• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin |OT| Are you a Kane guy? Hell NO! I'm the tag team champions!

BlazinAm

Who else could he be talking about? He's clearly talking about Daniel Bryan!

Didn't Daniel Bryan win his last two ppv matches. Win-losses don't matter in the wwe and win-losses matter in TNA when your a champ or when they start you off with a winning streak. Yes I agree that Big Show going over Daniel Bryan pushes Bryan in the real world but that is not how wwe functions. Look at Dolph Ziggler, I like the guy but when he wins the title him being booked strong is going to be a 180 from what they are doing now. He's getting the 2005-2006 Rey Mysterio push.

Alucard

Banned
Maybe we should be asking ourselves if CM Punk can main event in the current era first. Only time will tell!

As I mentioned before, he said the only thing that's left for him is to main event Wrestlemania. It's the one thing he still wants to do in the company. I really hope he gets the chance to do so because he has earned it.

somedevil

As I mentioned before, he said the only thing that's left for him is to main event Wrestlemania. It's the one thing he still wants to do in the company. I really hope he gets the chance to do so because he has earned it.

My bet he will Main Event 2014 Wrestlemania when its him versus Austin. Then he retires or takes a break when his contract runs out in 2015.

If they actually go somewhere with this 'hes so weak lololol look he only has the tag belts cause Kane etc' thing then I'll accept it, but more than likely they wont and it'll just be "Ha-ha, goatface."

Why is Del Rio still beating him clean just to 'make a statement' or whatever the f**k reason it was for in his and Ortons pointless filler feud.

My boy D-Bry deserves better. I love the comedy bits, its just they do that and then send him out to die in singles matches still pointlessly for other people.

Alucard

Banned
Btw, to those who were saying that "Bryan is not over; his chant is," people were chanting his name all the way back during his NXT tenure, and they loved him in his Cole feud, and when he won the belt from Big Show, and when he did just about anything.

Bryan is the Next Big Thing, and once they take off the reins a little more, everyone will see that HE is truly the best wrestler in the world. Punk is probably a better storyteller right now, bit in terms of in-ring ability, I'd say Bryan is the company's top guy.

Oh, and no one takes bumps like Tyson Kidd and Dolph Ziggler!

I seriously doubt Punk will still be The Man long enough to headline a WM. The Austin match could be big enough but it's so hard to imagine Cena not being the focus in storyline leading in to Wrestlemania.

Btw, to those who were saying that "Bryan is not over; his chant is," people were chanting his name all the way back during his NXT tenure, and they loved him in his Cole feud, and when he won the belt from Big Show, and when he did just about anything.

Bryan is the Next Big Thing, and once they take off the reins a little more, everyone will see that HE is truly the best wrestler in the world. Punk is probably a better storyteller right now, bit in terms of in-ring ability, I'd say Bryan is the company's top guy. Oh, and no one takes bumps like Tyson Kidd and Dolph Ziggler!

Bryan isn't going to be the Next Big Thing until every single person running WWE dies and is replaced with Internet smarks.

I like Bryan, he's my favourite guy in the company, but he's never getting higher than upper midcard. Ever.

Ithil

I seriously doubt Punk will still be The Man long enough to headline a WM. The Austin match could be big enough but it's so hard to imagine Cena not being the focus in storyline leading in to Wrestlemania.
Cena is a fucking albatross around the neck of the company. There are so many more talented and more entertaining people deserving of the spotlight that it's kind of sickening to see them throw everything they have under the bus to try to make Cena the main event, more and more.

Alucard

Banned
Seriously, you guys who are unfamiliar with Bryan's independent heel work need to fix that asap. Check out "Bryan Danielson Lance Storm" on youtube for a spectacle.

Kyoufu

I think we both know Vince has a massive stiffy at the thought of Austin headlining Wrestlemania again no matter who the opponent.

Alucard

Banned
Cena is a fucking albatross around the neck of the company. There are so many more talented and more entertaining people deserving of the spotlight that it's kind of sickening to see them throw everything they have under the bus to try to make Cena the main event, more and more.

I really don't get how a guy who has cut some BRUTAL promos over his career is this popular. Or I do. We were all little jimmies at one point. Regardless, I'm also bothered by the WWE catering to Cena.

Alucard

Banned
Bryan isn't going to be the Next Big Thing until every single person running WWE dies and is replaced with Internet smarks.

I like Bryan, he's my favourite guy in the company, but he's never getting higher than upper midcard. Ever.

Why you gotta spit truth? :(

I really believe that if they allow Bryan to use his full-on heel persona, he could do things that would match Punk's pipebomb.

I think we both know Vince has a massive stiffy at the thought of Austin headlining Wrestlemania again no matter who the opponent.

True, but can you really imagine Cena just involved in a second tier feud? I know he has before but that was back when we had Shawn Michaels and The Undertaker.

Kyoufu

True, but can you really imagine Cena just involved in a second tier feud? I know he has before but that was back when we had Shawn Michaels and The Undertaker.

Austin is bigger than both Shawn and Undertaker though!

He's the biggest star in the business. WWE wouldn't even be around today if it weren't for him. He chose Punk, so Vince and other pro-Cena suits in the back will have to deal with it.

Besides I hear Punk will retire after he headlines WM.

Ithil

I really don't get how a guy who has cut some BRUTAL promos over his career is this popular. Or I do. We were all little jimmies at one point. Regardless, I'm also bothered by the WWE catering to Cena.

He's this popular still because they've artificially made it so. When you act like one guy is the only guy that matters, he's the main event, the only reason to watch, for years and years, then he becomes it, no matter how shit.

It's hard to stop protecting the guy when he's really your only regular performer who has any kind of draw. If I was running WWE now what possible reason would I have to believe CM Punk should headline WM over Cena? The numbers pretty much damn Punk.

Punk's saving grace is I think Austin only wants to work with him and would only come back to main event, but if you remove Austin Punk just would never naturally rise that high.

Kyoufu

It's hard to stop protecting the guy when he's really your only regular performer who has any kind of draw. If I was running WWE now what possible reason would I have to believe CM Punk should headline WM over Cena? The numbers pretty much damn Punk.

Punk's saving grace is I think Austin only wants to work with him and would only come back to main event, but if you remove Austin Punk just would never naturally rise that high.

Can you blame Punk though? He has been booked to shit. Cena was booked really well thus got over immensely and is STILL protected today.

Punk can barely get a clean win.

Also forgot to mention, whether you like him or whatever Jeff Harvey has always had epic overness. Its ridiculous.

But just their luck they give him the big moment win for everyone to go batshit cheering and of course half the crowd hated him lol.

AA wasn't the right guy to lose to him, that 'feud' just felt off and rushed compared to some of the other ones they have going/set up. They kinda wasted AA's run though so its not surprising. :(

Face Bully will be interesting.

Bobby Roooooooo still the best thing going and Daniels not far behind.

Can you blame Punk though? He has been booked to shit. Cena was booked really well thus got over immensely and is STILL protected today.

Punk can barely get a clean win.
I'm not blaming Punk at all, but it is what it is. Cena is WWE is Cena. It's just a complete self fulfilling prophecy at this point.

Also from this weeks F4W:

Until the moment the Punk vs. Ryback decision was official for Hell in a Cell, a lot of different ideas were batted around in creative as to what to do. Obviously, the main idea was to either go with Cena or Ryback, the latter only if Cena wasn't going to be medically cleared in time to work Hell in a Cell. His elbow damage was more severe than initially thought when they finally went in and cleaned it out. The idea of doing a three-way was broached. The idea of having Ziggler cash in on John Cena, even though Ziggler technically has the World Title briefcase, was broached. On Monday, CrankyVince on Twitter wrote: "SURE! WHY NOT DO HELL IN A CELL? ENOUGH GAGA IN A CAGE WITH PUNK TO GET A MATCH OUT OF ME. ALL THE OTHER OPTIONS CAN CRAWL UP MY ASS & DIE." I checked around immediately and was told that wasn't the match, though a second source noted that, in fact, the idea of Punk vs. Vince in the cage was thrown out earlier in the week. "It was killed within 30 minutes," this person noted.

Vince would be better than Ryback as a worker, I have no doubt.

Ithil

But its their own damn fault. They made Cena the only important guy, the franchise player, at the expense of all others, and what do you know, he's their only draw now. You only further the problem by focusing everything on him.

Yeah, moving on from your only draw would cause a drop in takings as you build new stars. But when its your own fault you're in this mess, when the situation is your own doing, you deserve the loss in takings. They can't seem to face that slow period where your takings are lower for a time, before you find new draws in your young talent, and so they prolong the Cena Era as long as they can, further and further damning their own future.

What if Cena was killed in a car accident tomorrow? What the fuck would they do then? Never focus your whole company on one person. Austin might have been the biggest star, but they had a ton of talent coming into the main event, hot as hell, it would not have been over if they lost Austin, and hell, they did, while he had his neck surgery, and they had Rock/Taker/HHH to do big business in the meantime, no problem.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
They even hug it out better than DBry and Kane
LKoEg.gif

But its their own damn fault. They made Cena the only important guy, the franchise player, at the expense of all others, and what do you know, he's their only draw now. You only further the problem by focusing everything on him.

Yeah, moving on from your only draw would cause a drop in takings as you build new stars. But when its your own fault you're in this mess, when the situation is your own doing, you deserve the loss in takings. They can't seem to face that slow period where your takings are lower for a time, before you find new draws in your young talent, and so they prolong the Cena Era as long as they can, further and further damning their own future.

What if Cena was killed in a car accident tomorrow? What the fuck would they do then? Never focus your whole company on one person. Austin might have been the biggest star, but they had a ton of talent coming into the main event, hot as hell, it would not have been over if they lost Austin, and hell, they did, while he had his neck surgery, and they had Rock/Taker/HHH to do big business in the meantime, no problem.

I don't disagree, I'm just saying its hard to say "well Punk has been the main face of Raw during its worst ratings for 15 years, lets have him headline over Cena". Whether or not its Punk's fault isn't really the point.

Ithil

No because Sheamus beat him in only 18 seconds at Wrestlemania 28 for the World Heavyweight Championship.

It's funny how Sheamus is only over "by default" (perfunctionary pop from the crowd, but no real caring) despite all the superman pushes, and how they mention the 18 seconds thing all the time for Sheamus, while Bryan is generally booked as being weaker than most of the main event guys yet is the most over guy in the company.

Audience reactions are very random in whether the company will actually respond to them or not.

THAT WAS AJ'S FAULT AND YOU KNOW IT

Oh don't give me that, the referee called for the bell when he determined that both competitors were ready.

I also don't want to hear any "Bryan beat Bryan" crap. To do so would be a diservice to Sheamus and the devastating Brogue kick.

Daniel Bryan is not better than Sheamus and therefore not the best in the world.

You mean a microphone? Oooooooooo.

Kane's pipe bombs are actual pipe bombs.

Kane had to fall back on his supernatural shit and riding The Undertaker's coattails to hang in the Attitude Era.

CM Punk would've been the top guy in either WWF or WCW by just being CM Punk, no flashy gimmicks or being keyfabe related to Stone Cold necessary.

Top Bottom