• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin |OT| Are you a Kane guy? Hell NO! I'm the tag team champions!

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
They really need to get the hell out of Orlando. The crowd was like a funeral compared to their PPV crowd.

fuck no

The red hair chick, the random chants, the one dude that trolls out loud

Impact Zone is godlike

BTW: Bob eh ROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO was telling James Storm that he gave Storm his rematch for the TNA title last year.

If I remember correctly, ROOOOOOOOOO won the BFG tournament then lost the title match at BFG. So how the hell did ROOOOOOO give up a rematch?

BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH

Kaladin

Just finished Impact:

- Devon as the mouth piece of Aces & Eights is ok, but he does nothing more than give that group a familiar name when the lot of them are new to Impact wrestling.
- Hate the new title, but at least it is better than Hardy's last belt.
- Aries plays this heel character better than Punk.
- Matt Morgan is back with some intensity....will I care next week?
- The triple threat was ok, but these three have done better.
- How is Hulk going to pick from Anderson, Storm, Bully and Angle for a title shot? It's a toss up.
- Eh, I fast forwarded through the main event, I have seen Sting and Devon wrestle enough....and oh look, Aces & Eights brawl.

Another decent Impact....can't wait for next week's title defense!

Quoted for the new page because I hate being on the last post of a page.

Kaladin

IT'S THE SAME BELT

The last one was purple, and had more color to the plate.

Also,

LGoyw.jpg

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
i dont get it. i thought he was always heel. I recall posts saying he is the greatest heel.

Well he's a heel who aligned himself with the faces because of a common enemy. When A&8s first showed up, the entire locker room came out to fight them off. It seems like the faces are the only ones going after A&8s now.

Aries made no mention of them in the last 5 weeks despite ARM BREAKER DUDE still being out there.

Both D Von and Bully asked to take on A&8s and Hogan turned them down. Bully was also the last guy to come out tonight. I'm guessing he's playing Hogan and Sting.

Remember what the A&8s dude said last week about Hogan locking them out or really locked them in. D Von wasn't around last week but Bully was.

I've been out of the thread for a while, so someone mind telling me why the fuck Jeff Hardy is TNA Champ again? For the record, I missed BFG so I assume Aries is heel now.

tm24

Probably me and bootaaay are the only people who will be saddened by this, but Marvin "Brain Damage" Lambert was found dead earlier today and it looks like it was a suicide. Dude was one of the more imposing deathmatch workers and was pretty entertaining in brawls. Drake Younger vs BD from Tod6 is still one of the most stupid entertaining deathmatches ive seen

Jamie OD

Probably me and bootaaay are the only people who will be saddened by this, but Marvin "Brain Damage" Lambert was found dead earlier today and it looks like it was a suicide. Dude was one of the more imposing deathmatch workers and was pretty entertaining in brawls. Drake Younger vs BD from Tod6 is still one of the most stupid entertaining deathmatches ive seen

Just read the news now. Sad to hear.

strobogo

Banned
I would guess Benoit's was worse given his much more intense schedule combined with his physical style (and those fucking headbutts).

I don't know, ridiculous headbutt strike battles have been pretty common and widespread in deathmatches for the past decade. Or full on full force punches to the head over and over. And all the ridiculous things guys get hit in the head with without trying to protect themselves. There have to be a few deathmatch guys with brains as holey as Benoit's.

DKehoe

I would guess Benoit's was worse given his much more intense schedule combined with his physical style (and those fucking headbutts).

I really wish WWE (and everywhere else really) would ban the diving headbutt. It has to be pretty damaging to the guys who do it. Harley Race even said he wish he hadn't invented it because of its effect on those who do it.

Toki767

Just watched Impact...they seriously gave Hardy a brand new belt? They couldn't have saved money and used the old one? I guess that means he's not losing the belt anytime soon. I also found it funny when Tenay said Aries had a big ego when Hardy was the one who had his face plastered all over a belt.

The Devon thing is going to flop so badly. Hard to take him seriously when he practically lost his first match after going heel. They should've had him show a new mean streak and just beat on Sting until he got DQed.

Lastly, I wonder if they'd consider giving Joe a year+ long TV title reign just so he can get a match at every show.

KissVibes

Banned
Punk vs Ryback a HiaC must end with Ryback losing so the next night on Raw JOHN CENA demands a match between Ryback and CM Punk at TLC to finally define CM Punks career and find out if he's really WWE Champion or a fudging goober.

Oh and John Cena is guest referee.

IT'S THE SAME BELT

The last one was purple, and had more color to the plate.

Not only that, but the lips on the face plate are different, and two of the side plates are different since they don't have any jewels. A friend and I hashed this out during the show, which is probably the most attention I'll ever pay attention to that belt from here on out.

I did think that Hardy's reference to the disposal of the purple belt was clever, though.

Ryback is like the Crimson of WWE.

Let's not say things we can't take back.

someone teach Ryback how to hold a chair pls

http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/0/8236/2347219-FjFnS.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Well, that's a striking image, at least. So I guess Ryback's going to be a big part of TLC?

[quote="bangai-o, post: 43365335"]what does Ryback costume supposed to be? A bunch of gears? What does that have to do with being hungry?[/QUOTE]

He used be The Cyborg or something, now his thing is that he needs to be fed. I guess he's The Tao Tie now, or The Minotaur. You might even call him a Mantaur.

[quote="Professor Beef, post: 43365745"]It's easier to hold a chair like that when you're rampaging like Juggernaut.[/QUOTE]

It just occurred to me that Ryback's awkward stomping might be a direct reference to Ray Harryhausen's work; almost nothing trashed places like Harryhausen's stop-motion monstrosities.

[quote="McNei1y, post: 43370958"]Ryback needs to stop destroying things.[/QUOTE]

I think that he needs to destroy things more often. Imagine how it would be if that poster actually had a bit of foreshadowing to it - if Ryback either went on a rampage or got dragged into a knockout brawl that somehow trashed every Table, Ladder and Chair in the back and under the ring, throwing all the TLC matches for the rest of the night into bedlam?

VerTiGo

Banned
As an avid viewer of TNA, last nights episode sucked aside from two bright spots, those being the promos cut by both Aries and Roode. Especially Roode because he keeps getting better. Good to see Joey Ryan on TV as well.

Hardy sucks. I hope he loses the belt in his first title defense to James Storm. Was great to see Aries spit on that hideous belt as well. Hopefully Storm gets chosen and wins and both Aries and Roode come out all upset, since Roode doesn't want the belt on Storm and since Aries didn't want Hardy to lose it so quickly becaus he wanted to take it back himself when he eventually uses his rematch clause.

Aries' promo was pretty awful. I like the guy but he was off last night.

Also it's amazing how old and ugly Punk looks in that TLC poster. Buzzing his hair saved him.

VerTiGo

Banned
Aries' promo was pretty awful. I like the guy but he was off last night.

Also it's amazing how old and ugly Punk looks in that TLC poster. Buzzing his hair saved him.

Are you a Hardy fan or something? It was a good promo. I don't see how it was horrible in any way. Poking fun at Hardy, sayin how he pulls strings in the back and those cookies. Yes must be a Hardy fan.

Aries in that promo alone, in addition to Hardy's lack of charisma killed Hardy's momentum, which there was none anyway. Where we're the impact zone fans in Arizona. That crowd was behind Aries but the BFG highlights edited the audio to make it sound like people there were actually for Hardy.

jmdajr

Ryback got his own PPV poster.....

woah

edit: I don't hate the guy. He's amusing. But he went from killing jobbers to main event status.
And heck, those dude weren't even jobbers. Saying they were jobbers is an insult to all jobbers out there.
Brooklyn Brawler cries.

Top Bottom