• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin |OT| Are you a Kane guy? Hell NO! I'm the tag team champions!

Wow.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mby1anAJwl1qfxd0vo1_500.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
Best bit of Kane art you've ever thrown in here, this should've been the angle for the animal based t shirt WWE made.
Not sure I like that Kane shares being a bear with Big Show but oh well.

krae_man

What are the chances Punk Pics both? That way Punk can use dirty tactics to beat Cena Fair and Square all the while completely ruining Rybecks perfect record and having to switch it to "Never been pinned" instead of undefeated.

There's also the popular "Never lost a one on one match" which will be especially funny for Rybeck since he hasn't one any one on one matches yet*

I know he's had a few, it's a joke

That got me pretty psyched.

And Gail Kim...sweet mercy.

gail-kim-pictures-65.jpg

Calling RVD becoming X-Division Champ. He has nothing to do otherwise. Too bad for Zema Ion, who is more exciting in the ring.

Robert Irvine is a lucky man

Kyoufu

What are the chances Punk Pics both? That way Punk can use dirty tactics to beat Cena Fair and Square all the while completely ruining Rybecks perfect record and having to switch it to "Never been pinned" instead of undefeated.

Punk was complaining about the Cena/Show triple threat. I doubt he'll pick 2 opponents here.

Rockandrollclown

lookwhatyou'vedone
The PPV itself was great, minus Joey Ryan. RVD looked interested for once, Joe and Magnus put on a good match and Roode vs Storm stole the show. The A&8 match did nothing for me, but having Devon as a member was one hell of a surprise. Also, the second half of the triple tag match was glorious.

TNA was reluctant early on when he made his returned. He wasn't really going anywhere for a few months, probably because no one thought he'd keep it together, but he's been constantly performing at a high level since his return. Looks much healthier and fitter too, so good on him I reckon.

Can't really hate on that then, not a huge Hardy fan personally, but two of my favorite wrestlers ever are RVD and Scott Hall, so I'm definitely not one to hold a grudge over drugs. Good to hear RVD can put on a decent match still.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
From John Pollock at Fight Network:

"ROH reports just over 900 in attendance on Saturday and 1,500 iPPV buys (300 were free from various promotions) as of this morning"

krae_man

Punk was complaining about the Cena/Show triple threat. I doubt he'll pick 2 opponents here.

It works in the context of "If I beat both, then you'll have to respect me" storyline that's going on which will probably lead to him jobbing to the Undertaker at Wrestlemania.

Aiii

So not worth it
AJ and Punk have an in ring promo. Punk says he has chosen to face Cena at Hell in a Cell and that Cena isn’t here tonight. Punk says he is leaving. AJ tells him he can either defend the title against Ryback tonight or be stripped. Punk gets mad and rips apart a fan’s sign.

Punk picks Cena, Cena can't wrestle, AJ makes Punk vs Ryback w/ special ref Cena at HiaC.

Calling it now.

BlazinAm

It works in the context of "If I beat both, then you'll have to respect me" storyline that's going on which will probably lead to him jobbing to the Undertaker at Wrestlemania.

I could see him as the guy that beats the Undertaker at mania but I wonder if Undertaker has any plans to retire.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Punk should pick Ryback.

It's the only thing that makes sense for his character. He's said over and over again that he's sick and tired of John Cena and the way Cena is always at the front of the line for a title shot, and tired of being told time after time that even though he beat Cena LAST time, he has to fight and beat Cena THIS time or it doesn't count.

"You think I'm afraid of Ryback? I'm not afraid of anything! I'm the WWE Champion! I'm the best in the world!"

etc.

Of course, he'll ACTUALLY play cowardly heel and refuse to make a choice, causing Vince McMahon to make it a triple threat match.

Punk will then pin Ryback after some shenanigans so that Punk can retain and Cena doesn't have to lose.

Just received some expert analysis from the braintrust at the WWE.com comments section:

MosinovMoHsin
its a good idea to make a 3 match for wwe championbut .jhon cenna is not in a good condition to fight punk on hell in a cell and
the question is what can punk do to defat ryback if he chooses him. punk want
stay WWE champions .rayback is a destroy machine no doubt tonight we will see what will happens. and what'punk decision .ryback or jhon cenna.

http://www.wwe.com/shows/raw/2012-10-15/five-point-preview-26059227

Aiii

So not worth it
Just received some expert analysis from the braintrust at the WWE.com comments section:

MosinovMoHsin
its a good idea to make a 3 match for wwe championbut .jhon cenna is not in a good condition to fight punk on hell in a cell and
stay WWE champions .rayback is a destroy machine no doubt tonight we will see what will happens. and what'punk decision .ryback or jhon cenna.

I go out of my way to avoid these and now you're bringing them to me. This will not stand!

You, me, barbed wire match. It's on!

krae_man

Punk should pick Ryback.

It's the only thing that makes sense for his character. He's said over and over again that he's sick and tired of John Cena and the way Cena is always at the front of the line for a title shot, and tired of being told time after time that even though he beat Cena LAST time, he has to fight and beat Cena THIS time or it doesn't count.

"You think I'm afraid of Ryback? I'm not afraid of anything! I'm the WWE Champion! I'm the best in the world!"

etc.

Of course, he'll ACTUALLY play cowardly heel and refuse to make a choice, causing Vince McMahon to make it a triple threat match.

Punk will then pin Ryback after some shenanigans so that Punk can retain and Cena doesn't have to lose.

I don't think Rybeck is losing his first main event match. Cena losing due to shenanigans is more likely, especially considering he's got an excuse with the surjury.

I see a 3 way with Ryback hitting Cena with his finisher and Punk knocking Ryback out of the ring to get the pin on Cena.

That way Punk is still the cowardly heel

Ryback is still undefeated

Cena can blame the loss on his injury, that Punk didnt really win and he should get a title shot at the next PPV so punk can prove he is best in the world again.... again.

Still havent seen Ryback have a back and forth match so it should be interesting since he will have to do most of the work with Cena hurt.

You guys gotta stop hating. Punk will pick Rhubarb as his opponent, and the The Shark will carry CM Dolphin to a 5 Star Classic™. The pops for Ring Ding will be incredible.

/Beef

krae_man

I see a 3 way with Ryback hitting Cena with his finisher and Punk knocking Ryback out of the ring to get the pin on Cena.

That way Punk is still the cowardly heel

Ryback is still undefeated

Cena can blame the loss on his injury, that Punk didnt really win and he should get a title shot at the next PPV so punk can prove he is best in the world again.... again.

Still havent seen Ryback have a back and forth match so it should be interesting since he will have to do most of the work with Cena hurt.

Ryback will be defeated however, Just never pinned. Basically the difference between a Perfect Game and a No Hitter, yet somehow WWE will try to claim the No Hitter is a better achievement.

But but everyone keeps telling me cm punk needs to beat cena to earn my respect . How could the best in the world run away from the chain gang solder once again.

I hope he picks the ryback

Carnby

MosinovMoHsin

I put my favorite part in bold. lol

Htown

Caught up on Smackown. Del Rio's mockery of Otron wasn't too bad. I'd like to see Del Rio do more of this.

I did legitimately like the moment where Del Rio did the "spin around and slam on the mat" thing and Randy Orton was HOLY SHIT RIGHT IN HIS FACE

The WWE will be promoting a Rolling Stones concert PPV on 12/15 from the Prudential Center in Newark, NJ.

The Stones, featuring Mick Jagger, Keith Richards, Charlie Wats and Ronnie Wood announed today four concert dates, 11/25 and 11/29 at the O2 Arena in London, as well as 12/13 and 12/15 at the Prudential Center.

These will be the Stones first shows since 2007 and be billed as the 50th anniversary tour.

Most of the focus on the press release was on the live shows, but the final show will be a PPV called "One More Shot" at 9 p.m..

"WWE is ecstatic to bring The Rolling Stones into your living room live on PPV for `One More Shot,' the last day of their 50th anniversary shows.

WWE sure does know its demographic.

Ithil

I did legitimately like the moment where Del Rio did the "spin around and slam on the mat" thing and Randy Orton was HOLY SHIT RIGHT IN HIS FACE

Those little lapses in reality in favour of a cool image is what makes wrestling great.

Logically
I know, that's a foreign word for WWE
Punk should pick Ryback since they've been building it up a few weeks and Punk has said Cena doesn't deserve anymore shots.

WWE sure does know its demographic.

Thats a pretty interesting use of WWE's resources. PPV, Stage setup, Pyro, etc...

I think I remember reading a Vince or Mr H's interview a few years back when they said they where looking at expanding and using there live crew for concerts and other events like sports.

Could me a smart move.

Ithil

WWE.com has a major hard-on for Sting. Even though he's never worked for the WWE, he's always ranked highly in Top 20s and retrospectives, he was even in their "Top 50 Finishers" set.

Htown

WWE.com has a major hard-on for Sting. Even though he's never worked for the WWE, he's always ranked highly in Top 20s and retrospectives, he was even in their "Top 50 Finishers" set.

Trying to get him to come to WWE so he can job to HHH one time.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
I don't want to see Ryback in the main event, not after watching some of the house shows. As much as I can't stand John Cena any more and will stop watching or fast forward just to skip it; as much as I truly believe wrestlers should be able to take time off and properly heal and guys like John Cena are going to end up needing help just to move and feed himself by the time he is 50, Cena can at least have a match that lasts more than five minutes without needing to be carried because he has no energy left.

Unless they are going the route of Punk quickly and decisively beat Ryback in a brutal manner and then demanding respect or he'll do it to others, it's going to be an awful match with the man who used to dress up as a cow in FCW.

I would honestly prefer Hornswoggle or Chavo Sr. in a bird suit or modern Billy Kidman or Mae Young and her hand-some son over Ryback or Cena.

Opinion time: What's the finest Flair promo you've ever seen? A friend of mine thinks Flair stinks on the mic, but I want to prove him wrong with a salvo of amazing promo work.

I've never been a fan of Ric Flair's promos and speeches and so most of the time I'm either bored or indifferent. One exception though was Ric Flair and Carlito. http://youtu.be/FStT_VIdW0c

BlazinAm

Whatever happens tonight I'm only tuning in to see John Cena. If I don't see him tonight then it was a night well wasted.

Big questions around John Cena but at the end of day if a year goes by and we don't see a new generation of top level guys then they done fucked up.

That's probably the best sit down interview the WWE's had since...I don't know, a long time. Austin brought it. Straight brought it for no reason at all.

Top Bottom