• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin |OT| Are you a Kane guy? Hell NO! I'm the tag team champions!

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Hey, while I find your knowledge of his personal life and family to be more than a bit creepy, and constant interjection of him into every possible conversation to often be frustrating and terribly annoying, I have zero issue with the sexiness you feel Kane exudes. In fact, I feel when he has his eye brows, he's not a bad looking man at all. I just don't want you to cheat and spam Kane (masked), Kane (unmasked), Kane (new mask), Christmas Creature, Issac Yankem, Doomsday, Unibomber, Fake Diesel, or Bruno Mastino. Or just Glen Jacobs.

Should Kane win, the poster with the most embarrassing pick will instead have to tweet the thread to Daniel Bryan with a request to make sure Kane sees it.
LOL!!! OK, this made my day.

And it was a discussion about good looking guys in wrestling. How could I not mention Mr. Mastino?

Ithil

Most wrestling forums/boards I've seen end up having a "best looking male wrestler on the roster" thread at some point. It's inevitable, even amongst straight men.

Kane is working his way up the ladder. He's in the #2 spot of WWE's power rankings just beneath Sheamus.

kKITJ.png

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Someone even painted Kane's own sexiness. I'm sure GGG hangs this in his home. Look how excited he looks to be receiving it!

450px-Kane_2008.JPG

How? Kane is nearly seven feet tall of pure manliness. Punk, on the other hand, is simple flabby fragility.

Hmmm... that can't be right because Kane isn't better than "The Heartbreak Kid" Shawn Michaels, and since Michaels and Punk have the same body type...

Unless you're seriously suggesting Kane is better than The Showstopper?

Do you really want to go down that road?

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Hmmm... that can't be right because Kane isn't better than "The Heartbreak Kid" Shawn Michaels, and since Michaels and Punk have the same body type...

Unless you're seriously suggesting Kane is better than The Showstopper?

Do you really want to go down that road?
I'm just saying, Bean. If you came home, and saw this on your coach.

l.jpg

You'd be throwing your panties off.

I'm just saying, Bean. If you came home, and saw this on your coach.

http://a2.ec-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/95/652685c96e6249aff70c5a03ec93b707/l.jpg[IMG]

You'd be throwing your panties off.[/QUOTE]

WTF?

I this your new Goldust gimmick?

at any rate, Kane isn't even in the same ballpark as Shawn Michaels and CM Punk. The thread title is in dire need of updating.

strobogo

Banned
I don't know, depends on what era of HBK you're talking about. Post-come back dead eye, lopsided receding hair line, girl tank top, redneck camo HBK? Musclebear (or cub? or maybe otter?) HBK of the late 90s? Puffed up and mullet sporting early years of HBK gimmick (post Rockers to mid 1994 or so)? 1980s coked up and ready to party HBK?

Enfinit

Are we still on this HBK debate? He's one of the greatest of all time, but not the greatest of all time. He's definitely in the top ten.

However, the greatest of all time is Stone Cold. And that's the bottom line.

strobogo

Banned
And Stone Cold and HBK were the same height, so if Punk's body is the same as HBK's body, that means he is the same size as Austin, ergo GOAT.

Yeah. Shawn had crackhead build. Punk's got a kind of 'country strong' look about him. He doesn't look physically imposing but he likely hits like a boulder. Where it's not about LOOKING strong and not being strong, but actually being it. I know ol' FallingEdge is wild about massels so he can tell us more about being strong vs looking strong.

It really depends. As you stated, there are situations where people look big but aren't really strong or individuals who have a smallish build but in actuality, are a lot stronger than people who are bigger than them. Take a look at someone like Bryan or even Macho Man. Dood isn't cut or lean but is just built like a truck and is prolly really strong. Compare them to someone like Ziggler or Rhodes, both of which have a very impressive physique but I still believe Bryan/Savage to be stronger. Of course, you can have the total package like Cesaro or Cena.

Training for strength is not the same as training for size or aestheticism. There is a different mindset to each one of them. Now that is not saying that you can't achieve more than one at a time, it is just extremely difficult. I believe Ziggler was talking about how he wanted to get bigger but didn't want to lose his physique so he just focused on staying lean/cut which in turn, makes you look a lot bigger.

As far as Punk/Michaels, I would have to say that Michaels has the more impressive physique. Punk has a weird, skinny/fat look to him, Kinda like Hero or Moxley. Some of it is genetics as I remember hearing him in a podcast about how he works hard to try to achieve a better look. I can see where the complaints about Punk's physique come from. He just has a weird body type. You don't hear anyone complain about Sandow or Bryan's body despite both of them being more 'meatier' and 'heavier'.

My thoughts anyway.

Ithil

It really depends. As you stated, there are situations where people look big but aren't really strong or individuals who have a smallish build but in actuality, are a lot stronger than people who are bigger than them. Take a look at someone like Bryan or even Macho Man. Dood isn't cut or lean but is just built like a truck and is prolly really strong. Compare them to someone like Ziggler or Rhodes, both of which have a very impressive physique but I still believe Bryan/Savage to be stronger. Of course, you can have the total package like Cesaro or Cena.

Training for strength is not the same as training for size or aestheticism. There is a different mindset to each one of them. Now that is not saying that you can't achieve more than one at a time, it is just extremely difficult. I believe Ziggler was talking about how he wanted to get bigger but didn't want to lose his physique so he just focused on staying lean/cut which in turn, makes you look a lot bigger.

As far as Punk/Michaels, I would have to say that Michaels has the more impressive physique. Punk has a weird, skinny/fat look to him. Some of it is genetics as I remember hearing him in a podcast about how he works hard to try to achieve a better look. I can see where the complaints about Punk's physique come from. He just has a weird body type. You don't hear anyone complain about Sandow or Bryan's body despite both of them being more 'meatier' and 'heavier'.

My thoughts anyway.
Well, Macho Man was huge, no doubt. I would wager you're right on Bryan being much stronger than you'd expect, his only real disadvantage is his height, I expect he's stronger than, say, Punk. He's not "ripped", either, but being ripped never equalled strength, it just looks better.

If the average guy stood next to Bryan, he'd seem huge apart from being short. That "thicker" build is often the sign of someone built for strength and stamina, rather than looks. I'll never forget Kane versus Batista in 2003, where Batisa, for all his veiny muscles, struggled to get Kane up for the powerbomb, while Kane tossed him around like he weighed nothing. Now, Batista could rip my head off, no problem, but he looked a lot stronger than he is. Same deal with Ryback now, he's strong, but not THAT strong. Goldberg was build for strength, Ryback is built for show.

You can get both, like you said, with the likes of Cena and Cesaro, who both look ripped as hell and are also strong as ox's, but that's rare.

I wonder what Punk would have looked like if he'd gone the steroid route. There are guys like Jericho who never really TRIED to get ripped (but did for his latest run) but there are guys like Punk who simply can't.

ROH are running a weekend sale with 20% off all their compilation dvd sets;

http://www.rohwrestling.com/news/weekend-sale-20-all-roh-compilation-dvds

Includes;

• -Davey Richards: The American Wolf
  • -Briscoe Brothers: The Baddest Tag Team On The Planet
  • -Roderick Strong: The Messiah of the Backbreaker
  • -Eddie Edwards: Road To The Triple Crown
  • -Wresting's Greatest Tag Team: The Anthology Volume 1
  • -Chris Hero: Ring of Hero
  • -Kevin Steen: Ascension To The Top
  • -The Summer of Punk
  • -Bryan Danielson: The American Dragon
  • -Samoa Joe Vs. CM Punk: The Collectors Edition
  • -Homicide: The Notorious 187
  • -KENTA: Go 2 Sleep
  • -El Generico: Ole! Ole!
  • -Nigel McGuiness: An ROH Career Retrospective
  • -Ring of Honor: Year One
  • -Austin Aries: The Evolution Of A-Double
  • -Kevin Steen: Descent Into Madness
  • -Samoa Joe: Total Domination
  • -Briscoe Brothers: Since Day One
  • -Jay Lethal: Lethal Injection
  • -Bryan Danielson Vs. Nigel McGuiness: The Complete Collection
  • -Kings of Wrestling: Kings Reign Supreme
  • -Ring of Honor: Year Two
  • -Delirious: Masked Insanity
  • -Davey Richards: The Hunt For Glory

You know what would really make these gifs awesome? If he wound up losing the match.

Well, his team lost, but he wasn't pinned.

strobogo

Banned
It really depends. As you stated, there are situations where people look big but aren't really strong or individuals who have a smallish build but in actuality, are a lot stronger than people who are bigger than them. Take a look at someone like Bryan or even Macho Man. Dood isn't cut or lean but is just built like a truck and is prolly really strong.

As far as Punk/Michaels, I would have to say that Michaels has the more impressive physique. Punk has a weird, skinny/fat look to him, Kinda like Hero or Moxley. Some of it is genetics as I remember hearing him in a podcast about how he works hard to try to achieve a better look. I can see where the complaints about Punk's physique come from. He just has a weird body type. You don't hear anyone complain about Sandow or Bryan's body despite both of them being more 'meatier' and 'heavier'.

D-Brine is fucking jacked. He's put on at least 20 pounds of muscle since NXT. Probably more. There was the link to Daniel vs Skip a few pages back. Compare those. He's HUGE now. In no way would anyone confuse him as "heavier" or "meatier" in the chubby sense. He's clearly a short dude with a ton of muscle on him, and since he's short and compact, his muscles are bulkier instead of lean. He'll start looking like Eddie did if he keeps his pace up.

Guzim

D-Brine is fucking jacked. He's put on at least 20 pounds of muscle since NXT. Probably more. There was the link to Daniel vs Skip a few pages back. Compare those. He's HUGE now. In no way would anyone confuse him as "heavier" or "meatier" in the chubby sense. He's clearly a short dude with a ton of muscle on him, and since he's short and compact, his muscles are bulkier instead of lean. He'll start looking like Eddie did if he keeps his pace up.

Maybe it's the beard.

Ithil

Luckily, he's never lost his "shape". A lot of guys, when they bulk up, just look like they started hitting the roids, and puff up. Bryan just looks like, well, like he worked out more and put on more muscle over the last 2 years.

strobogo

Banned
With all the talk of pretty wrestlers, I don't know how Justin Gabriel hasn't been mentioned. He was an ambiguously gay male model, after all.

Man you Indy Dudes have it real easy these days compared to the HBK Reign of Terror:

Sounds like HBK is jealous. Punk would tear him up on the mic and in the ring. Guess he needs more time to learn how to wrestle badly. :D

Joe vs Punk series >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Anything HBK has ever done.

Man, do you ever post anything that's not fellating some indy wrestler?

hbklay.jpg

"God damn, loosen up a little, tiger."

Jesus Christ, thanks for gaying up our Shawn Michaels thread

Now back to our regular scheduled programing.

01.jpg

Its not my fault HBK fears CM Punk. Its not like HBK is a bad wrestler. He's just fairly average in the grand scheme of things. :D

That's great. go make a CM Punk thread and see how far it goes.

hbk1.gif

Its gonna hard to get a CM Punk thread going when he is at the mercy of two inferior wrestlers like HHH and HBK. Which is why they stuck him in a dark match against some guy even I have never heard of then quickly decided he doesnt have what it take to get over. You can almost smell the fear.

Your posts sound like some Vince Russo conspiracy theory shit...

hbk316.jpg

33.jpg

"Isnt that special..."

Brian, the door lies thataway. Take it on your own or with my...assistance. :p

strobogo

Banned
Bret was only made champion because of the steroid stuff going on at the time. Even though Bret was on the juice. He just didn't look as preposterously huge like the Hogan and Warrior types.

Oh I agree 100%. For me, DBry has the perfect body. Same with Macho Man. They aren't ripped but they are massive and they are fucking strong. They are by far, what I want to achieve as far as looks go when I hit up the gym.

Well, Macho Man was huge, no doubt. I would wager you're right on Bryan being much stronger than you'd expect, his only real disadvantage is his height, I expect he's stronger than, say, Punk. He's not "ripped", either, but being ripped never equalled strength, it just looks better.

If the average guy stood next to Bryan, he'd seem huge apart from being short. That "thicker" build is often the sign of someone built for strength and stamina, rather than looks. I'll never forget Kane versus Batista in 2003, where Batisa, for all his veiny muscles, struggled to get Kane up for the powerbomb, while Kane tossed him around like he weighed nothing. Now, Batista could rip my head off, no problem, but he looked a lot stronger than he is. Same deal with Ryback now, he's strong, but not THAT strong. Goldberg was build for strength, Ryback is built for show.

You can get both, like you said, with the likes of Cena and Cesaro, who both look ripped as hell and are also strong as ox's, but that's rare.

I wonder what Punk would have looked like if he'd gone the steroid route. There are guys like Jericho who never really TRIED to get ripped (but did for his latest run) but there are guys like Punk who simply can't.

Yeah, the thing with wrestling is that obviously, looks go a long way. So if you look strong, you will definitely have more of an impact. I think Punk can look bigger/stronger but it is just a lot harder for him and with him being on the road so much, just takes that much more effort.

If Bryan was 6'2 and kept his mass, he'd be a beast. I want to be Bryan but at my size. Just can't grow a beard haha.

Top Bottom