• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin |OT| Are you a Kane guy? Hell NO! I'm the tag team champions!

somedevil

WWE going with Ryback vs Punk this soon just shows even more that WWE has no one that can replace Cena if he is injured. NO ONE.

Well they do have someone who got an insane face reaction, but the WWE wouldn't do another Punk vs Daniel Bryan match.

I hope they book this with Punk winning the match. Then Cena demands a match but Punk would only do it if Cena's team beats his team at the survivor series. Then they have the last match in December and Punk wins. This then leads into his match with the Rock at the Royal Rumble.

It's more of a "not like this" for me. Never really being impressive. Picking up two 100 pound guys never impressed me. Got to give it to them, the rednecks love it.

I agree that The Ryback isn't really ready at this point to main event a ppv. Add into the fact that neither man should lose at this point and I think were headed to some sort of screwy finish, but it's not Orton, Del Rio, Big Show, or Cena. I'm looking forward to something different. Will it be good in ring? Maybe. Will I laugh at a botch during the match? Probably. Sounds like a good time to me.

I agree that The Ryback isn't really ready at this point to main event a ppv. Add into the fact that neither man should lose at this point and I think were headed to some sort of screwy finish, but it's not Orton, Del Rio, Big Show, or Cena. I'm looking forward to something different. Will it be good in ring? Maybe. Will I laugh at a botch during the match? Probably. Sounds like a good time to me.

I think Brock.

I'm surprised they'd ruin Ryback's undefeated streak so soon.

Ending it now is as good as it's ever going to get. Unless people want him to tear through the entire midcard then main event. Losing now and to the WWE Champion is a good place to end it for both parties. People who hate Ryback (he loses and he stops crushing the entire roster) and people who like him (best possible way to end his streak).

So how else is a Hell in a Cell match supposed to end then? Kinda difficult to do a no contest unless they practically destroy the cell.

Punk runs away through the crowd/out the building/etc after Brock comes down and destroys the cell allowing his escape.

Or something. I bet it ends "no contest".

bangai-o

Banned
Goldberg build was perfect. at around 75 or so he was starting to defeat lower mid card and some lower NWO guys. then came that HUGE match with Raven. and from he was with DDP and Kurt Hennig. eventually making his way to the World Title. Ryback is strange. its like he went from defeating El Dandy straight to Hogan.

Ending it now is as good as it's ever going to get. Unless people want him to tear through the entire midcard then main event. Losing now and to the WWE Champion is a good place to end it for both parties. People who hate Ryback (he loses and he stops crushing the entire roster) and people who like him (best possible way to end his streak).

Him losing the streak now is just stupid. He should be undefeated until after Wrestlemania. He has the potential to be in a big match at that PPV if his undefeated streak actually means something.

Goldberg build was perfect. at around 75 or so he was starting to defeat lower mid card and some lower NWO guys. then came that HUGE match with Raven. and from he was with DDP and Kurt Hennig. eventually making his way to the World Title. Ryback is strange. its like he went from defeating El Dandy straight to Hogan.

Combination of not enough guys on the roster and the rushed nature of today's booking.

Him losing the streak now is just stupid. He should be undefeated until after Wrestlemania. He has the potential to be in a big match at that PPV if his undefeated streak actually means something.

Thing is yes, that would be a cool and exciting way to continue this story. But do you really trust WWE to be that consistent and hold a story together until after Mania?

That's why it's good to end it now before Vince or someone else in Creative gets another stupid idea.

strobogo

Banned
Eh, fuck it, just go with Ryback winning clean and Heyman and Punk pull some contract shenanigans that rendered the match non-title.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
It's sad, but I think I would be way more into the Ryback push if they went to it that way. However, due to the rushed nature, I'm against it.

There are no believable veterans on the roster that can put The Ryback over like all of the guy's you mentioned. He can't go over the upper part of the card because they can't afford to lose for the most part. The rest of the roster is just a bunch of faceless guy's that no one care about. Can't get over beating nobodies.

Ithil

d2auh.gif

NX3kq.gif

Yeah...

Brinbe

Also helped that Goldberg was a hell of a lot more impressive and it was the tremendous crowd that actually prompted his push, not the other way around.

And yeah, fucking hell, Miz is concussed. What a brutal shot.

A.E Suggs

Combination of not enough guys on the roster and the rushed nature of today's booking.

Thing is yes, that would be a cool and exciting way to continue this story. But do you really trust WWE to be that consistent and hold a story together until after Mania?

That's why it's good to end it now before Vince or someone else in Creative gets another stupid idea.

Yep and there's not enough star power like there was at the time. Maybe if ryback picks up bigshow it could boost him up lol.

There are no believable veterans on the roster that can put The Ryback over like all of the guy's you mentioned. He can't go over the upper part of the card because the rest of the roster is just a bunch of faceless guy's who no cares if they win or lose.

I'm trying to think of a heel he could beat that would add legitimacy to him and the best I can come up with other than Punk is Del Rio or Big Show. That says everything.

bangai-o

Banned
who is the wwe version of Raven though? someone holding the US Title that has insane amount of heat. i almost want Santino to go heel.

The more I think about it the more I think Ryback goes over. Even though the smarks don't like him the general fanbase really digs him. Punk is not a HHH or Vince type wrestler. Ryback is the very definition of a Vince McMahon guy. I think he goes over clean in the middle of the ring. Cena has been at the top for as long as any guy in Vince's tenure as owner. Much like he did with Hogan, Shawn, and Bret I think Vince is looking for a new horse to ride into the ground. Lets face it guys like Ziggler and Bryan will get runs only after the Vince archetype fails to do the job.

Ryback is what Vince dreams about at night. Physical beast who would never make it in Hollywood or another medium. He only goes with guys like Bret and Punk as a change of pace, those kind of guys will never be what Vince wants as a headliner.

BlazinAm

The more I think about it the more I think Ryback goes over. Even though the smarks don't like him the general fanbase really digs him. Punk is not a HHH or Vince type wrestler. Ryback is the very definition of a Vince McMahon guy. I think he goes over clean in the middle of the ring. Cena has been at the top for as long as any guy in Vince's tenure as owner. Much like he did with Hogan, Shawn, and Bret I think Vince is looking for a new horse to ride into the ground. Lets face it guys like Ziggler and Bryan will get runs only after the Vince archetype fails to do the job.

Ryback is what Vince dreams about at night. Physical beast who would never make it in Hollywood or another medium. He only goes with guys like Bret and Punk as a change of pace, those kind of guys will never be what Vince wants as a headliner.

It seemed like Vince was going to be the personal manager for Ryback for a second.

Top Bottom