• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin |OT| Are you a Kane guy? Hell NO! I'm the tag team champions!

rvd2kewl

22728_10151148031221026_1274299234_n.jpg

Awesome picture for so many reasons.

Would've expected that shot of Hogan to be photoshopped into a few pictures by now. GAF's slacking.

krae_man

Just idiotic. It's a D level wrestling show, switch the main event and let Miz clear his head for a few days.

@WWE just spoiled the outcome of the match:

http://i.imgur.com/q5KZA.jpg
(Warning Match outcome is spoiled in the image)

So Kofi is rewarded for his reckless behavior so Miz can get some time off to recover after wrestling one more time? No way that was the original plan. Since when does a face beat a heel champion clean in a non title match, then beat them again when the title is on the line?

rvd2kewl

So Kofi is rewarded for his reckless behavior so Miz can get some time off to recover after wrestling one more time? No way that was the original plan.

I expected Kofi to win as soon as Miz started calling him a choke artist last night. Even though it's classic heel stuff, they wouldn't allow it unless they were planning on a title switch.

rvd2kewl

So...
who's going after the IC while Miz is away? Barrett? Cesaro? ...Otunga?

Barrett would be cool but I don't think it's going to be a real short reign for Kofi and I wouldn't think they'd give Kofi much of a shot against Barrett. Del Rio perhaps?

gurudyne

I wouldn't mind seeing the first or last.

I wouldn't mind seeing the second or the last. I just think
Barret's got a part to play in making the WHC relevant again. Hopefully, he and Ziggler make some plays for it in the coming months. Need more men in the ME scene. IC seems like too much of a step backwards for Barrett at this point in time.

Otunga on the other hand could use some help.

Alucard

Banned
Weird booking to let Kofi take it like that. You'd think that with the win on Raw, Miz would have retained. Swerve?

Miz had an absolutely TERRIBLE reign with the belt. What was his win-loss record while holding it? It has got to be in the negatives.

Anyway, I wonder where Kofi will go from here. A belt doesn't automatically give a guy mic skills and personality...

Been watching a Ring of Honor DVD I bought a while back called "Best in the World." It has a load of matches that showcase the organization. Some really good stuff on there, including a slug and spot-fest between Claudio Castagnoli (currently Antonio Cesaro in WWE) and the great El Generico.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1D5SvjeVYc

If you want to see Cesaro's roots and him learning to be a superstar, watch the above 3 minute and 45 second highlight pack of his match against El Generico. It started off a little slow, but it reeeeeaaaally built up near the end. Starting from the 1:30 mark, you see a load of "HOLY SHIT!" moments and moves, including the infamous "dive through the ropes" DDT by El Generico.

9genericorampage2.gif

(similar greatness in the video above)

PLEASE CHECK OUT THIS HIGHLIGHT PACK!

bangai-o

Banned
i just watched the Kofi kick on youtube. everyone reacted, including the announcers. Thats a nice change. probably reacted more then the main event.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Do not EVER accuse me of liking the Miz.

Him getting his face kicked in is just karma for him nearly injuring R-Truth.

KissVibes

Banned
I like how all of a sudden people care about Miz just because someone they don't like (Kofi, in this case) hit him a bit harder than normal.

Not true in my case. When Miz returned with his new haircut and facial hair I was exited to see where he went. See, I never had a real issue with Miz as he's good on the microphone, a decent-great wrestler, and has an undeniable love for the business which in my book goes a long way if you're good at the other two things mentioned. I just thought his look was fucking stupid and that he presented himself as a kid with his stupid fauxhawk thing. His ring attire is still stupid though. He'd look better in ziggler-style shorts or even pants.

Now that he's improved his look (love his choice of suits) I'd like him to go extremely far.

@WWE just spoiled the outcome of the match:

http://i.imgur.com/q5KZA.jpg
(Warning Match outcome is spoiled in the image)

So Kofi is rewarded for his reckless behavior so Miz can get some time off to recover after wrestling one more time? No way that was the original plan. Since when does a face beat a heel champion clean in a non title match, then beat them again when the title is on the line?

Jesus Christ, this is the worst outcome.

Obviously Kofi knew that by fucking up Miz legit last night would force them to take the belt off Miz and put it on him. I can't wait until Kofi shows up in the Impact Zone as Kofi Mensah. Goddamn he's bland. Best/Worst of Raw this week perfectly outlines why Kofi is so bad and I was giddy when Miz started dropping bombs on him last night. I wish John Morrison was here instead of Kofi. Morrison was great and passable on the microphone.

Not true in my case. When Miz returned with his new haircut and facial hair I was exited to see where he went. See, I never had a real issue with Miz as he's good on the microphone, a decent-great wrestler, and has an undeniable love for the business which in my book goes a long way if you're good at the other two things mentioned. I just thought his look was fucking stupid and that he presented himself as a kid with his stupid fauxhawk thing. His ring attire is still stupid though. He'd look better in ziggler-style shorts or even pants.

Now that he's improved his look (love his choice of suits) I'd like him to go extremely far.

I like his new look too, but I'm also not going to pretend that most of the guys here wouldn't turn a blind eye (or actually cheer) if someone like Punk went stiff on Miz.

KissVibes

Banned
I like his new look too, but I'm also not going to pretend that most of the guys here wouldn't turn a blind eye (or actually cheer) if someone like Punk went stiff on Miz.

I kinda ignored the second half of your post there and went off on how I like the Miz, my bad. Those people would be pretty dumb not to treat Punk or Bryan negitively if they were stiff like that on the Miz or anyone else.

I thinks it's worse for Kofi because there isn't much to like about the guy. The only thing people like to bring up in his defense seem to be that one boom drop on Orton nearly three years ago. Which wasn't even that great.

I thinks it's worse for Kofi because there isn't much to like about the guy. The only thing people like to bring up in his defense seem to be that one boom drop on Orton nearly three years ago. Which wasn't even that great.

It's not so much the one boom drop as it was everything leading up to it. Legacy was at an all-time high at that point, and having someone like Kofi come out of nowhere and stand up to them, and then beat the holy hell out of Orton was amazing to see as it happened. Then STUPIDgate happened, and ...well, that was that.

Why are we spoiler tagging something that wwe.com has on their front page?

And do people actually care who the Intercontinental Champion is? It's a jobber championship.

Striker

Miz is the definition of bland as a ring performer, and he has the whiniest voice you can get. I'll take Kofi and his acrobatics over his shit any day.

Yeah the Miz has no personality in the ring. He hasn't found a "style". I'd rather watch Cena wrestle tbh. He is good on the mic though. Kofi is average as fuck on the mic but has an in-ring style.

Maybe Barrett Cody Christian Miz Kofi will be the champion to finally bring back some legitimacy to the IC division and make it a viable title.

Just kidding, no one would ever say that about Kofi.

bangai-o

Banned
we didnt have a sync tube last week. Tuesdays seems like a good day. so whoever is good at putting those together should pick Tuesday. I bring this up, because some old school matches like that Macho Man youtube should be in the playlist.

pants

The IC championship can finally be the main event of a PPV since Summerslam 92!
Survivor Series 2012 :
John Cena (c) vs Randy Orton for the Intercontinental Championship (Main Event)
CM Punk (c) vs Daniel Bryan for the WWE Championship ..

curtain jerking.

timrannosaurus

Neo Member
What is everyones general opinion on Kofi Kingston? My buddy dislikes him very much whereas I think he is genuinely one of the most entertaining wrestlers currently signed to the WWE.

I'm fairly certain they are using these Wade Barrett vs Sheamus matches as some sort of test for a possible WrestleMania match. I almost guarantee it.

I think it's funny that everyone assumes
kofi only won because he legit injured miz, sure he stiffed him but it was only one shot, had he legit concussed him they simply wouldn't have sent him out, everyone fucks up from time to time but some are jumped on more than others

Yeah the Miz has no personality in the ring. He hasn't found a "style". I'd rather watch Cena wrestle tbh. He is good on the mic though. Kofi is average as fuck on the mic but has an in-ring style.

Cena has no style either. They're on the same level of bland, Cena is just more hateable because of how they book him, and his awful promos...and the no selling, and his jorts, and his ugly technique, and his douchesmirk, and his terrible promos. Dude has ZERO in ring charisma. The same can be said for damn near the entire roster though, so whatevs.

Top Bottom