• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin |OT| Are you a Kane guy? Hell NO! I'm the tag team champions!

I really would like them to kick the aces & eights plot thread into a much higher gear now.

I think using D-Von as a mouthpiece with a motive can only help the angle now. The Bully Ray connection should add some drama to the whole thing if they do it right.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Oh snap, the claws be coming out. Chill out, SoulPlaya. Don't let the jabs get to you.

Only fitting a Kane mark loses his temper amirite?
Yeah, you're right. I've just had a really bad day and a half, and I shouldn't be taking it out on you guys. I'm just really stressed out about how I'm going to pay back the 200-250K in loans that I will accrue from medical school.

pants

Better question would punk have main evented in TNA had he stayed

Much like AA he would have got way over under his own steam.

I think using D-Von as a mouthpiece with a motive can only help the angle now. The Bully Ray connection should add some drama to the whole thing if they do it right.
Perhaps, but I feel leaving the group largely anonymous will hurt the reveal of later chars. Unless there is a big recognizable outside name attached it will fall flat imo.

jmdajr

Yeah, you're right. I've just had a really bad day and a half, and I shouldn't be taking it out on you guys. I'm just really stressed out about how I'm going to pay back the 200-250K in loans that I will accrue from medical school.

By making a million dollars a year ten years from now.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Uh no, I'm trying to discuss it with you. You are actively denying the talents of one of the best stars in the business, it isn't unfair in the slightest to call into question your taste and credibility.

You don't understand. You think that RTC promo was similar to CM Punk because "cultlike" which is tantamount to me saying that Kane would never stand out as a dangerous guy in a weird mask because Shockmaster was such a colossal failure.
Hey man, forget it. I apologize. I shouldn't have snapped like that. I actually like your Kane quips. I think they're funny, and I mean that. You're a cool guy, and I shouldn't have said that to you. I mean it, I'm sorry.

Kyoufu

By main eventing the Attitude Era, duh.

jmdajr

Hey man, forget it. I apologize. I shouldn't have snapped like that. I actually like your Kane quips. I think they're funny, and I mean that. You're a cool guy, and I shouldn't have said that to you. I mean it, I'm sorry.

Kane_Daniel_Bryan_WWEHug_zps738a9f8d.gif

good job guys

You're jobbing to your loans and have the nerve to criticize the Best In The World®? For shame. I bet CM Punk wouldn't have tapped out to medical school tuition in the Attitude Era.

He turned heel in the end while still under the gimmick? damn I barely remember, all I remember is the generic as hell theme music and the incredible JBL and Cole commentary to his matches.
Nope, didn't turn heel I think he just got dropped. I dunno, it was weird but for some reason I think it worked. There isn't enough weird in the WWE.

Follow up question: did John Morrison have the power to manipulate time like Kane/Sin Cara/Undertaker can do with the lighting, or was it just the production crew slowing down the video every time?

"I've been defending this stupid TV Title and been force to try to make Garrett Bischoff a thing for months and yet you put Robbie fucking E instead of me in the Bound For Glory series?" is pretty strong motivation by itself.

Aiii

So not worth it
AJ would have never made it in the attitude era.

Nonsense! She would've wowed all the teens with her skimpy outfit and mad high flying moves and bumps. You take that back jmdajr! You take that back!

@soul, you'll pay it back with your insane doctor's salary ofcourse.

Nope, didn't turn heel I think he just got dropped. I dunno, it was weird but for some reason I think it worked. There isn't enough weird in the WWE.

Follow up question: did John Morrison have the power to manipulate time like Kane/Sin Cara/Undertaker can do with the lighting, or was it just the production crew slowing down the video every time?

Actually it worked well enough that he got tv time on each Smackdown so arguably it was the best gig Vito got in the WWE, can't have seen it going any further than it did myself though.

Jomosapien totally had the power to alter time, unfortunately doing this before each match drained him and the inner time slow powers he uses to help make his various rotations on Starship Pain occasionally suffered as a result, after matches to regain his powers he needs a good lunch which led to him swiping other peoples grubs and thus "we're gonna eat your lunch" was born.

jmdajr

Nonsense! She would've wowed all the teens with her skimpy outfit and mad high flying moves and bumps. You take that back jmdajr! You take that back!

@soul, you'll pay it back with your insane doctor's salary of course.

I don't know. Attitude era Vince was obsessed about Big Titties and Ass, as much as he was with Muscular Physiques.

maybe I am wrong!

Aiii

So not worth it
I don't know. Attitude era Vince was obsessed about Big Titties and Ass, as much as he was with Muscular Physiques.

maybe I am wrong!

Heh, don't know how he liked his women really. Lita and Trish weren't that huge after all.

Speaking of though. AJ is getting really buff, her arms and upper legs are getting quite huge for a girl her size. Looks like Kaitlyn's rubbing off on her.

Hmm, rubbing.

jmdajr

Heh, don't know how he liked his women really. Lita and Trish weren't that huge after all.

Speaking of though. AJ is getting really buff, her arms and upper legs are getting quite huge for a girl her size. Looks like Kaitlyn's rubbing off on her.

Hmm, rubbing.

ahem*

she sure is...

Kyoufu

Here's a question:

Would Steve Austin make it to the main event in this PG Era?

Would he get over the Cena fans or would he be at Punk's level?

Striker

Austin would be booked as a cowardly heel in this era.
Probably.

Austin had the help from guys like Hart and HBK giving him that momentum, and giving him that huge stage to perform on.

Who knows if he would have been pushed - doubtful because Vince now clearly doesn't give a shit. He had to push guys like Austin because he was a rising heel in the midst of the Hart, HBK, and Taker's of the WWF. Competition from WCW played a huge, huge part for it, but now he does whatever he pleases. Thus we get 2.5 and 2.7 resutls.

pants

I cant remember was The Pope's collarbone thing a work or not? I kinda see him sneaking into the aces and eights due to having nothing much going and the dvon connection.

EDIT: Also Why did Wolfe/McGuinness retire again?

SoulPlaya

more money than God
BTW, I just want to be clear. Kane has never done a promo where he just set something on fire, and looked around menacingly.

Also, people need to stop with the Attitude Era was uber-realistic crap. This is a time period where Kane & Taker were throwing around lightning bolts and fireballs, the Ministry of Darkness existed, and actual vampires threw blood on people. WCW was realistic, not WWE.

Ithil

I can't even remember the last non-cowardly heel. You might say Mark Henry, but even then they made him cowardly toward the end of his title reign.

pants

I can't even remember the last non-cowardly heel. You might say Mark Henry, but even then they made him cowardly toward the end of his title reign.

I find it crazy that they turned Brock Lesnar into somewhat of a cowardly heel.

Actually it worked well enough that he got tv time on each Smackdown so arguably it was the best gig Vito got in the WWE, can't have seen it going any further than it did myself though.

Jomosapien totally had the power to alter time, unfortunately doing this before each match drained him and the inner time slow powers he uses to help make his various rotations on Starship Pain occasionally suffered as a result, after matches to regain his powers he needs a good lunch which led to him swiping other peoples grubs and thus "we're gonna eat your lunch" was born.

Eh, I don't think it needed to go anywhere. It could've just been a thing that permanently became him to the point where no one even really mentioned it anymore. Sort of like Goldust.

When JoMo comes back he needs to get into a big feud with the Ryback over stolen lunches. Brought to you by Subway™

The moment Henry started fearing Big Show left me miserable, not quite as miserable as when Kane was getting duped by Edge but they're pretty much the same deal, build up monster heels successfully, knock them down far too early against people who didn't need the boost.

I guess during his heel runs Great Khali was never cowardly, he began to lose a lot and got degraded into being a novelty dancing face but I don't think they ever played the coward card at least.

Eh, I don't think it needed to go anywhere. It could've just been a thing that permanently became him to the point where no one even really mentioned it anymore. Sort of like Goldust.

When JoMo comes back he needs to get into a big feud with the Ryback over stolen lunches. Brought to you by Subway™
When he returns Rayback the destroy machine will be the face of the company, don't think they'll put JoMo straight into a main event feud.
Only part joking, I guess we'll find out at HiaC.

jmdajr

BTW, I just want to be clear. Kane has never done a promo where he just set something on fire, and looked around menacingly.

Also, people need to stop with the Attitude Era was uber-realistic crap. This is a time period where Kane & Taker were throwing around lightning bolts and fireballs, the Ministry of Darkness existed, and actual vampires threw blood on people. WCW was realistic, not WWE.

RobocopAndSting_zpsfaf86b8a.jpg

I kid, I kid....

but...

imagesqtbnANd9GcSH4fAkHrduGHPhPGm_k_zpsb734afaa.jpg

lets not even get started on Crow Sting.. which was um.. Pretty Cool!

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Stephanie also informed Congress that "s**t the bed" is an important term in wrestling parlance. When Stephanie said the WWE looks for wrestlers who have "it," she and the Congressional investigator had this exchange:
Q: And "it" is, sort of, charisma?
A: It is the total package, yes. It is the charisma. It the ability to take the audience on a ride. It is hopefully some wrestling ability, because you can't ‐‐ again, to use the parlance of our business ‐‐ s**t the bed when you are out there. Excuse me.
Q It is a business term, I understand.
A It actually is, believe it or not.
Later in the questioning, an investigator tried to get Stephanie to acknowledge that part of having "it" was being muscular. But Stephanie was having none of that.

"No, not necessarily," she said. "I mean we have a guy right now that is a really big, fat, bloppy guy. I mean, that's the only, really, way to describe him; and I shouldn't say his name now because it's going to be on record. He is a spectacle. He is an attraction. There are some attractions that we certainly look for in our business. I mean, we have a giant, a giant colleague right now. We have a midget ‐‐ a little person, sorry."

Then, as she discussed the WWE's various champions, McMahon said, "Our champion on SmackDown right now, Batista, is also a good‐looking guy, and he is more of the ‐‐ more of the bigger kind of kick‐your‐ass‐type guy. Excuse my language again."

lol

jobber

When did that happen. Lol indeed.

http://oversight-archive.waxman.house.gov/documents/20081231140942.pdf

CM Punk, who is currently our ECW champion, I would say is
probably not your best‐looking guy, but he has this straight‐edge
character.  His whole character is that he doesn't do drugs, he's
never touched alcohol, he's never done anything.  And he is more
of like a punk rock‐type character, so he has the black hair and
it's long; and he is a bit smaller ‐‐ he's not as tall as the
other two guys ‐‐ and also a lean body type like Randy.   
But that's his gimmick, his character is this hard‐core,
straight‐edge kind of guy.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Also keep in mind the Rock had a lot of catchphrases that never stuck. Just throwing that out there when it comes to promo ability, etc. You do throw a lot of shit at the wall and in hindsight, you only see what stuck, not what didn't.

Remember "The Big Nasty, Paul Wight"

jobber

Q I was asking if Developmental is the only way to get to
ECW, Raw or SmackDown?  

A For the most part because ‐‐ there's also what's called
independent shows.  And well ‐‐ I mean, so at any rate when
someone is on an independent show, and say they catch our eye, we
will hire them to our Developmental system.  That's actually how
CM Punk came to us.  

Q Is an independent show affiliated with WWE?  

A No, not affiliated at all.   
So there are some of these smaller shows, but they're not
nearly territories like they were, as I was describing before.  
But there are independent circuits, and they run much smaller
shows; they still wrestle in the high school gyms or, you know, in
the smaller venues that you might remember, growing up.  

Q Sure.   

A So they still have those independent shows.  And as
well, there is still another competitor out there as well, too, on
a much smaller scale.  They're called TNA.  There haven't been any
examples yet, but we would be open to having a talent come to our
show from TNA.  And if they were ready, they would probably not go
through the Developmental system, they would probably come right
in. 

yeah right

jobber

Q I just want to clarify, when you were talking about your
current champions a little while ago, you mentioned CM Punk and
his image being a clean wrestler and somebody who doesn't do
drugs, doesn't drink alcohol.   
When was CM Punk made a champion?   

A I'm really not sure.  I would say within the last year.  
It was recent.  

Q Was it following the death of Mr. Benoit?  

A Yes, it was.  Ironically, Mr. Benoit was supposed to
become ECW champion that night, and he didn't show up at the
pay‐per‐view because he was dead.

lol

Top Bottom