• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin |OT| Are you a Kane guy? Hell NO! I'm the tag team champions!

I can't believe this, I cannot believe this shit. I break Soulplaya's argument like Bane breaking Batman's back and everyone is no-selling it.
He had completely forgotten about Shawn Michaels when he said that Punk doesn't have the body to main event in Vince's Attitude Era, I call his ass on it, and this is the response I get? Even the people backing Punk don't agree with me? These toolboxes should be kissing my feet!

How do you fuckers not see that Shawn Michaels is a fucking shrimp!?

When you watch a basketball game, you can see that the point guards are noticeably smaller than the forwards and centers, right? You doofus aren't blind to that, correct?

Sure, if you see Jason Kidd walking on the street, he looks like a big, tall dude. But in the context of a basketball game he's tiny. Just like Shawn Michaels was in the main event of the Attitude Era, just like Punk would be if he was in the Attitude Era.

How am I the only one seeing this? Punk and Michaels are the same.

Michaels was the top guy in WWF despite his size, which means it's possible for a smaller guy like Punk to do so as well.

I think pipe bomb might be my least favourite "misappropriation of a thing that Punk said into a catchphrase because we briefly considered putting it on a t-shirt", but any time I think about that I remember that "I Dig Crazy Chicks" is a thing.

I also remember Jarrett's "shoot" when he came back to the WWF in 1997 and gained permanent heat with Steve Austin for his criticism of the "Austin 3:16" phrase.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
I can't believe this, I cannot believe this shit. I break Soulplaya's argument like Bane breaking Batman's back and everyone is no-selling it.
He had completely forgotten about Shawn Michaels when he said that Punk doesn't have the body to main event in Vince's Attitude Era, I call his ass on it, and this is the response I get? Even the people backing Punk don't agree with me? These toolboxes should be kissing my feet!
What are you talking about? I brought HBK and Bret Hart up in my original argument about Punk's size.

Aiii

So not worth it
I've seen enough Wrasslin' in my day to know that this can only lead to a Loser Leaves Town match between Soulplaya and Bean.

It's either that or the unlikely tag-team of SoulBeans.
Or Breathplayaz

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
What are you talking about? I brought HBK and Bret Hart up in my original argument about Punk's size.

I still say Bret Hart was MUCH bigger than Shawn at the time. Much much. Like, significantly. Shawn looks like a kid compared to Bret's robust physique.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
I've seen enough Wrasslin' in my day to know that this can only lead to a Loser Leaves Town match between Soulplaya and Bean.

It's either that or the unlikely tag-team of SoulBeans.
Or Breathplayaz
I already have a tagline for the match.

Kane vs. The Lame.

Mr. Sam

Shawn Michaels was absent for pretty much the entire Attitude Era. He was there, briefly, at its inception. He rose to prominence before it, retired before it got in full swing and returned after it was over.

Ok, I saw the post. So my victory isn't a slam dunk but I still successfully argued with conclusive evidence that CM Punk and Shawn Michaels have the same physique.

I acknowledge that these rulings take time to fully absorb and another aspect that I hadn't taken into account until now is the damage that DMczaf and his cronies did with their HBK snowglobe kliq, who for a large part of Gaf's existence, represented the entirety of the wrestling fan community here. Because of them, Shawn Michaels is highly overrated on this forum and a lot people think he's the be all and end all of wrestling.

So my findings might be hard for the majority of you here to swallow as evidenced by the last couple pages.

But facts are facts and the question of whether Shawn was in better shape than Punk is officially closed:

No, Shawn was not in better shape than Punk

somedevil

In the segment-by-segment, the open with Big Show did a 2.82 which is lower than most opens. Show vs. Daniel Bryan gained 73,000 viewers. The C.M. Punk interview with Vince McMahon coming out, plus Alberto Del Rio vs. Brodus Clay gained gained 161,000 viewers. Santino Marella & Zack Ryder vs. Titus O'Neil & Darren Young lost 427,000 viewers.

Ryback vs. Dolph Ziggler & David Otunga gained 512,000 viewers and did a 3.04 quarter at the 9 p.m. mark which is a usual good gaining spot. Antonio Cesaro vs. Justin Gabriel and Kane vs. Matt Striker lost 354,000 viewers. The Miz interview segment with Kofi Kingston lost 105,000 viewers. Sheamus vs. Wade Barrett gained 279,000 viewers at the 10 p.m. mark. Eve Torres vs. Layla and backstage stuff with Kane & Bryan and Vince McMahon and Ryback lost 53,000 viewers. Cody Rhodes & Damien Sandow vs. Primo & Epico lost 443,000 viewers. Kofi Kingston vs. The Miz lost 3,000 viewers and did a show low 2.56 quarter. The final segment with the contract signing with McMahon, Punk, John Cena and Ryback gained 766,000 viewers to a 3.10 overrun.

Ratings breakdown for Raw though with 3 hours you can't make sense of the ups and downs anymore. Though people are interested in who Punk oppenents was at the end of the show.

Cagey

Banned
Ryback vs. Dolph Ziggler & David Otunga gained 512,000 viewers and did a 3.04 quarter at the 9 p.m. mark which is a usual good gaining spot.

Otunga=Ratings. More bodybuilding attorneys pls.

Mr. Sam

Shawn Michaels is way overrated - as is Bret Hart, while we're at it. That said, no way is Punk's physique at his best as good as Shawn's physique at his best. Shawn was leaner, more muscular and even had a better tan.

Cagey

Banned
Agreed.

I wouldn't mind seeing IRS on to give Otunga some tax advice. Suits + muscles = money.

More Otunga vignettes where he's a smarmy weasel attorney suing over the most frivolous infractions in the WWE Universe.

Then, when he comes out and serves as Jacked Guy who Gets Squashed by the Bigtime Faces (for the ladies), the crowd will enjoy him getting beaten all the more.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Shawn Michaels is way overrated - as is Bret Hart, while we're at it. That said, no way is Punk's physique at his best as good as Shawn's physique at his best. Shawn was leaner, more muscular and even had a better tan.

Honestly I just don't think Punk has the genes to get his body to do what he wants it to. It's forcing a round (har) peg into a square hole.

More Otunga vignettes where he's a smarmy weasel attorney suing over the most frivolous infractions in the WWE Universe.

Then, when he comes out and serves as Jacked Guy who Gets Squashed by the Bigtime Faces (for the ladies), the crowd will enjoy him getting beaten all the more.

Surprised that Vince isn't using Otunga to try to bury democrats in some stupid series.

Shawn Michaels is way overrated - as is Bret Hart, while we're at it. That said, no way is Punk's physique at his best as good as Shawn's physique at his best. Shawn was leaner,
Or in other words, smaller.
more muscular
Not by much. Michaels didn't have a six pack, covered up more of his midsection with his tights, and kept his chest hair. Strength wise, I'd give the edge to Punk considering the people he's GTS'd, so all in all they're even on that front.
and even had a better tan.
Punk's tattoos make up for his lack of a tan. Also, Punk's tattoo look would be better suited to the Attitude Era.

If you take, height, weight, and strength level into account, you'd all see where I'm coming from. All of you are fixated on muscle definition, which wasn't much considering Michaels didn't bother to shave down.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I love Brotista, Sunflower. We both know this. But the man could barely cut a promo until BROTISTA happened, and he's not that great in the ring. I'd say a 7 is perfect.

Oh. I thought you meant in physical looks.

Since that's all that matters.

/vince

Aiii

So not worth it
AJ is a perfect 10, so there we go, AJ Lee is thebest wrestler ever.

I like this grading system guys. Good idea!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
AJ is a perfect 10, so there we go, AJ Lee is thebest wrestler ever.

I like this grading system guys. Good idea!

Physically on a scale of 1-10 I'd give AJ a 3. David Flair is above that. However it depends on what you're looking for - in my case she gets a 3 for not being physically imposing in any way AND THATS WHAT MATTERS DAMMIT

Surprised that Vince isn't using Otunga to try to bury democrats in some stupid series.

It just occurred to me that Vince has a black Harvard lawyer he could be beating up on national television every single week of the election to enormous cheers. That man has remarkable restraint.

Shawn was better than Punk, but Punk is very, VERY good. It's like Shawn is a 9.5, and Punk is a 9.

Batista is a 7. :x

Let's break this down even further:

Better Entrance theme, gestures, poses, pyro, etc.:
Shawn Michaels - CM Punk

Better finishing maneuver:
Shawn Michaels - CM Punk

Most memorable, quotable, promos:
Shawn Michaels - CM Punk

Better championship run:
Shawn Michaels - CM Punk

Better gimmick(s), angle(s):
Shawn Michaels - CM Punk

Level of success achieved based solely on merit:
Shawn Michaels - CM Punk

Better ring gear:
Shawn Michaels - CM Punk

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
It just occurred to me that Vince has a black Harvard lawyer he could be beating up on national television every single week to enormous cheers. That man has remarkable restraint.

Probably just hasn't occurred to him yet. I'll never forget that horrible Shad vs JTG strap match. Sighhhhh...or Saba Simba.... or Cryme Tyme's vignettes before they debuted...list goes on

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Brodus Clay at Wrestlemania.

I wanted to forget. :(

nvkVS.gif

XenoRaven

Probably just hasn't occurred to him yet. I'll never forget that horrible Shad vs JTG strap match. Sighhhhh...or Saba Simba.... or Cryme Tyme's vignettes before they debuted...list goes on
They included that Nation of Domination vs Road Warriors + Ahmed Johnson match where they put a noose around Farooq's neck on that Falls Count Anywhere DVD.

Bean you realize Shawn threw Marty janetty threw a barber show window right. Also his DX stuff as well.

Also punk should go back to usin the anaconda vice again

Top Bottom