• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin |OT| Are you a Kane guy? Hell NO! I'm the tag team champions!

No because Sheamus beat him in only 18 seconds at Wrestlemania 28 for the World Heavyweight Championship.

bullshit.gif

That match pretty much sums up my feelings about the wwe as a whole. Bryan represents the fans (both smarks and marks alike) eager to enjoy the product and give Vince their money. Sheamus takes the roll of Vince with a big FUCK YOU.

if it were not for the fans the next night I would have been done. Honestly most times I wish I had left.

Kyoufu

That match pretty much sums up my feelings about the wwe as a whole. Bryan represents the fans (both smarks and marks alike) eager to enjoy the product and give Vince their money. Sheamus takes the roll of Vince with a big FUCK YOU.

if it were not for the fans the next night I would have been done. Honestly most times I wish I had left.

This is how I feel except with me it goes all the way back to last year's defining promo for Punk.

I was ready to stop watching completely. :(

When Punk retires I will stop for sure.

I'm not willing to watch Ryback as Champion for a decade.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Kane had to fall back on his supernatural shit and riding The Undertaker's coattails to hang in the Attitude Era.

CM Punk would've been the top guy in either WWF or WCW by just being CM Punk, no flashy gimmicks or being keyfabe related to Stone Cold necessary.
Are you kidding? Kane was what kept Taker relevant in the Attitude Era. And Punk's flabby ass would never have survived in the WWE without steroids, and he would have never even be let into the NWO in WCW.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Kane was fun to watch but let's face it, his gimmick wouldn't have worked without Undertaker.
Well, duh. His gimmick was being Taker's brother, lol.

In the Kane interview that I posted earlier. Here it is again. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNtDdbIH7M0 it's the only shoot interview he's ever done, and it was in 2009, he stated that Kane was supposed to be just a one shot deal and not last past its initial run. The fact that 15 years later, he's still entertaining and improving is amazing.

And with no Taker, either.

What?

Daniel Bryan is a gutless sleazeball that was abusive to his girlfriend and had to win the World Heavyweight Championship by cashing in a briefcase. Lets not forget that he vowed to not cash in the case until Wrestlemania, that makes him a hypocrite. He also didn't even deserve to win the Money in the Bank briefcase, he just stood around while everyone else beat each other up and did all the work. They all tried to legit get the case, Daniel Bryan just snuck up there like a weasel.

Meanwhile, Sheamus wins the Royal Rumble and treats his Wrestlemania match with the seriousness it deserves and wins the title the right way while also setting a record for fastest win.

And Daniel Bryan is the one you like?

Daniel Bryan losing in 18 seconds is what almost drove you away?

The coward got what he deserved.

Are you kidding? Kane was what kept Taker relevant in the Attitude Era.
Undertaker was doing just fine maineventing against the likes of Stone Cold and Mankind. Not only did Kane need Taker more than vice versa, but Kane also heavily relied on Paul Bearer. CM Punk doesn't need anyone to talk for him.

And Punk's flabby ass would never have survived in the WWE without steroids, and he would have never even be let into the NWO in WCW.

Punk's physique is comparable to Shawn Michael's, X-Pac, or Jeff Hardy's at the time, he would have fit right in.

CM Punk joining the NWO would be one of their biggest acquisitions just because it would be so unconventional. Imagine the swerve.

You could put Punk anywhere and he'd dominate. Instead of Raven's Flock, it'd be Punk's Flock. Picture Punk tag teaming with Karl Malone, it all works.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Undertaker was doing just fine maineventing against the likes of Stone Cold and Mankind. Not only did Kane need Taker more than vice versa, but Kane also heavily relied on Paul Bearer. CM Punk doesn't need anyone to talk for him.

Punk's physique is comparable to Shawn Michael's, X-Pac, or Jeff Hardy's at the time, he would have fit right in.

CM Punk joining the NWO would be one of their biggest acquisitions just because it would be so unconventional. Imagine the swerve.

You could put Punk anywhere and he'd dominate. Instead of Raven's Flock, it'd be Punk's Flock. Picture Punk tag teaming with Karl Malone, it all works.
Like Punk would have been given mic time in the Attitude Era, lol. This is what HBK looked like in the Attitude Era.

bret-hart-shawn-michaels.jpg

And you're right, Punk does have a similar physique to Pac and Hardy. Two guys who went nowhere in the Attitude Era.

Alucard

Banned
What?

Daniel Bryan is a gutless sleazeball that was abusive to his girlfriend and had to win the World Heavyweight Championship by cashing in a briefcase. Lets not forget that he vowed to not cash in the case until Wrestlemania, that makes him a hypocrite. He also didn't even deserve to win the Money in the Bank briefcase, he just stood around while everyone else beat each other up and did all the work. They all tried to legit get the case, Daniel Bryan just snuck up there like a weasel.

Meanwhile, Sheamus wins the Royal Rumble and treats his Wrestlemania match with the seriousness it deserves and wins the title the right way while also setting a record for fastest win.

And Daniel Bryan is the one you like?

Daniel Bryan losing in 18 seconds is what almost drove you away?

The coward got what he deserved.

tumblr_m98x6iiGrP1r5qulq.gif

Alucard

Banned

ibmB1rj7pF1BLd.gif

Ithil

Like Punk would have been given mic time in the Attitude Era, lol. This is what HBK looked like in the Attitude Era.

And you're right, Punk does have a similar physique to Pac and Hardy. Two guys who went nowhere in the Attitude Era.

For a second I thought you meant Pac as in PAC, not X-Pac, and was like "similiar physique to Punk? what".
17YrO.jpg

For a second I thought you meant Pac as in PAC, not X-Pac, and was like "similiar physique to Punk? what".
http://i.imgur.com/17YrO.jpg?1[/IG][/QUOTE]

The only Pac to me IS X-Pac. I don't know who that jobber you posted is. Probably a mark from some underclass indy fed with shit production values and flat asses.

I cannot tell if this is sarcasm or not.

I hope this was meant as a troll post. Please check out this 17 second video to see what the WWE is going to get once Pac gets out of developmental: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwEF0nxJgDE
The part about not knowing who PAC was legitimate. THe rest was pure sarcasm. Can't believe you marks forgot the comedy stylings of the now banned Heavy, former WrassleGAF Poster.
do those indi feds usually have flat butt talents?

LMAO

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Both Sin Cara and Kane had an impostor storyline so when are we getting a fake Rey Mysterio?

Given mic time? Punk would take the mic whenever he felt like it.

Here's what HBK looked like:

13_HBK_97.jpg

Notice how the rise on his tights is well above his navel, keeping his gut concealed.

While Punk wears lower rise trunks more common in this era. If the rise was as high as HBK's they'd look the same.

SD_685_Photo_161-1

Here's HBK sucking his gut in for his signature pose:

08_HBK_95.jpg

Punk is comfortable with his physique and only mildy sucks it in at times:

SD_685_Photo_162-1

Take a look at Shawn Michaels' lack of muscle mass, especially in stark contrast to Top Guy at the time, Steve Austin. And yet he's still right there, at the top of the company. Also look at Michaels' legs, it's no wonder he wore tights instead of trunks like Punk.

15_HBK_99.jpg

Meanwhile, CM Punk is much more evenly proportioned:

ME_001_Photo_015.jpg

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m98x6iiGrP1r5qulq.gif[img][/QUOTE]

[quote="Alucard, post: 43325990"][img]http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk19/Threddd/ibmB1rj7pF1BLd.gif[img][/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/A013R.gif

http://i.imgur.com/17YrO.jpg?1[IMG][/QUOTE]
Who?
I will say this, British wrestlers are much better than American, Canadian, and Mexican wrestlers.

[quote="SoulPlaya, post: 43326175"]Lol, no way.[/QUOTE]

The benefits of Punk's clean lifestyle far outweigh the negatives.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Isn't that pic of HBK with Austin in 1999 when HBK wasn't even wrestling anymore?

And HBK had one thing over Punk in the Attitude Era. HBK is arguably the best ever.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Well, I just played that Fire Pro trial on xbox for the first time.

Jesus Christ. I think this was stealth released by THQ just to make people buy WWE 13 instead.

jobber

HBK's gimmick was a male stripper.

Punk's gimmick is a straight edge hipster. Not some jacked up gym rat.

HBK's gimmick was a male stripper.

Punk's gimmick is a straight edge hipster. Not some jacked up gym rat.

But do you agree with me that their physiques are similar (Attitude Era HBK & current CM Punk) or with Soulplaya that Michaels was in much better shape?

SoulPlaya

more money than God
But do you agree with me that their physiques are similar (Attitude Era HBK & current CM Punk) or with Soulplaya that Michaels was in much better shape?
Let's not forget folks. HBK did a spread in Playgirl. Do you really think Punk's physique is good enough for playgirl?

jobber

90's HBK was jacked (probably from roids).
UA6be.jpg

I've never seen Punk look anything close to that.

Yeah, I'm not seeing it.

I would call Shawn Michaels a smaller guy when compared to say, Bret Hart, Stone Cold, Undertaker, The Rock, etc.

Just like CM Punk is smaller than John Cena, Sheamus, Triple H, and Ryback.

In either of their cases, it didn't deter them from reaching the top. So you could easily drop CM Punk in 97/98 era Shawn Michael's boots and you'd get equal, if not better, results.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Yeah, I'm not seeing it.

I would call Shawn Michaels a smaller guy when compared to say, Bret Hart, Stone Cold, Undertaker, The Rock, etc.

In either of their cases, it didn't deter them from reaching the top. So you could easily drop CM Punk in 97/98 era Shawn Michael's boots and you'd get equal, if not better, results.
Wait, are you saying that Punk would (or may have been) have been better than HBK in 1997? WHAT?!

And guys, check it out! I found a pic of Kane with Ricky Steamboat.

Harley20Omori2020Kane.jpg

jobber

Yeah, I'm not seeing it.

Punk also has the disadvantage of having tatts covering up both of his arms. Even if he had arms like 90s HBK, it would be hard to tell.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Yeah, I'm not seeing it.

None of Punk's matches in WWE have been anywhere close to HBK's best pre injury matches.

Wait, are you saying that Punk would (or may have been) have been better than HBK in 1997? WHAT?!

And guys, check it out! I found a pic of Kane with Ricky Steamboat.

Harley20Omori2020Kane.jpg

Yes, I am.

HBK really wasn't anything special. He's no Hogan or Stone Cold. And even between Hogan and Austin, it was Bret Hart that was the top guy in WWF.

Right now CM Punk is in a situation that HBK didn't have to deal with. Hogan left WWF, John Cena has attached himself like a parasite to the WWE. If Hogan stuck around like Cena, we wouldn't be having this conversation right now (about HBK).

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Yes, I am.

HBK really wasn't anything special. He's no Hogan or Stone Cold. And even between Hogan and Austin, it was Bret Hart that was the top guy in WWF.

Right now CM Punk is in a situation that HBK didn't have to deal with. Hogan left WWF, John Cena has attached himself like a parasite to the WWE. If Hogan stuck around like Cena, we wouldn't be having this conversation right now (about HBK).
Damn it, I fell for it. Lol.

I may have F'd up my argument by dismissing HBK's importance when earlier I was saying that he triumphed despite his smaller physique. So I take back what I said, I let my Bret Hart fandom cloud my judgement, HBK was indeed at one time the Top Guy in WWF.

One of the arguments against Punk being the Top Guy in the attitude era was his body, and I've successfully argued that his body is no different than Shawn Michaels, so that's one point in my favor.

Now the argument seems to be about wrestling ability.

This is not my area of expertise so I'll just say that if CM Punk had the same opponents that Shawn Michaels faced, he wouldn't be that far off.

I would say that Punk's wrestling ability is similar and in some cases better than other Attitude Era staples such as, Stone Cold, The Rock, or The Undertaker. In other words, good enough to hold his own with the Top guys in the company.

So now that's Body and Wrestling Ability down. What were the other points made about Punk not being the Top Guy in the attitude era?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Vs. Daniel Bryan at Over The Limit was pretty damn incredible.

Realize that Punk was wrestling one of the greatest wrestlers of his era at the time. HBK had great matches with okay, good and other wrestlers, but Bret was the only 'great' wrestler that he wrestled during that time, and you could make the point that their matches could have been better if they liked each other. Did it make the feud better? Yes, but if they liked each other, they probably would've given each other more spots, and HBK wouldn't have to hog all the glory like he usually does.

I love Razor, but I'd say he's about as good as a Sheamus. Punk has never had that level of a match with a Sheamus or John Cena or Orton or even Jericho. Flair said it best, 'Shawn Michaels just went out and had a 5 star match with a ladder. It's like the other guy wasn't even there.'

SoulPlaya

more money than God
I may have F'd up my argument by dismissing HBK's importance when earlier I was saying that he triumphed despite his smaller physique. So I take back what I said, I let my Bret Hart fandom cloud my judgement, HBK was indeed at one time the Top Guy in WWF.

One of the arguments against Punk being the Top Guy in the attitude era was his body, and I've successfully argued that his body is no different than Shawn Michaels, so that's one point in my favor.

Now the argument seems to be about wrestling ability.

This is not my area of expertise so I'll just say that if CM Punk had the same opponents that Shawn Michaels faced, he wouldn't be that far off.

I would say that Punk's wrestling ability is similar and in some cases better than other Attitude Era staples such as, Stone Cold, The Rock, or The Undertaker. In other words, good enough to hold his own in with the Top guys in the company.

So now that's Body and Wrestling Ability down. What were the other points made about Punk not being the Top Guy in the attitude era?
Ummm, you actually didn't successfully argue the body argument. You posted a few pics of HBK, one was before the Attitude Era, another in 1999 when HBK wasn't even wrestling anymore, and another where you claim that he was sucking in his gut. Every main eventer in the Attitude Era (1997-2001) was jacked, with the exception of Mick Foley who was huge, nonetheless. It's not fair to Punk, but steroids were prevalent in that era, and unfortunately, Punk's unwillingness to use them would hurt him.

Secondly, Punk is nowhere near as good of a wrestler as HBK. Just nowhere near. Stone Cold was also considered one of the best workers in the world at the time, if not the best. Yes, his surgery slowed him down considerably, but he was also a better wrestler. Unfortunately, most people never got to see that side of Austin, but no one was as intense in the ring as him. Yes, Punk is a better wrestler than the Rock, but Rock is simply much more charismatic than Punk. I mean, we're talking prime 98-2000 Rock here. And Undertaker? What? They're not even similar. Either way, Taker is arguably the best big man wrestler they've ever had.

My point about Punk is that there is a combination of things that work against him. Bad physique. Good mic skills, but not up to Rock/Austin. Great wrestler, but there were plenty of great wrestlers then (with mic skills just as good, namely Jericho) who couldn't main event in that era.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I cant take talk of Shaun Michaels being the best ever seriously. I just really dont see it.
I don't know how you can't. Have you watched any of his matches? I can see why you don't think he's the best ever, but I have no idea why you can't take the idea seriously.

Top Bottom