeff should be really, really good. Hopefully BEER MONEY EXPLODES isn't shoved aside for King Mo and gets to be a big, bloody, crazy brawl.

I think TNA will want to do something big with Magnus so his match should help elevate him a bit, the reason why I think the three-way tag match will be so good is based on the tag match at Slammiversary and I think they want this upcoming one to be remembered. I think that Beer Money story will be woven into Aces&8 and they will probably try to tie in King Mo or something, so that's why I am not expecting much.

Aries and Jeff should be good, Jeff has really really improved since last years debacle and Aries has been hot ever since he came back/debuted, but so far Aries hasn't really been engaged with a will long feud in TNA. I feel that this may be the first long program they may have over the title with Aries as champ, also these guys are the young money makers (well TNA's top wrestlers aren't exactly young) so they may want to string this for the rest of the year.

strobogo

Banned
My fear is that Rooooooo/Storm will get toned down because I expect the main event is going to be strictly a clusterfuck brawl with everyone bleeding and weapons galore. Which is also what Roode vs Storm should be.

WWE Hall of Famer Harley Race and Vader Get Into Fight at Convention
Reports are coming in from fans attending this weekend's "Legends of the Ring" convention in Monroe, New Jersey that WWE Hall of Famer Harley Race and former three-time WCW World Heavyweight Champion Vader got into an altercation that led to punches being thrown.

Details are sketchy at the moment. Reports say the 57-year-old Vader (real name Leon White) started becoming angry and beligerent about something. Race, who is now 69 and needs the assistance of a motorized scooter to get around, was upset at Vader's behavior and clocked him in the face with a right hand. Vader then attempted to strike Race back, but ended up decking a convention worker who stepped in between the two.

The situation died down quickly as Race and Vader went into a vacant hallway to discuss the issue. Both came back cooled off and no further incident took place. Vader apologized to the worker he accidentally struck.

No video of the incident has surfaced on YouTube or any other social media yet.

Race managed Vader in WCW from 1992-1995, overseeing all three of his World Championship reigns. Race was forced to retire from managing after a January 1995 car accident left him needing hip replacement surgery. Following a feud with Hulk Hogan, Vader left the promotion a few months later to join the WWF.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
69? Wow, I have to say that Harley Race looks pretty good for his age.

220px-Steamboat2.jpg

strobogo

Banned
What a bad ass. Harley is nearly 70 and in a motorized scooter and he still will slap the shit out of VADER? That is a bad mother fucker right there.

I hope some people tweeted Joey Ryan a map of the west coast. His gimmick should be that he's kind of an idiot and says stupid shit, but doesn't realize it. Like Arizona is the West Coast and apologment.

Top Bottom