• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin |OT| Are you a Kane guy? Hell NO! I'm the tag team champions!

Laserfrog

I hate debates, I prefer flat out arguments.

Oh it's a new page! I better make the most of it!

So I added Gorilla Monsoon, because nobody can argue with that.

220px-Gorilla_Monsoon.jpg

Kyoufu

So there won't be another Raw in Chicago until at least June 2013....

Punk is going to get buried hard in the coming months.

SoulPlaya will be pleased.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I think we should have Manager November where we change our avatars to our favorite wrestling managers :)

Perhaps a flood of Jimmy Hart avatars!

I think we should have Manager November where we change our avatars to our favorite wrestling managers :)

Perhaps a flood of Jimmy Hart avatars!

My favourite manager is a guy at our local promotion named Dr. Kyoto. He's a tiny Japanese guy in an oversized white suit, sunglasses, and a white durag who carries a confederate flag and manages a team called the "Redneck Renegades" who are a couple of guys with Tennessee outlaw/redneck gimmicks, one of them usually carries the Japanese flag.

The team used to be one of my least favourite (they're steadily improving), but the manager is fucking amazing.

I wonder when will Cena be in a buried alive match

I think most Cena matches are buried alive matches...

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Jimmy Hart is one of the most prolific managers out there, my favorite is Bobby Heenan, but special mention goes to Cornette. He did a wonderful job helping men who simply could NOT talk.

Late to mention this, but it sucks to hear about Brain Damage - the dude wasn't an amazing wrestler or anything, but he had a presence and attitude that always made him stand-out from the run-of-the-mill deathmatch workers, and never seemed to be one of those guys who just strung a bunch of spots together. I always enjoyed his matches with Necro;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYSMyR2_9sk

R.I.P.

Good idea!

12 Large, brother.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Late to mention this, but it sucks to hear about Brain Damage - the dude wasn't an amazing wrestler or anything, but he had a presence and attitude that always made him stand-out from the run-of-the-mill deathmatch workers, and never seemed to be one of those guys who just strung a bunch of spots together. I always enjoyed his matches with Necro;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYSMyR2_9sk

R.I.P.

Good idea!

12 Large, brother.

GodDAMN those punches.

And Larry Sweeney...very cool guy. Wish I had paid attention to him when it had mattered. :(

XenoRaven

My favourite manager is a guy at our local promotion named Dr. Kyoto. He's a tiny Japanese guy in an oversized white suit, sunglasses, and a white durag who carries a confederate flag and manages a team called the "Redneck Renegades" who are a couple of guys with Tennessee outlaw/redneck gimmicks, one of them usually carries the Japanese flag.

The team used to be one of my least favourite (they're steadily improving), but the manager is fucking amazing.
This guy sounds like he just adopted every heel manager gimmick he could think of. The only thing he's missing is Bill Alfonso's fucking whistle.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
it's so crazy how I heard Gorilla Monsoon say that in my head, thanks brain.

Thanks Brain! See! You're in the middle of it! It's 1992 all over again!

Also, underrated manager? Sonny Onoo.

This guy sounds like he just adopted every heel manager gimmick he could think of. The only thing he's missing is Bill Alfonso's fucking whistle.

No joke, he used to carry a paper fan as well and he speaks in the most Ching-Chong put on fake accent ever. I basically love it because it's just every single evil manager trope rolled into one.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Mr. Fuji was a good manager but only for "foreigners" - he couldn't speak for shit on the mic. Good in his actions, though.

Never enjoyed Harvey Wippleman though.

Precious Paul Ellering may be the best though from all perspectives. Heenan was wonderful for comedy spots, but nobody really felt like "the guy in charge of these badass dudes" like Ellering. He was awesome.

somedevil

PWInsider.com reports WWE is talking with Charlie Sheen about possibly being involved in some type of non wrestling role for WrestleMania 29.

Sheen of course was rumored to be involved with this past years SummerSlam—but as we exclusively reported on WZ, there were issues finalizing a deal and concern regarding Sheen's reputation.

WWE is attempting again to work with Sheen and possibly have him start appearing on WWE television in a few months to being a build to WrestleMania.

WWE is also wanting to capitalize on the one of the most popular shows on telelvision. "Here Comes Honey Boo Boo" on TLC is very popular and has WWE considering working with Alana Thompson, who is known as the Honey Boo Boo child.

WWE can't be this stupid right? lol

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
WWE can't be this stupid right? lol

Honey Boo Boo is great entertainment. They should make her GM - kick out AJ. Then cue up nonsense matches. It'd be better than AJ just agreeing to everthing...

Must fucking suck to be like, Tyson Kidd, spend your entire life wrestling trying to perfect your craft and then the biggest wrestling company hands more money to some douchebag celebrity than they're willing to pay you for an entire year of dedicated work.

Fuck this company, I'm seriously out if they bring Honey Boo Boo in for Wrestlemania.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Must fucking suck to be like, Tyson Kidd, spend your entire life wrestling trying to perfect your craft and then the biggest wrestling company hands more money to some douchebag celebrity than they're willing to pay you for an entire year of dedicated work.

Fuck this company, I'm seriously out if they bring Honey Boo Boo in for Wrestlemania.

I'm pretty sure Tyson knew exactly what he was getting into. I'm sure Tyson is well aware of being shorter than the average wrestler and how Vince feels about big guys. It's not like celebrities at Wrestlemania is anything new.

Tyson could leave and get work at Japan if he wanted to. I'm sure he's liking making real easy money right now and getting to see the world with his girlfriend.

Kaladin

You know you'd be back.

Holy Christ, if they bring in Honey Boo Boo, I'm out. I don't think I'd be able to stomach that. It would result in the kind of secondhand embarrassment that gives you chills.

Oh God, I'm already face_palming so hard I can feel my brain.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
For all you Honey Boo Boo haters, you seriously dont want this on your product?

k4Yhi.gif

rzt8s.gif

aTZzP.gif

Q8NUV.gif

Jtp2E.gif

Man fuck jeff hardy.. can't stand this idiot. No shows events, shows up drugged out of his mind for a main event ppv, turns down contracts heads back to wwe.. yet TNA still can't get off his dick.

Brings out another stupid looking title belt.. I don't like this whole thing with wrestlers being able to have/design their own belts. the belt is the belt.. just tossing it out and coming up with a new design just makes it seem meaningless in the first place.

Not gonna complain too much cuz TNA has been really good this year but having Jeff win at BFG was a bummer

Top Bottom