• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin |OT| Are you a Kane guy? Hell NO! I'm the tag team champions!

Ithil

Also keep in mind the Rock had a lot of catchphrases that never stuck. Just throwing that out there when it comes to promo ability, etc. You do throw a lot of shit at the wall and in hindsight, you only see what stuck, not what didn't.

Remember "The Big Nasty, Paul Wight"

I remember Cena trying to get "Damn straight" over a a catchphrase in like 2004.

Because it'd all depend on the story. Like, for example, The Great Collie, we don't necessarily put him against a big guy ‐‐ you might want to tell the underdog stories ‐‐ you put him against a smaller guy, you know.

Totally naming my next dog that

jmdajr

Do you have a running count in your creative meetings of how many days talent has worked?
A Well, it is not the Creative, because storyline‐wise someone might be on TV, but if they have had a particularly hard run, you might give them the live events off that week. So it is really more of a Talent Relations call.
And yes, if someone ‐‐ for example, Chris Benoit came to us
and said that he was having a very difficult time and he needed time off for home. And so Talent Relations made the call, and Talent Relations told Creative Writing we are not going to have Benoit for 4 months. So no problem.

oh yeah

jmdajr

Okay. Are you familiar ‐‐ information provided to the committee by WWE indicated that on the first round of baseline testing ‐‐
A Uh‐huh.
Q ‐‐ under the plan, 75 wrestlers tested positive for steroids or illegal drugs. When you found out about that, about 40 percent of the talent that was tested, when you found about that, were you surprised?
A I didn't find out about that until just recently. And yes, I was surprised

juice!

Man Chris didn't just introduce PG era, he also introduced steroid/substance free era. What a guy.

Good god I thought we would have moved on from this.

SoulPlaya, you don't rate Punk, we get it. :p

I'd like to add though that you say Punk's mic work isn't good enough yet Austin's favourite promo of all time is Punk's pipebomb from last year. What now, son?

Holy shit, this thread went full retard overnight.

I'll talk about whatever the F I want, when I want and you can do two things about it:

1. Nothing
  2. And like it

jmdajr

Also, I'm glad that we've reached a consensus on CM Punk's physique being equal to Attitude Era Shawn Michaels'.

ultimate-warrior-laughing-o.gif

strobogo

Banned
His contract with TNA was up so they probably put it in to make sure they could quickly add him as DLC. Shame he resigned with TNA.

Or more likely he was put in by devs who are indy wrestling fans. Which is why there are moves and taunts every year from indy and old school wrestlers. The DLC moves pack featured El Generico's BRAIINNNBUSTAAAHH very prominently. Do you forget that Austin Aries was the VA for the CAW in the Road to Wrestlemania story? Would it be a surprise to you that he was a cool guy to work with, so they put in his stuff for the next game?

Who cares what he looks like. He's more entertaining than those muscle freaks.

Shawn Michaels is not a muscle freak. He's a smaller guy and kept his chest hair.

I'm sorry but I really don't see the difference between Michaels, Punk, Syxx Pac, Jeff Hardy, Christian, and Chavo Guerrero speaking strictly in terms of physique.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Shawn Michaels is not a muscle freak. He's a smaller guy and kept his chest hair.

I'm sorry but I really don't see the difference between Michaels, Punk, Syxx Pac, Jeff Hardy, Christian, and Chavo Guerrero speaking strictly in terms of physique.
And which of those guys (outside of Michaels, who I still say was in much better shape) main evented during the Attitude Era?

And which of those guys (outside of Michaels, who I still say was in much better shape) main evented during the Attitude Era?
None. Edge would eventually, although I think he's significantly taller than Punk.

Look at Diamond Dallas Page, he was a top face main eventing in WCW and I would say that his physique is also comparable to Punk, actually I'd even go as far as to say Punk has a better look. Page might be slightly larger overall but not by much.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
None. Edge would eventually, although I think he's significantly taller than Punk.

Look at Diamond Dallas Page, he was a top face main eventing in WCW and I would say that his physique is also comparable to Punk, actually I'd even go as far as to say Punk has a better look. Page might be slightly larger overall but not by much.
Page didn't main event in WCW consistently until after they started getting crushed by WWE. However, you're right. Punk could have been Jeff Jarrett in WCW, slap nuts.

Aiii

So not worth it
Or more likely he was put in by devs who are indy wrestling fans. Which is why there are moves and taunts every year from indy and old school wrestlers. The DLC moves pack featured El Generico's BRAIINNNBUSTAAAHH very prominently. Do you forget that Austin Aries was the VA for the CAW in the Road to Wrestlemania story? Would it be a surprise to you that he was a cool guy to work with, so they put in his stuff for the next game?

Relax. No need to get so worked up mate.

Page didn't main event in WCW consistently until after they started getting crushed by WWE. However, you're right. Punk could have been Jeff Jarrett in WCW, slap nuts.

Jarrett was in better shape than Punk but that's the only attribute he has over Punk other than his deep wrestling connections. Punk is a much better talker than Jeff Jarrett.

jmdajr

Only Jeff Jarret program I ever enjoyed was against Chyna. It had to get that ridiculous for me to be entertained.

Well Debra was nice...

Striker

DDP was significantly taller, and probably had 20 lbs on him.

BlazinAm

Only Jeff Jarret program I ever enjoyed was against Chyna. It had to get that ridiculous for me to be entertained.

Well Debra was nice...

Some of his TNA stuff wasn't bad, he was the right heel to help build guys like AJ Styles and Abyss.

TheNatural

My Member!
I like reading these Ryback and Goldberg war of words constantly. I COULD TOTALLY FAKE BEAT YOU UP! NO WAY, I COULD TOTALLY FAKE BEAT YOU UP!

It's pretty hilarious. It's like these guys are living the work, when usually wrestlers between eras compare who was better in the ring and outside it, these guys are marks for their one dimensional wrestling characters. Warrior needs to somehow get involved in this.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
FYI I think Punk's looks, physically, are below HBK's Attitude era physical look. However he has more health to him. Whatever!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Dat cocaine really helps a dude stay cut.

Yeah. Shawn had crackhead build. Punk's got a kind of 'country strong' look about him. He doesn't look physically imposing but he likely hits like a boulder. Where it's not about LOOKING strong and not being strong, but actually being it. I know ol' FallingEdge is wild about massels so he can tell us more about being strong vs looking strong.

Top Bottom