• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin |OT| Are you a Kane guy? Hell NO! I'm the tag team champions!

hertog

I want to post the replica Sin Cara mask in here, but due to the extreme racial sensitivity on Neogaf I'm afraid I would get banned :(

Aiii

So not worth it
You guys, I just started realising how hard this WrestleMania main event is gonna suck.

So we now have a champion that is gonna go over a year on his reign, he's gonna be unbeatable, not even the biggest tough man they have, THE RYBACK, is gonna beat him. He's superman incarnate, he is CM Punk! Yay.

Then it's gonna get to the Rumble and the only person that is able to defeat the champion is The Rock, it's gonna be legendary, a legend has to take down the champ, Punk can only be defated by the great one, he's gonna look like a million bucks.

Then it's WrestleMania time, and here comes Rock vs. Rumble Winner John Cena! And the subsequent decisive win by Cena. Post-WM will suck for months. The almighty Punk who beat Cena tons of times will still look less powerful then the guy, despite all the effort they put in with this year-long run and nothing is accomplished in the end.

Seriously, the only way to avoid this is by either Rock winning and retaining the championship at WrestleMania, which won't happen. Or somehow Punk is in the match with Rock (along with Cena perhaps) and gets the belt back or Cena sneakily wins the match making Punk look like the stronger competitor.

Lets face it, that last part is not gonna happen, unless the new booking team realises they don't need to build Cena up any more instead of retaining his 10-year push.

Best start preparing for next April now.

hertog

...now I'm curious.

67084.jpg

Well it's not a afro-american, gay or a woman stereotype. So I think I'll be safe

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
So I feel like the title match is a make-or-break deal for the Ryback. He screws this up, he gets to join Mason Ryan in Gigantic Jobber Land.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Well it's not a afro-american or a woman stereotype. So I think I'll be safe

Oh goddammit

I couldnt help it I did giggle for a second. It looks ridiculously assembled.

Some EVOLVE/DGUSA updates;

. EVOLVE 18 will take place on December 8th in Voorhees, NJ at 4PM - the early bell-time is because the show will be a double-header with CZW's 2012 Cage of Death event.
. Jon Davis speaks on his recent actions in EVOLVE; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQQ2DOwMGQI
. Frightmare has suffered an injury and will be replaced by Fire Ant on the DGUSA triple-shot.

Owen's wake?

I would guess so, it's a real who's-who of wrestling talent at the time (and Shane Douglas).

dubq

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ch7A3-JV9vs

Dean Ambrose's entrance is in WWE 13. That should tide over everyone before he debuts as an entirely different character.

Also celebrating Halloween month by changing my avatar to look like Jason The Terrible from W*ING. Don't know why I like the crappy gimmick so much.

I haven't seen much of Ambrose in FCW. What's his gimmick? Actually drunk? Or more of a Shinsuke Nakamura aloof/cock drunken master thing?

I haven't seen much of Ambrose in FCW. What's his gimmick? Actually drunk? Or more of a Shinsuke Nakamura aloof/cock drunken master thing?

A Joker-esque psycho type character. Strongly recommend his matches with Seth Rollins and his feud with William Regal

So I feel like the title match is a make-or-break deal for the Ryback. He screws this up, he gets to join Mason Ryan in Gigantic Jobber Land.

Whether he screws up or not, the problem is that they've booked themselves into a corner, interestingly enough, by not booking anyone except Cena as credible contenders for the title. Now we have heel CM Punk in month 10 of his reign vs. still undefeated Rembrandt, who's only here because Cena's hurt, in a Hell In A Cell match which leaves almost no logical "out" where CM Punk keeps the title, Ray-ban remains strong, and provides a satisfying end to the PPV.

Either Punk, RyVanDam, or the PPV will suffer. It's inevitable.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
A Joker-esque psycho type character. Strongly recommend his matches with Seth Rollins and his feud with William Regal

Unpopular opinion time:

It's not THAT good. I'm not a fan. Sorry guys. :(

Whether he screws up or not, the problem is that they've booked themselves into a corner, interestingly enough, by not booking anyone except Cena as credible contenders for the title. Now we have heel CM Punk in month 10 of his reign vs. still undefeated Rembrandt, who's only here because Cena's hurt, in a Hell In A Cell match which leaves almost no logical "out" where CM Punk keeps the title, Ray-ban remains strong, and provides a satisfying end to the PPV.

Either Punk, RyVanDam, or the PPV will suffer. It's inevitable.
How much you want to bet it'll be the PPV?

Ithil

Guess who else has an entrance in WWE 13?

By the way, the call name list is enormous, much larger than last years. For example, in the A section there's "Austin" and "Aries".

He still gets about largely with a wheelchair, but can stand and walk unaided for brief periods nowadays.

I remember I was so devastated when I heard he got hurt, and then the video jesus. I am glad he survived, and to hear that he can kind of walk is great news.

Thanks Bootaaay.

Do you have any recent pics of him on the last 3 years or so?

evil ways

I remember I was so devastated when I heard he got hurt, and then the video jesus. I am glad he survived, and to hear that he can kind of walk is great news.

Thanks Bootaaay.

Do you have any recent pics of him on the last 3 years or so?

This was during the recent WWE Japan Tour

ALBERTO+Y+HAYABUSA.jpg

Guess who else has an entrance in WWE 13?

By the way, the call name list is enormous, much larger than last years. For example, in the A section there's "Austin" and "Aries".

Ugh. I think i might just get the game for ps3 and just get as many CAWs as possible. I wonder if there will be a good ultramantis black mask to use.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Hayabusa is the most underrated wrestler ever, and easily in my top 5 of all time. I posted a bunch of videos of his matches some time ago. The man gave up his body for the sake of a struggling promotion, even while getting bigger offers elsewhere. It's a damn shame that he can't go anymore.

Hayabusa is the most underrated wrestler ever, and easily in my top 5 of all time. I posted a bunch of videos of his matches some time ago. The man gave up his body for the sake of a struggling promotion, even while getting bigger offers elsewhere. It's a damn shame that he can't go anymore.

Well said. I have so much respect for him man. I always have. Interestingly enough it was ECW that really opened my eyes to him, which prompted me to buy VHS tapes.

Jamie OD

Hmm. WWE spoiling their own Main Event match.

They did that before when Edge cashed Money In The Bank on Taker in 2007. It happened on Smackdown but was announced as breaking news on the website after the taping as well as on that week's episode of ECW.

jmdajr

They did that before when Edge cashed Money In The Bank on Taker in 2007. It happened on Smackdown but was announced as breaking news on the website after the taping as well as on that week's episode of ECW.

Guess it just doesn't happen so often.

Top Bottom