• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin |OT| Are you a Kane guy? Hell NO! I'm the tag team champions!

The more I think about it the more I think Ryback goes over. Even though the smarks don't like him the general fanbase really digs him. Punk is not a HHH or Vince type wrestler. Ryback is the very definition of a Vince McMahon guy. I think he goes over clean in the middle of the ring. Cena has been at the top for as long as any guy in Vince's tenure as owner. Much like he did with Hogan, Shawn, and Bret I think Vince is looking for a new horse to ride into the ground. Lets face it guys like Ziggler and Bryan will get runs only after the Vince archetype fails to do the job.

Ryback is what Vince dreams about at night. Physical beast who would never make it in Hollywood or another medium. He only goes with guys like Bret and Punk as a change of pace, those kind of guys will never be what Vince wants as a headliner.

The Rock is facing the WWE Champion in January.

Ryback will not be feuding with The Rock.

He can't win the title.

strobogo

Banned
Jesus. So many headshots recently (this and Sheamus' come to mind), they might as well bring chairshots back.

Two accidents = so many head shots. Kofi has never hit anything with any impact in his entire career, that was just a fluke. Sheamus had a bit too much momentum. Let's not pretend like dudes are getting their head's busted every match.

krae_man

Jesus. So many headshots recently (this and Sheamus' come to mind), they might as well bring chairshots back.

Kofi fucked up hardcore.

First off, he kicked way too soon to give Miz even a chance to turn around. He pushed Miz chest first into the ropes then kicked him as if Miz hit them back first. Second he kicked as hard as he could which he shouldn't have done and could have still hurt Miz even if he got his hands up to block it.

I wouldn't be surprised if he's fired. This is worse then what Mr Kennedy did.

Also about Ryback. Why the hell is he even in the Raw title picture? Turn Randy Orton Heel, put the title on Orton and build for a Ryback-Orton match at Mania with Ryback still having a clean undefeated record. How hard is that?

Razorskin

----- ------
mQ4qq.jpg

TGMIII

It looked like their setup for the finish got messed up since Miz rolled over while Kofi just stood there. Probably had something to do with it.

Also about Ryback. Why the hell is he even in the Raw title picture? Turn Randy Orton Heel, put the title on Orton and build for a Ryback-Orton match at Mania with Ryback still having a clean undefeated record. How hard is that?

Impossible because Rock is winning the belt at the Royal Rumble and Punk/Rock is the best feud there. Ryback is in the title picture because of WWE's failure to develop and elevate talent. There literally is nobody else

Enfinit

Why the hell does Skip Sheffield always look like he's constipated? Maybe that's why he's so angry all the time because he can't poop and he keeps saying "feed me more" because he's so filled with feces that he can't muster out any more words and he's hoping the more he eats it will force all the poop out.

Holy shit I just figured it out.

Razorskin

----- ------
Why the hell does Skip Sheffield always look like he's constipated? Maybe that's why he's so angry all the time because he can't poop and he keeps saying "feed me more" because he's so filled with feces that he can't muster out any more words and he's hoping the more he eats it will force all the poop out.

Holy shit I just figured it out.

Would explain his huge gut

VerTiGo

Banned
Punk and Aries both getting disrespect lately. Why do I get the feeling that it will be Ryback vs. Rock @ Royal Rumble. It's very Hollywood. Yeah, I'm convinced... Sigh.

On a side note it just dawned upon me. The Rock is pretty much Mr.Satan/Hercule from DBZ/GT.

strobogo

Banned
Would be nice to see a champ that actually hits the gym.

Lol. Even better than you have a Punk avatar. Last week was the first time I've noticed Punk actually having a jiggly gut and I laughed. I kind of want to see him get more and more out of shape just to fuck with Vince.

Who does the winner of the rumble in the Royal Rumble go on to face these days? I still think Ryback starting early in the rumble and going through guys fits the Feed Me More so well that it has to happen.

UberTag

Goldberg build was perfect. at around 75 or so he was starting to defeat lower mid card and some lower NWO guys. then came that HUGE match with Raven. and from he was with DDP and Kurt Hennig. eventually making his way to the World Title. Ryback is strange. its like he went from defeating El Dandy straight to Hogan.
Despite the purported strangeness, Ryback's push does have established precedent.
Sheamus was feuding with (and ending the career of) Jamie Noble just a month before defeating John Cena for his first WWE title.

Despite the purported strangeness, Ryback's push does have established precedent.
Sheamus was feuding with (and ending the career of) Jamie Noble just a month before defeating John Cena for his first WWE title.

Sheamus's first title run was considered a failure

UberTag

Sheamus's first title run was considered a failure
You could say the exact same thing about CM Punk & Edge.
Their first title runs were almost Swagger-like.
Nothing wrong with having practice runs.

They had practice runs with the title and then moved on to bigger & better things.
Just like they had practice runs with Amy Dumas and then moved on to bigger & better things.

They had practice runs with the title and then moved on to bigger & better things.
Just like they had practice runs with Amy Dumas and then moved on to bigger & better things.

Punk is still on his practice run with Lita.

Sheamus is a much better comparison because he was basically pushed because he's HHH's workout buddy and had a look they liked. Punk and Edge were both vets in the ring and really good on the mic. All Ryback is at this moment is a catchphrase. Earlier people compared him to Bryan which is ridiculous. Bryan is one of the best workers around and is fantastic on the mic, in addition to getting a catchphrase over. He's not a one trick pony like Ryback. We are seriously talking about putting the biggest title on a guy who only says three words, hasn't had a televised match longer then 5 minutes, and the biggest "name" he has beat is the Miz. This just reeks of desperation.

On a side note, comparisons to Goldberg are insane as well. People fail to remember how over Goldberg was. Ryback gave his finisher to Punk on free TV tonight (a dumb move) and received almost no reaction.
2279697_o.gif

bangai-o

Banned
Sheamus is a much better comparison because he was basically pushed because he's HHH's workout buddy and had a look they liked.
Sheamus was pushed because he destroyed everyone during his heel run, is strong, and is able to move very well considering his size. his in ring ability is above average and can go 15 minutes. but then wwe realized he is a nice fella that could be a good face, and they needed faces very badly. and they still do.

i think its in their best interest to keep Sheamus face for the long run. now that they gota dose of no-Cena.

Lol. Even better than you have a Punk avatar. Last week was the first time I've noticed Punk actually having a jiggly gut and I laughed. I kind of want to see him get more and more out of shape just to fuck with Vince.

When I was watching the Punk documentary and they were talking about his diet and conditioning, and how he transformed his body, I thought of what WrassleGAF would have to say about that.

Sheamus was pushed because he destroyed everyone during his heel run, is strong, and is able to move very well considering his size. his in ring ability is above average and can go 15 minutes. but then wwe realized he is a nice fella that could be a good face, and they needed faces very badly. and they still do.

i think its in their best interest to keep Sheamus face for the long run. now that they gota dose of no-Cena.

I'm talking his push to his first WWE championship. Sheamus debuted for the ECW brand in June 2009 and beat Cena for the belt in December of 2009. During those months he feuded with the likes of Shelton Benjamin and Jamie Noble, hardly big names. There is only one way to get an astronomic push like that in the WWE, you gotta be either Vince, Stephanie, or HHH's pet project or buddy.

strobogo

Banned
How did Cena go from feuding with Kenzo Suzuki and Rene Dupree to WWE Champion within a year? It seems like every guy that has debuted in the past few years that isn't from NXT gets a massive push to start off with and then it dies down.

Sheamus went from beating up ECW guys straight to beating Cena, then losing the title in the EC, then feuding with HHH (which included putting him out of action for nearly a year), then another title reign, then KOTR, then became the King Jobber for the next year. Such a weird career trajectory. How do you more or less start out feuding with Cena and HHH and be jobbing to Santino by the end of the year?

Whoever decided that cooling down a push = making that guy a complete joke so you have to start from scratch when you want to push him again should have been fired long ago. It's not a surprise they can't build stars when they intentionally snuff out the ones that start shining.

It's been a pretty big problem for the past 5-6 years now and it is killing them right now.

How did Cena go from feuding with Kenzo Suzuki and Rene Dupree to WWE Champion within a year? It seems like every guy that has debuted in the past few years that isn't from NXT gets a massive push to start off with and then it dies down.

Sheamus went from beating up ECW guys straight to beating Cena, then losing the title in the EC, then feuding with HHH (which included putting him out of action for nearly a year), then another title reign, then KOTR, then became the King Jobber for the next year. Such a weird career trajectory. How do you more or less start out feuding with Cena and HHH and be jobbing to Santino by the end of the year?

Whoever decided that cooling down a push = making that guy a complete joke so you have to start from scratch when you want to push him again should have been fired long ago. It's not a surprise they can't build stars when they intentionally snuff out the ones that start shining.

It's been a pretty big problem for the past 5-6 years now and it is killing them right now.

Same thing with Wade Barrett. He was positioned as a major threat to John Cena all throughout 2010. Then, he spent all of 2011 as nothing but a mid-card nobody.

Top Bottom