• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin |OT| Are you a Kane guy? Hell NO! I'm the tag team champions!

Entropia

No One Remembers
Why not just put the tag match in HIAC? Shit would be a ton of fun considering the competitors (even more so if they can use booking magic to put both Rhodes Scholars and Car Stereo in the match).

Remember the 4 way tag match idea? :(

PTP vs. Rhodes Scholars vs. Car Stereo vs. Team Hell No

Though having it a 3 way with RS vs. CS vs. THN would be good too

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Maybe with Ryback they're banking on the 'can he lift them?' gimmick like with Cena. But unlike with Cena, we actually DONT KNOW if Ryback can lift them.

Oh man! I used to play EWR so much back in the day.

I still play me some TEW. Fun to just kill a few hours. I love those type of games. Might go back to EWR. TEW can be a bit overwhelming.

John Cena does not like the booking of this match, and has requested you change it so that he looks stronger.

lolololol.

Loved all the recaps and whatnot. I need to start up an old EWR save I have. So dumb haha.

strobogo

Banned
Paul just has an extreme center of gravity. The best part (besides Scott Steiner Jr. in the crowd, of course) was that the weird fisherman jackhammer actually looked much better and impactful than his actual finisher.

I'm kind of surprised that cell phones haven't done for pro wrasslin house shows what they have for concerts. You'd think with cell phones (and tablets for TNA fans) that matches would get recorded and sent around on the internet so you'd have high quality copies of Bryan/Punk going 40 minutes or Ziggler vs Cody.

Kaladin

I'm kind of surprised that cell phones haven't done for pro wrasslin house shows what they have for concerts. You'd think with cell phones (and tablets for TNA fans) that matches would get recorded and sent around on the internet so you'd have high quality copies of Bryan/Punk going 40 minutes or Ziggler vs Cody.

WWE is typically very strict about not letting people record. If they see you recording multiple times, they will take your phone for the rest of the show, but usually they just ask you to put it down.

I wish they were as strict about people bringing their kids up to the front row and letting them stand in front of people who actually paid to be in the front row during the entrances.

Entropia

No One Remembers
I still play me some TEW. Fun to just kill a few hours. I love those type of games. Might go back to EWR. TEW can be a bit overwhelming.

lolololol.

Loved all the recaps and whatnot. I need to start up an old EWR save I have. So dumb haha.

I don't think I ever played TEW.

http://www.geeksoft.net/zeus.html I think I used this one a bit as well, though I remember an e-fed I participated in used it because it spit out moves/commentary. Some of the more hardcore e-feds I participated in people wrote out the shows themselves or copy/pasted some things that the e-wrestlers sent in lol

I also played Get In The Ring / 2000... which, I think is ultimately responsible for getting addicted to playing online ;\

hertog

Found this awesome gif

Hoogan_zps68552290.gif

I don't think I ever played TEW.

http://www.geeksoft.net/zeus.html I think I used this one a bit as well, though I remember an e-fed I participated in used it because it spit out moves/commentary. Some of the more hardcore e-feds I participated in people wrote out the shows themselves or copy/pasted some things that the e-wrestlers sent in lol

I also played Get In The Ring / 2000... which, I think is ultimately responsible for getting addicted to playing online ;\

TEW is made by the guy who made EWR. You can download TEW 2005 for free here -http://www.greydogsoftware.com/tew/index.php?page=freeware

It looks like he is making TEW 13. Can't wait for that.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Chris Jericho called in Busted Open and ranted for 15 minutes about Punk and Ryback. I had no idea who it was until they thanked him for calling in. I was wondering why this mark was on the line so long.

He said Ryback should win. Heels were built to lose. Punk doesn't care about the title or streak. He cares about making stars and making money.

actually i should spoiler this shit

Aiii

So not worth it
Back in 99/00 I ran an e-fed with a guy and we used Zeus and then elaborated on what it put out by adding some cool spots and doing custom commentary.

But we did two shows and a monthly PPV, which we wrote out top to bottom. Took fucking ages and it's all gone now. Good times though.

Ryback should win, but it's a terrible time for him to do it.

As of right now they have a #1 contender for January, a heel champ with an ongoing feud with that contender, and an immediate #1 contender with a winning streak going into a non-DQ match.

I would say the odds that they want to do Rock vs. Ryback are incredibly slim so they're either going to blow the angle now or within the next couple of months. Realistically they should have introduced Ryback right around now so that he could be a big fucking deal by the down period after Wrestlemania 29 and challenge for the title then.

Kaladin

is Ryback just relying purely on the push-off? sheesh. If Sheamus or Swagger initially fail to get a move off, at least they can power there way through and still pull the move off. I would expect the same from Cecaro even. Ryback just seems lazy.

He's used to working with guys that weigh less than 125 in squashes.

Chris Jericho called in Busted Open and ranted for 15 minutes about Punk and Ryback. I had no idea who it was until they thanked him for calling in. I was wondering why this mark was on the line so long.

He said Ryback should win. Heels were built to lose. Punk doesn't care about the title or streak. He cares about making stars and making money.

actually i should spoiler this shit

Jericho's been stinking up the joint all year. Someone should tell him to pipe down, hush up, and be quiet.

jmdajr

Really, I just want that short order cook to beat Big Daddy Drools WWE title Record.
Heck if he could beat Cena's record then he could really rub it in.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I don't want to see Punk win, but I don't want to see Ryback win just yet. Feels early.

somedevil

I don't want to see Punk win, but I don't want to see Ryback win just yet. Feels early.

Thats the problem the WWE is going to have for the finish of the match. Punk needs to win, but Ryback needs to look strong.

I think they just bring Lesnar in and pay extra so it doesn't count as one of his dates to interfere and help Punk win.

Kaladin

You know what the best outcome of this match could be? WWE does a no contest which effectively changes some of the no dq or no countout rules of the Hell In A Cell match and because they don't want fans to be reminded of it, they drop the gimmick PPV in favor of something else where they have more freedom of booking for the next few years.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah... something has to go down...

At the same time though Ryback v Lesnar would be horrible, because both of them can't look strong coming out of this. So the only solution is a Ryback Lesnar team, which makes no storyline sense (not that they've ever stopped before) - so arrrrgh I don't know.

We're gonna end up with Nash, aren't we. "Ryback said feed me more, who fed him? ....I did"

bangai-o

Banned
how about Ziggler cash in. in some form. I dont know. Maybe when Ryback is Champion and is eating Punk, he suddenly realizes.. omg its poison! EXCUSE ME. It is revealed that Vicki poisoned CM Punk with her enchiladas before the match, followed by Ziggler shaking his pink boyshorts slowly on the way to the ring to pick up the win.

Colt Cabana will run Ryback over in the parking lot, causing him to be replaced in the match by Tyson Kidd. Punk and Kidd wrestle for 67 minutes when they both knock each other out simultaneously causing Punk to retain in a draw.

EDIT: Holy fuck, it just occurred to me that "Double KO" is a thing that could realistically happen...

Entropia

No One Remembers
how about Ziggler cash in. in some form. I dont know. Maybe when Ryback is Champion and is eating Punk, he suddenly realizes.. omg its poison! EXCUSE ME. It is revealed that Vicki poisoned CM Punk with her enchiladas before the match, followed by Ziggler shaking his pink boyshorts slowly on the way to the ring to pick up the win.

Brilliant.

Kaladin

Colt Cabana will run Ryback over in the parking lot, causing him to be replaced in the match by Tyson Kidd. Punk and Kidd wrestle for 67 minutes when they both knock each other out simultaneously causing Punk to retain in a draw.

EDIT: Holy fuck, it just occurred to me that "Double KO" is a thing that could realistically happen...

Close, but they will probably go with a double pinfall where Punk retains.

Ryback does not lose, Punk wins, everyone is happy.

jmdajr

I guess there can be a double ten count.

Top Bottom