• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin |OT| Are you a Kane guy? Hell NO! I'm the tag team champions!

strobogo

Banned
Punk looked awful when he tried to bulk up. The OVW clips on his DVD are hilarious. He was so bloated and puffy, and when you add in the jet black hair, eye liner, and lip ring and he looked like a fat teenage goth girl. He looks way better as skinny fat guy. I don't think he's not taken seriously by the audience due to his lack of abs. He's had big guys like Kane and JBL up for the GTS. He's strong enough to be believable.

Ithil

Punk looked awful when he tried to bulk up. The OVW clips on his DVD are hilarious. He was so bloated and puffy, and when you add in the jet black hair, eye liner, and lip ring and he looked like a fat teenage goth girl. He looks way better as skinny fat guy. I don't think he's not taken seriously by the audience due to his lack of abs. He's had big guys like Kane and JBL up for the GTS. He's strong enough to be believable.

It is simply how he looks, it's not like he isn't extremely fit, or he isn't strong. Though in a business so reliant on looks, that's not a great place to be.

Alucard

Banned
ROH are running a weekend sale with 20% off all their compilation dvd sets;

http://www.rohwrestling.com/news/weekend-sale-20-all-roh-compilation-dvds

Includes;

• -Davey Richards: The American Wolf
  • -Briscoe Brothers: The Baddest Tag Team On The Planet
  • -Roderick Strong: The Messiah of the Backbreaker
  • -Eddie Edwards: Road To The Triple Crown
  • -Wresting's Greatest Tag Team: The Anthology Volume 1
  • -Chris Hero: Ring of Hero
  • -Kevin Steen: Ascension To The Top
  • -The Summer of Punk
  • -Bryan Danielson: The American Dragon
  • -Samoa Joe Vs. CM Punk: The Collectors Edition
  • -Homicide: The Notorious 187
  • -KENTA: Go 2 Sleep
  • -El Generico: Ole! Ole!
  • -Nigel McGuiness: An ROH Career Retrospective
  • -Ring of Honor: Year One
  • -Austin Aries: The Evolution Of A-Double
  • -Kevin Steen: Descent Into Madness
  • -Samoa Joe: Total Domination
  • -Briscoe Brothers: Since Day One
  • -Jay Lethal: Lethal Injection
  • -Bryan Danielson Vs. Nigel McGuiness: The Complete Collection
  • -Kings of Wrestling: Kings Reign Supreme
  • -Ring of Honor: Year Two
  • -Delirious: Masked Insanity
  • -Davey Richards: The Hunt For Glory

Well, his team lost, but he wasn't pinned.

Bastards! I ordered 3 at regular price last week. :(

May have to get a few more now, though. Haha.

Kaladin

ROH are running a weekend sale with 20% off all their compilation dvd sets;

http://www.rohwrestling.com/news/weekend-sale-20-all-roh-compilation-dvds

Includes;

• -Davey Richards: The American Wolf
  • -Briscoe Brothers: The Baddest Tag Team On The Planet
  • -Roderick Strong: The Messiah of the Backbreaker
  • -Eddie Edwards: Road To The Triple Crown
  • -Wresting's Greatest Tag Team: The Anthology Volume 1
  • -Chris Hero: Ring of Hero
  • -Kevin Steen: Ascension To The Top
  • -The Summer of Punk
  • -Bryan Danielson: The American Dragon
  • -Samoa Joe Vs. CM Punk: The Collectors Edition
  • -Homicide: The Notorious 187
  • -KENTA: Go 2 Sleep
  • -El Generico: Ole! Ole!
  • -Nigel McGuiness: An ROH Career Retrospective
  • -Ring of Honor: Year One
  • -Austin Aries: The Evolution Of A-Double
  • -Kevin Steen: Descent Into Madness
  • -Samoa Joe: Total Domination
  • -Briscoe Brothers: Since Day One
  • -Jay Lethal: Lethal Injection
  • -Bryan Danielson Vs. Nigel McGuiness: The Complete Collection
  • -Kings of Wrestling: Kings Reign Supreme
  • -Ring of Honor: Year Two
  • -Delirious: Masked Insanity
  • -Davey Richards: The Hunt For Glory

I'm currently thinking about.....

Delirious: Masked Insanity
Kevin Steen: Descent Into Madness
Ring of Honor: Year One
Ring of Honor: Year Two

Not sure about the yearly DVDs though.

D-Brine is fucking jacked. He's put on at least 20 pounds of muscle since NXT. Probably more. There was the link to Daniel vs Skip a few pages back. Compare those. He's HUGE now. In no way would anyone confuse him as "heavier" or "meatier" in the chubby sense. He's clearly a short dude with a ton of muscle on him, and since he's short and compact, his muscles are bulkier instead of lean. He'll start looking like Eddie did if he keeps his pace up.

I don't think he'll ever look nearly as jacked as Eddie. Eddie at times was as huge as [WWE: This Name Doesn't Exist] and looked closer to Cena than D-Bry for most of the latter part of his WWE career. His arms, lats and traps were massive. And even when he was thinner when in WCW, dude was shredded almost like Rick Rude.

What happened?

Punk refused to put a suit on despite Undertaker telling him to wear one. John Cena and Undertaker were the only ones allowed to not wear suits backstage. Undertaker saw it as disrespect that CM Punk thought he was on the level of John Cena. Then CM Punk (WHC) vs Undertaker at Hell In the Cell happened, a glorified squash match.

Punk refused to put a suit on despite Undertaker telling him to wear one. John Cena and Undertaker were the only ones allowed to not wear suits backstage. Undertaker saw it as disrespect that CM Punk thought he was on the level of John Cena. Then CM Punk (WHC) vs Undertaker at Hell In the Cell happened, a glorified squash match.

"Glorified" is being generous. I don't even remember Punk getting any offense in.

I've never heard that suit bit. That's so wrasslin'.

zychi

Banned
anyone know the brand of hoodie punk has been wearing lately? I like the simplicity of the one color with white strings and no logos.

Raw64life

An extremely rare time where I wish Vince Russo was still in TNA as I'd love for Aces & 8s to reveal that they were behind the Hogan sex tape leak.

Ithil

WWE is gonna have to buy alot of Indy footage for that one. Bryan's WWE career so far isn't as interesting as Punk's. Bryan is getting it easy compared to him.

Punk's been here since 2005, 2006 for WWE TV. Bryan's been there two and a half years, he's gonna need a bit more time. It is true that from a "drama" standpoint, his overall career isn't as interesting as Punk's, since he didn't face the family problems Punk did, or the personal problems, Bryan is a well adjusted sort, he's just a world class wrestler who had a great career so far.

Still, his WWE run, judging by the last year, is shaping up to be one of the most memorable of all time. By the time its winding down, there will be plenty of material for a documentary.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Lets see

last time someone offered to take on A&8s and Hogan said NAH was D-Von

foreshadowing

somedevil

Punk's been here since 2005, 2006 for WWE TV. Bryan's been there two and a half years, he's gonna need a bit more time. It is true that from a "drama" standpoint, his overall career isn't as interesting as Punk's, since he didn't face the family problems Punk did, or the personal problems, Bryan is a well adjusted sort, he's just a world class wrestler who had a great career so far.

Still, his WWE run, judging by the last year, is shaping up to be one of the most memorable of all time. By the time its winding down, there will be plenty of material for a documentary.

Well like Punk his doctumentary will focus his battle against the WWE to be recognized for his talent. They have the good beginning with him being put with Miz on NXT as a joke against the IWC. The Jericho story on how Vince didn't think he could a star because he was a Vegan. The tie incident and his return and his burial by Cole. Then his money in the bank win and his title run that started to get him over. The Wrestlemania moment and the raw after that got him more over. Then his rise now to one of the most over wrestlers on WWE.

They have a good amount so far, but he nees another 3 years before his DVD comes out.

Top Bottom